Wow....how interesting!!!
walking through

Bettendorf, IA

#3 Jan 9, 2012
Where is TMZ when you need them???
concerned citized

Batavia, IL

#4 Jan 9, 2012
your gona go as far to give initials just give the full names. especially if they are sex offenders/sex deviants, let the public know these peoples names as they take tax payer money!
Funny

United States

#5 Jan 9, 2012
That's great can't wait till wimington takes over coal city.
Abc

Minooka, IL

#9 Jan 9, 2012
Cheers 2 u CC tax payer!!!!!!! I totally agree!!!!
Absolutely!

Maryland Heights, MO

#23 Jan 9, 2012
I must have misread the indictment from federal ICE agents. I apologize, can you double check me please about your soccer coach?

http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/chicago/20...

It's been fun folks, but you don't need my input, you've got it all figured out. I'm headed to the Area Club to burn up some dues by mowing the grass again.
bottom feeder

Coal City, IL

#24 Jan 10, 2012
Most of the crap on this site is BS but I got to believe that is all true what concerned said.

Maybe install video throughout the fire houses and that will keep the tom-foolery in the trucks at least. But the hi-jinks and shenanigans; nothing we can do about that.

As for pedophiles; touch my kid and I will end your sorry ass sick life, no courts necessary. No year long delays in court. sickos.
walking through

Bettendorf, IA

#25 Jan 10, 2012
[QUOTE who="Absolutely!"]I must have misread the indictment from federal ICE agents. I apologize, can you double check me please about your soccer coach?
http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/chicago/20...
It's been fun folks, but you don't need my input, you've got it all figured out. I'm headed to the Area Club to burn up some dues by mowing the grass again.[/QUOTE]
Does the check signature for the lawn mower say "upper crustie"?
girls view

Potosi, MO

#26 Jan 10, 2012
I cannot believe what I read here. I know a hand full of the people on that department. You don't think they feel betrayed and disgusted when they find out about this kind of crap? Mr concerned sure knows a lot about their initials and ranks. Why didn't he come forward before if it's all true? Plus I wonder what truths would be told if his initials were given?
ccscum

Potosi, MO

#27 Jan 10, 2012
Don't be fooled the whole department are upper crusters!!
Retired member

Plainfield, IL

#29 Jan 10, 2012
I know that 2 members were arrested for sex offenses and that there were some things done at the fire station that not everyone is proud of but the old saying 1 bad apple doesnt spoil the whole bunch applies here. be thankful we have fire and rescue personnal in this town that risk thier lives to save or family and property on a daily basis someone who will respond when we are sick and in need or someone who will show a little kid a fire truck be thankful coal city of what you have.
Fire starter

Los Angeles, CA

#37 Jan 10, 2012
CCFD are not heros. They only do it for the money. Stop paying then so much money and watch then all leave. Most are not even from CC, they don’t care about this town one bit.
Say what

Los Angeles, CA

#39 Jan 10, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing crazy about it is most of the people down there work 40 hrs aweek there.... And that's there second job! All the people down there put in so much, take time away from thier families, risk there lives, and all u assholes out there do is talk all kinds of shit about them they might save your life, kids life or your mom and dads some day if u think u could put up with the stress and the emotional part of the job better then they do how about going to school for a few years and train all the time to keep up with all the new ways of doing things see if u can .I bet you cannt. Fuck what anyone has to say about CCFD they are Heroes in my book!

Who are you trying to kid? They work 40 hours a week down there as a second job because they get paid 18 dollars an hour. Plus they get to do whatever they want (read above). I heard one of the “full time guys” left the station one night and went home to sleep with his girlfriend. I guess we should not expect anything better when we have a trustee who quit the fire department when they took out alcohol now making the rules. That entire group needs to be replaced.
Truth

Joliet, IL

#40 Jan 10, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing crazy about it is most of the people down there work 40 hrs aweek there.... And that's there second job! All the people down there put in so much, take time away from thier families, risk there lives, and all u assholes out there do is talk all kinds of shit about them they might save your life, kids life or your mom and dads some day if u think u could put up with the stress and the emotional part of the job better then they do how about going to school for a few years and train all the time to keep up with all the new ways of doing things see if u can .I bet you cannt. Fuck what anyone has to say about CCFD they are Heroes in my book!
All true. But it doesn't excuse the kind of bad behavior that is being discussed here.

IMO along with the title "hero" comes the responsibility to conduct yourself like one, on and off the job. There was a time when honor played a huge role in a firefighter's character. Like it or not, what every single firefighter does reflects on their department. It is their duty to protect the honor and reputation of their department. And it is the duty of the trustees and administration to make sure that happens and to conduct themselves in an honorable manner as an example. If you want a professional department, you have to start making professional decisions based on what is good for the department, not what is good for your friends.

Right now, the reflection on CCFPD is not looking so good and if even half of what was revealed in Post No. 1 is true, then someone needs to start doing some heavy housecleaning. Quit making excuses for bad behavior.
retired

United States

#41 Jan 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
All true. But it doesn't excuse the kind of bad behavior that is being discussed here.
IMO along with the title "hero" comes the responsibility to conduct yourself like one, on and off the job. There was a time when honor played a huge role in a firefighter's character. Like it or not, what every single firefighter does reflects on their department. It is their duty to protect the honor and reputation of their department. And it is the duty of the trustees and administration to make sure that happens and to conduct themselves in an honorable manner as an example. If you want a professional department, you have to start making professional decisions based on what is good for the department, not what is good for your friends.
Right now, the reflection on CCFPD is not looking so good and if even half of what was revealed in Post No. 1 is true, then someone needs to start doing some heavy housecleaning. Quit making excuses for bad behavior.
Nothing makes a chief or board trustee's knees shake than to read this in the SoundOff. So many more people read the Courtant than this blog.
walking through

Bettendorf, IA

#42 Jan 11, 2012
If they are doing nothing wrong then they would not have a probleme with a forensic audit of all of their spending. That will reveal the truth from an unbiased source if they hire the right firm for the audit.
On the other hand, they need to make changes to help their tarnished image. Good luck on that.
bottom feeder

Coal City, IL

#43 Jan 11, 2012
Next time they have their boots out drop in some rubbers. At least they can be safe.
someone

Downers Grove, IL

#44 Jan 11, 2012
I understand that most people think they know everything. Did you know that we are human also. That we make mistakes. The ccfpd is a hard working bunch of individuals and I will stand up for each and everyone of them. We risk are lives to help others and this is the thanks we get. The funny part is that when you people need help, you call 911 and don't say anything to us. Why because your either scared or you realize what we do is dangerous. Take the money away and I bet more then half would stay, I know I don't do it for the money. Let me ask a question here, what's the skewers part of your day at work. The printer not working, computers down, or someone took your parking space. My worset day is when I did everything I could and someone dies. You people need to grow up and see what we do and stop doubting us. We are here to help you and your loved ones.
Wow

Downers Grove, IL

#46 Jan 11, 2012
Mr Concerned, you seem to know whats going on in the department so well. Why dont you state your full name and title that you have with the CCFPD so that your fellow Firefighters know who you are, or are you to scared? You come on here and talk trash about your own department but yet I can bet you wouldnt say anything to these peoples faces. I think its time for you to retire from the department because its apparent you dont have respect for anyone who works there. I know I would't feel safe going into a burning building with you.
walking through

Bettendorf, IA

#48 Jan 11, 2012
It's only libel if it's reckless disregard for the truth. What if what they are saying is the truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple arested and bond set at 500,000 33 min Rathernotsay 1
Braidwood police 37 min Tim 7
Andy 1 hr Sue 1
2013cf002707 2 hr The Grinch 1
News 'Sippi' Shell honored as Business Person of the... 11 hr stunned 2
Top Fuel Fish Fry 20 hr IDOKNOW 24
Green light in the sky? (Dec '08) Sun Secret Agent Man 216

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance