Parolee suspected of shooting teen to...

Parolee suspected of shooting teen to death in Coachella

There are 3 comments on the Desert Sun story from Dec 5, 2009, titled Parolee suspected of shooting teen to death in Coachella. In it, Desert Sun reports that:

A parolee who was convicted of a 2001 assault with a deadly weapon charge was identified Friday as the suspect in the fatal shooting of a teenager in Coachella.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Desert Sun.

Teacher

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#1 Dec 5, 2009
With our focus so heavily weighted on test scores we do not have time any more to build character in our schools. The day after the shooting, I actually had students laughing about this incident and believing that this was the "coolest" thing that has happened in Coachella since the last crime event. The mentality that violence is "cool" goes unheeded as we push the fact that the students must be ready to pass multiple choice questions on the California State Test this spring. We as teachers do our best in the classroom but we need the time and support from others to help guide our youth in a direction without violence. This shooting was a result of a mentality that has been allowed to breed in the community. Let's educate our children to accept differences and a world that exists outside of their beloved Coachella. This would mean that in schools there would be no tolerance for disrespect and hatred. I witness daily the bullying against authority and peers that is allowed on our school sites. Let's start by bringing real teaching back into the classrooms and stop this nonsense of doing nothing other than teaching our children how to get the best test score. My heart goes out to the families of both of these victims in this shooting.
cochela

Coachella, CA

#2 Dec 15, 2009
im sorry angel luna
you will be missed
Cochlea

Indio, CA

#3 Aug 11, 2012
So sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coachella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teens protest legislation (Mar '06) Fri anonymous 212
News Missing man, dogs found dead in vehicle (Oct '08) Sep 22 Lynette Findlay 6
News Calif. DA's Investigator, 5 Family Members Foun... (Apr '08) Sep 7 Sorry 22
News Sonoma Music Festival, with John Fogerty, Steve... Sep 5 Gaga for GAGA 2
Indian Wells Music Thread Jul '16 Logan A 2
News Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jun '16 Icurn2000 158
News Ap Photos: Highlights of the 2016 race for the ... Jun '16 TRUMP YES 3

Coachella Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coachella Mortgages