When it's time for a school distrct t...

When it's time for a school distrct trustee: Coachella sanction...

There are 2 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Apr 3, 2010, titled When it's time for a school distrct trustee: Coachella sanction.... In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Before the Alisal and Greenfield elementary school districts were placed under state trustees last month, only one other district in California received similar sanctions: the Coachella Valley Unified School District.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Steven

Salinas, CA

#1 Apr 6, 2010
Low expectations abound in many of the lower socioeconomic schools. There have been many times when frustration with the low expectations from the students have made people leave the room in tears, angry exchanges, or just plain disgust with the comments. Further, from a personal experience and conversations with teachers in one of the school districts in South County, I can tell that the tension between the school board and the superintendent is because of misleading statements and lack of leadership. For a lower achieving school district, one needs leadership and that is what is lacking in that small town to the south.
Steven

Indio, CA

#2 Aug 11, 2012
Go teachers. Keep up the great job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coachella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indian Wells Music Thread Jul 16 Logan A 2
News Taylor Swift Secretly Wrote Ex Calvin Harris' '... Jul 13 kelly 2
News Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jun '16 Icurn2000 158
News Ap Photos: Highlights of the 2016 race for the ... Jun '16 TRUMP YES 3
News Footage shows violent Calif. arrest that cost 2... May '16 WGC_47 1
News Border Patrol agent arrested in sexual battery ... (May '11) May '16 Doyle McCurley 12
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) May '16 mimic lopes 51

Coachella Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coachella Mortgages