Mass exodus of illegals from Arizona?

Jun 27, 2010 Read more: www.mydesert.com 104

Minerva Ruiz, Claudia Suriano and Silvia Arias are undocumented immigrants living in Phoenix who recently held a garage sale hoping to raise enough money to finance an out-of-state move. They are representative of many families facing what they consider a cruel dilemma. To leave, they must pull their children from school, uproot their lives and look for new jobs and homes elsewhere.

But to stay is to be under the scrutiny of the nation's most stringent immigration laws and the potentially greater threat of being caught, arrested and deported. They also perceive a growing hostility toward Hispanics, in general.

On the quarter-mile stretch of Phoenix's Belleview Street where Ruiz and Suriano live, more than half the apartments and single-family homes have “for rent” signs out front.

The friends say most of the vacancy signs went up after the new law was signed in late April.

“Everyone's afraid,” Arias says.

Read more
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: May 10

Acton, CA

#116 Jul 12, 2010
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text> Them I would get something in writting. In 1940 FDR and Congress made it illegel, of any legal resident not to have their green card or visa on their person. You risk imprisonment every second, you do not have papers. And if you have been here for 8 years, why are you not a citizen and avoid this rubbish?
The document needed is called an ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD.

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#118 Jul 12, 2010
carlos m wrote:
<quoted text>The document needed is called an ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD.
Until my friend, from Poland got his citizenship, the card was green with wavey lines and his picture. He HAD to carry it with him at all times. The card today probably looks different, but the 1940 law still requires you to carry it. FDR's law for WWII has NEVER been voided.
Old Indian

Temecula, CA

#119 Jul 16, 2010
I`m with johnnywalker,I know the place and i might just be there with him,yeh.
One world

Palm Desert, CA

#120 Aug 11, 2012
Need help in USA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coachella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Consuelo Falomir 5 hr Harvey Dent 2
Alarma: Criol Agua Purificada es Tóxico 6 hr Oscar from Mecca 1
Alarma: Criol Agua Purificada es Tóxico 6 hr Oscar from Mecca 1
ride Fri CoachellaLondon 2
News Desert Hot Springs: Shooting victim Id'd; 3 arr... (Apr '14) Apr 8 Eddie 3
How do Mecca residents get high speed Internet? Apr 1 mecca760 2
Warning Douglas Tessitor lives in your town Mar 27 bees waxed 1
More from around the web

Coachella People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE