Mass exodus of illegals from Arizona?

There are 20 comments on the www.mydesert.com story from Jun 27, 2010, titled Mass exodus of illegals from Arizona?. In it, www.mydesert.com reports that:

Minerva Ruiz, Claudia Suriano and Silvia Arias are undocumented immigrants living in Phoenix who recently held a garage sale hoping to raise enough money to finance an out-of-state move. They are representative of many families facing what they consider a cruel dilemma. To leave, they must pull their children from school, uproot their lives and look for new jobs and homes elsewhere.

But to stay is to be under the scrutiny of the nation's most stringent immigration laws and the potentially greater threat of being caught, arrested and deported. They also perceive a growing hostility toward Hispanics, in general.

On the quarter-mile stretch of Phoenix's Belleview Street where Ruiz and Suriano live, more than half the apartments and single-family homes have “for rent” signs out front.

The friends say most of the vacancy signs went up after the new law was signed in late April.

“Everyone's afraid,” Arias says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mydesert.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“The true Californian!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 27, 2010
Arizona is smart, think of all the tax money they will save.
Happysohappy

Antioch, TN

#2 Jun 27, 2010
This is just sad. They will run to another state and then what? We need federal immigration reform.
johnnywalker

Adelanto, CA

#3 Jun 27, 2010
i am so glad this law is working and it dosnt become law until the 29th.i will celibrate on the 29th at the big rock bar in pinon hills. how nice, amereicans can go back to work now. if it passes in arizona, then it well pass in the rest of these UNITED STATES. arizona will be the richest state in the country now. they wont have an illegal alien problem to deal with anymore. arizonas a great place to visit. i cant think of a better place to party and camp and swim and fish and hike and buy the neatest cloths at the grand canyon. anyways im happy only good things are comming for arizona. i think when other states see the good things happening in arizona they will not hesitate to clean there own house.
plopsdad

Michigan Center, MI

#4 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
This is just sad. They will run to another state and then what? We need federal immigration reform.
than that state will enact the law and sooner or later, they will leave

“The true Californian!”

Location hidden

#5 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
We do not need immigration reform, we need to do just like Arizona and enforce our current immigration laws. If each state does what Arizona is doing all illegals would go back to their country of origin. If they want they can come here LEGALLY! What a concept!

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#6 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
We need to enforce our laws. Then they can run back home where they belong!
b4its2late

Spring Mount, PA

#7 Jun 27, 2010
Isnt 1070 just great?

Hope they all go to California to finish the bankruptcy, then they will all be in one state for easier round up.
drug free

Winter Haven, FL

#8 Jun 27, 2010
Whatever is decided in court, illegals know they are not wanted here in the US...there is a consensus...won't be kind to them anymore...too much crime, costs, drugs, guns, gangs, ...we will make it difficult for them to want to stay here....they make it miserable for us...back at them...employors will be reported big time
Anonymous

Corinth, MS

#9 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
We don't need reform, we need our laws enforced, we need to end birthright citizenship, and we need to heavily fine illegals and their employers. Next, we need to heavily tax their remittances...the money they swindled from Americans, that should be pumped into our economy. We need to strike back for a change, and hit them in their pockets...they've bled us for long enough.
illegalsgottago

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
CIR = Shamnesty in the hands of the progress/libtards in this administration and dimocrap congress.

All we need is the following:

1. End the anchor baby loophole and make it retroactive to 1986!
2. Jail employers including HR staff personnel for 5 years without parole with $100K fines per illegal alien hired. Confiscation of all company assets for companies that are repeat offenders.
3. End all welfare benefits to illegal aliens and their anchors.
4. Remove all chance of future citizenship to any alien that illegally enters the country.
5. No school enrollment for children of illegal aliens unless they want to pay for it. English will be mandatory for any school enrollment even at their expense.

These all need to be separate stand-alone bills with NOTHING attached to them!

“The true Californian!”

Location hidden

#11 Jun 27, 2010
b4its2late wrote:
Isnt 1070 just great?
Hope they all go to California to finish the bankruptcy, then they will all be in one state for easier round up.
If you read the article it doesn't look as though they are headed to California.
We want them to go to their country of origin, period.

If they don't like their own country, they can march and protest there demanding change. All that money they pay smugglers to come here why don't they use to help their people and their country?

If they (illegal immigrants) are what makes the USA great (or so they claim), then they can use all that ability and know how in your own country.
Down and Out

New York, NY

#12 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy - The reform that is needed is the reform which detains, deports and keeps the illegals out of this nation - not the reform your are advocating.
b4its2late

Spring Mount, PA

#13 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
Please explain the reasoning behind your comment. Why would you want amnesty?

“The true Californian!”

Location hidden

#15 Jun 27, 2010
illegalsgottago wrote:
<quoted text>
CIR = Shamnesty in the hands of the progress/libtards in this administration and dimocrap congress.
All we need is the following:
1. End the anchor baby loophole and make it retroactive to 1986!
2. Jail employers including HR staff personnel for 5 years without parole with $100K fines per illegal alien hired. Confiscation of all company assets for companies that are repeat offenders.
3. End all welfare benefits to illegal aliens and their anchors.
4. Remove all chance of future citizenship to any alien that illegally enters the country.
5. No school enrollment for children of illegal aliens unless they want to pay for it. English will be mandatory for any school enrollment even at their expense.
These all need to be separate stand-alone bills with NOTHING attached to them!
If the USA all 5 of the things you posted, we would have no illegal immigration problem in the USA. Plus we would be treating illegal immigrants like Mexico treats their illegals. Calderon should agree.
Mesa Arizona

Mesa, AZ

#16 Jun 27, 2010
I still don't understand how anyone can say that illegal aliens are being descriminated against. If you break into someones country it's the same as breaking into a house that isn't yours. They knew it was wrong when they crossed over the border. They squat and have anchor babies that as new U.S. citizens get welfare benefits that allow mommy and daddy to survive on $10 an hour. Meanwhile, I am paying for my benefits and theirs. It's these type of people that used my neices' social security number for 10 years while she was a child and ruined her credit. You can not justify these people staying here. They need to go home and the anchor babies that feed off of our tax payer money need to be stopped.
Mary

Akron, OH

#17 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
I'm guessing you already knew the vast majority of Americans disagree with your stance, but if you didn't, it will be crystal clear to you after a few more pages of posts. There's a reason so many Americans disagree with you...you're WRONG.
Marji

Tempe, AZ

#18 Jun 27, 2010
I will take a stab in the dark about the level of education for the posters 1-17: none of you have graduated from college; some of you barely made it out of high school. Every post is full of misspellings and grammatical errors. If you want to spew your fear and hatred at least be intelligable in your postings. In addition, the vitriolic attacks on non-whites gives me some idea of your lack of education. The dumber you are the more fearful you are of people not like you. You feel threatened by what you really don't understand. You blame the failure of your own lives on others. I would be willing to bet none of you make a decent living and you blame your own failure on others. Classic deflection. Go back to school, become educated so you have a chance in life.

Since: May 10

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#23 Jun 27, 2010
Happysohappy wrote:
Federal immigration reform?NO:We need federal immigration ENFORCEMENT!!!!!

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#24 Jun 27, 2010
The authorities should of shown up at these garage sales and confiscated all possessions and any money collected.

The money could be sent to local communities to help recover some of the costs for services these lawbreakers have taken from the taxpaying citizens.
Morons

Anderson, SC

#26 Jun 27, 2010
Marji wrote:
I will take a stab in the dark about the level of education for the posters 1-17: none of you have graduated from college; some of you barely made it out of high school. Every post is full of misspellings and grammatical errors. If you want to spew your fear and hatred at least be intelligable in your postings. In addition, the vitriolic attacks on non-whites gives me some idea of your lack of education. The dumber you are the more fearful you are of people not like you. You feel threatened by what you really don't understand. You blame the failure of your own lives on others. I would be willing to bet none of you make a decent living and you blame your own failure on others. Classic deflection. Go back to school, become educated so you have a chance in life.
Wes just dum mericans. Cant you sees that? But the diffrence between them and us is we vote. Now be gone or face the police!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coachella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... 21 hr CaliDervish 16
Local sext exchange Sun martin12345 1
Stagecoach 2015: Nikki Lane boldly stakes her c... Apr 28 Doc Mike Holliday 1
News National: How the Drought Will Reshape Californ... Apr 23 H20 the new Oil 1
News Coachella 2015: The return of Kanye West Apr 20 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News FIND Food Bank helps feed thousands at the Cent... Apr 19 CaliDervish 1
Consuelo Falomir Apr 18 Harvey Dent 2
More from around the web

Coachella People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]