Police log

There are 5 comments on the Public Opinion story from Sep 6, 2008, titled Police log. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

The following reports were taken from information supplied by local law enforcement agencies on Saturday: - Shippensburg DUI: Bethany Marie Gardner, 21, Shippensburg, was charged with driving under the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

anon

Reston, VA

#1 Sep 6, 2008
"Someone ripped a spoiler off a vehicle...."

I don't condone vandalism but some of these spoilers are the most stupidest looking things (it was probably on a Honda or Mitsubishi too).
One less the better.
fatboy

Aspers, PA

#2 Sep 7, 2008
Let's take all the guard rails off our highways. Here we have two cases where the guard rail kept some idiot on the road, where they could have seriously hurt or even killed some innocent person coming in the other direction. Of course the innocent party would have no place to bail out if there is also a guard rail on his side. I'll take being stuck in the cornfield, or even a plunge into a river, rather than a head on collision.
I smell conspiracy

Aspers, PA

#3 Sep 7, 2008
i agree, those spoilers look stupid and most of the cars that have them also have the loud exhaust. too bad the vandal didn't take care of that problem too. I agree, probably a 1995 honda civic with custom taillights, exhaust, sitting about 2 inches off the ground.
For What Its Worth

Wilmington, DE

#4 Sep 7, 2008
You guys make me laugh. Cut someone a break!

When we were kids we had '55 & '57 Chevys..... some later had Camaros, GTOs, Mustangs & Chargers. We had 'off road exhaust'= side pipe headers that ran out under the doors & made plenty of noise! Ours had the nose raised for traction or the rear raised for 'looks'.

Kids today have their 'tooner' cars - Integras, Civics, Eclipses & Celicas. Most are from the '90's & yes, they have tinted windows, spoilers, body kits & exhaust systems. Stereo systems too.

These kids take a lot of pride in their vehicles, work on them constantly & keep them in great shape. There are several car clubs in the area that meet regularly in local parking lots where they stand around, displaying their vehicles & talking cars.

So aside from the (I agree with you) ugly spoilers, what's the dif between now & then?
Skeetser McCbg Pa

York Springs, PA

#5 Sep 7, 2008
I agree with you, For What, when we were kids, the louder, the better. I know, I'm the first to admit, I sit on my porch and growl and mumble about the loud, goofy looking cars that travel in our town, but the kids could be doing lots worse than loud cars and LOUD music. And they do keep them looking nice.
Not much dif between then and now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clymer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ted Woodhead May '16 Wondering 1
News Ex-APD officer faces drug charges (Oct '15) Oct '15 Who 1
News Son Accused of Bilking Dad Out $100k (Jun '10) Sep '15 Friend of the Family 4
Stephen Waugh arrested for rape, assault, etc. (Sep '14) Aug '15 Dude 3
yard sale! (Jun '15) Jun '15 yardsaleatmarionc... 2
News Meet the candidates for Erie County judge (May '15) May '15 Billy white shoes 3
Incompetent teachers and incompetent coaches in... (Apr '12) Mar '15 Joker85 5

Clymer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clymer Mortgages