Since: Jun 08

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

I lived in Clovis from '64-'71 from when i was nearly 6 until nearly 13. Then My wife and i pastored the Bible Missionary Church from '89-'91. I still consider Clovis my 2nd home town. It is still a good place to live. I keep up on the news but finally decided to post a comment on the forum. Happy New year, Clovis!!
DRI

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Not a good place to live, have to disagree. Spent two years there, you know what the best thing about Clovis NM is; the sight of it in my rearview mirror...
Confidence

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

There needs to be more good things about clovis posted not negative......
Whatever

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

It is a wonderful place to live. I lived there until I married my husband. We will eventually move back there after my hubby retires from the military. We have lived in other places & none compare with the friendliness of the community. Clovis will always be my home.
clovis kid

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

my family has lived in clovis for 5 generations and i have aproximatly 425 family members who have lived in clovis all their lives and every single one of them has said that they absolutly hate it here. i am 17 yrs old but ya there is lots of frendly people but nothing to do its soo boring. besides school there is nothing but drugs and sex. clovis sucks!!
FTW

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

To Clovis Kid: If I was you, I'd get a job (any job, as long as it's legal...) save every penny you get, get you a car that will last you a few years, and GO ELSEWHERE! There are better places around. You could go to Las Cruces, Alberquerque (hope I spelled it right/lol) or you could go to Dallas, there is a lot going on there and you'd probably like those places a LOT better. Hell, Abliene would be a lot better than Clovis. Just my two cents, if you wanted to live further out, you got Phoenix and Tucson. I'd avoid Cali like the plague, not enough work there and too much BS.
Whatever

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

I hate to tell you this, but Las Cruces is as much of a problem as El Paso is being that close to the border. I have lived in Albuquerque & it is no better. Go to the other thread if you wanna bash Clovis or can you not read?

“Fighting Drunk Driving Issues.”

Since: Dec 07

Wedel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Ah, Clovis - New Mexico. Never heard of it until my family and I moved here 29 years ago.
Raised our 3 children here, now raising a grand-daughter. With the exception of the occasional odor... Clovis is not bad. Whiners will say there's nothing to do in Clovis. Drugs and other stuff is all that's available to kids around here.
Hm, my kids experimented with the stuff. Hey I remember being a kid (barely) and trying pot. My wife and I always gave our kids something to do. Games and activities. None of them spent an hour in jail. They became productive adults. One is a co-owner of a High-tech repair facility, one was an over the road trucker and more, the youngest was in the Army for 6 years and is attending college toward a Criminal Justice degree. Two of our kids had full scholarships to a Military Academy. So Clovis has its positives.
Clovis is what you make of it. If you can't handle it, well your problem. Why make others miserable if you're not happy. Do something about it.
Clovis has a bunch of great people, and of course some that fit on the other end of the spectrum.
Have a great day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clovis Discussions

Search the Clovis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Clovis is a HORRIBLE place to live (Feb '09) Jul 1 Rico Chico 187
Remains of ancient child reburied in Montana Jun 29 Quiet Transplant 2
Cannon afb (Sep '06) Jun 22 Venus 383
bad hospital Jun 18 hospital is a joke 1
Big regret on moving here Jun 12 Pepperidge Farms 2
Century-old eastern NM post office closes (Jun '09) May '14 Neil 3
Train noise troubles residents (Oct '06) May '14 cyrus 408
•••
•••