Former correctional officer sentenced

Former correctional officer sentenced

There are 8 comments on the WTHI Terre Haute story from Sep 4, 2008, titled Former correctional officer sentenced. In it, WTHI Terre Haute reports that:

A former correctional officer receives his sentence for dealing drugs. On August 28th David Kiger, 26, learned he would spend the next six years behind bars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHI Terre Haute.

DERICK LEE

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 6, 2008
He sure put himself in a very bad position. The last thing a C.O. wants is to go to jail. As the saying goes "don't do the crime if you can't do the time". Personally I think he should have received more than 6 years.
Mother

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Sep 12, 2008
6 years is no way near enough. How about 60 years for at least one of her victims. I bet the families of her victims are scared to death. IM sure they are having to rehash all that Pender had done to their loves ones and are now in fear of their own lives now. She did it once and she can do it again. She has nothing to lose!! He deserves more than that, he put many, many lives in danger.

“CONSERVATIVE”

Since: Sep 08

Evansville, IN

#3 Sep 12, 2008
Mother wrote:
6 years is no way near enough. How about 60 years for at least one of her victims. I bet the families of her victims are scared to death. IM sure they are having to rehash all that Pender had done to their loves ones and are now in fear of their own lives now. She did it once and she can do it again. She has nothing to lose!! He deserves more than that, he put many, many lives in danger.
this forum isnr about Sara Pender..But,your right about the "cstch her and put her back in the gates",I really dont believe she is out there to kill anymore people,she just knew she would spend the rest of her life locked up,and now she's free,and probably wants to stay that way,so I dont see her trying anymore crimes such as murder..
Tito Ortiz

Stoy, IL

#4 Sep 12, 2008
mCcAiN-pAliN2008 wrote:
<quoted text>this forum isnr about Sara Pender..But,your right about the "cstch her and put her back in the gates",I really dont believe she is out there to kill anymore people,she just knew she would spend the rest of her life locked up,and now she's free,and probably wants to stay that way,so I dont see her trying anymore crimes such as murder..
You are off of your rocker....You have made statements in the MCCAIN OBAMA discussion that were off the wall but on point at the same time. But, to say that a MURDERER running lose isn't going to commit another murder or terrible crime is just stupid. She obviously has mental problems and is pure evil to committ a murder in the first place so why wouldn't she do it again?! It makes me think you know her or someone that knows her...?
Board Operators FAN

Stoy, IL

#5 Sep 12, 2008
Tito Ortiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are off of your rocker....You have made statements in the MCCAIN OBAMA discussion that were off the wall but on point at the same time. But, to say that a MURDERER running lose isn't going to commit another murder or terrible crime is just stupid. She obviously has mental problems and is pure evil to committ a murder in the first place so why wouldn't she do it again?! It makes me think you know her or someone that knows her...?
Whats your come back???? Come on lets hear it?!?!

“CONSERVATIVE”

Since: Sep 08

Evansville, IN

#6 Sep 12, 2008
Tito Ortiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are off of your rocker....You have made statements in the MCCAIN OBAMA discussion that were off the wall but on point at the same time. But, to say that a MURDERER running lose isn't going to commit another murder or terrible crime is just stupid. She obviously has mental problems and is pure evil to committ a murder in the first place so why wouldn't she do it again?! It makes me think you know her or someone that knows her...?
was trying to put my self in her shoes for a second,if I was in prison and escaped i sure would hang my head low and try not to draw attention to myself,I wasnt taking up for her in anyway..she should be behind bars,and soon.Dont take my comment wrong,Im not saying shes a saint.

“CONSERVATIVE”

Since: Sep 08

Evansville, IN

#7 Sep 12, 2008
I would feel really bad for giving her the benefit of doubt,as to how she is spending her days free,I could only hope/pray she would be smarter this time.Fact is there have been people escape from prisons and they don't find them for 20 plus years or so,and they find they have been living a "some what"normal life with more children,jobs,ect..and haven't committed anymore crimes,and...there are the bad cases which are unfortunate..I guess we will just have to see how things turn out..Everyday a convicted murder is let out of prison,all we can do is hope that they have gained some morals/respect to America and themselves to live as an law abiding person.I for one can more times than none look past what someone has done in there past to believe they could be a better person,(with the exceptions of child abuse and child molestation).
Tito Ortiz

Stoy, IL

#8 Sep 13, 2008
mCcAiN-pAliN2008 wrote:
I would feel really bad for giving her the benefit of doubt,as to how she is spending her days free,I could only hope/pray she would be smarter this time.Fact is there have been people escape from prisons and they don't find them for 20 plus years or so,and they find they have been living a "some what"normal life with more children,jobs,ect..and haven't committed anymore crimes,and...there are the bad cases which are unfortunate..I guess we will just have to see how things turn out..Everyday a convicted murder is let out of prison,all we can do is hope that they have gained some morals/respect to America and themselves to live as an law abiding person.I for one can more times than none look past what someone has done in there past to believe they could be a better person,(with the exceptions of child abuse and child molestation).
Yes I agree.....hopefully at least some of them turn their life's around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake water level May '17 Sherrie 1
News Arrest made in robbery of Cloverdale Casey's May '17 Idiots 3
Is their an Asian massage parlor in cloverdale (Aug '16) Aug '16 Ronnie 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cloverdale, IN (Dec '11) Dec '15 christian 6
William Joseph Musgrave (Jun '15) Jun '15 An Old Friend 1
Review: Purple Cow (Aug '14) Mar '15 Judi 2
ISO Nicole Ancona (Aug '14) Nov '14 opt 2

Cloverdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cloverdale Mortgages