Ice causing several issues on roadways

Ice causing several issues on roadways

There are 21 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Ice causing several issues on roadways. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

There are several accidents being reported across Central Indiana due to icy conditions on the roadways.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bystander

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 23, 2008
If you don't have to be out on the road, stay home and chill.
Chris

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Dec 23, 2008
WOW!!! All of this global warming is getting out hand. We had better give up the rest of our liberies to save the planet. Global warming is a lie! It's all part of the goevrnment/big corporation scheme to push the green movement. The green movement stands to make billions and billions of dallors so they use fear like global warming to push it through.
Ginger Hull

AOL

#3 Dec 23, 2008
THEY SHOULD PROVIDE A SPECIAL SALTS ALL OVER THE ROADS SO INDIANA PEOPLES WONT GET HURTING,, TO SAVE FROM THEM NOT GET HURT IF THEY DONT DO WITH SPECIAL SALTS MORE SAFETY FOR PPLS GO WORKS,, AND BE WITH FAMILY FOR CHRISTMAS LIKE THAT,,,
Bob

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4 Dec 23, 2008
eh?
AMC2167

Loveland, CO

#5 Dec 23, 2008
makes me wish I called off.Hopefully it will be warmer when I leave @ 10pm at least above freezing.
oldbear

United States

#6 Dec 23, 2008
boy that ginger,just bout said it all,,,lol,,
penny henry

Greencastle, IN

#7 Dec 23, 2008
Please tell more about I 70 West bound towards Cloverdale exit. My husband has been sitting there for 4 hours. Please
Brian

United States

#8 Dec 23, 2008
People here in Indiana drive like idiots. They do not even take the time to clean there windshields off so they can see. It has to do with the Indy 500 or something!
Lisa

Cloverdale, IN

#9 Dec 23, 2008
penny henry wrote:
Please tell more about I 70 West bound towards Cloverdale exit. My husband has been sitting there for 4 hours. Please
My husband is there too.
Dean

Altoona, PA

#10 Dec 23, 2008
My Son was also stuck in that traffic jam. He went to US-40 and it is shut down as well
amy j

Fenton, MO

#11 Dec 23, 2008
penny henry wrote:
My family has been sitting there for over 6 hours! Apparently a semi got in an accident. But no one is getting through. I can't find any information!
Jason R

Loogootee, IN

#12 Dec 23, 2008
I left Vincennes, IN to try and make it to my folks house at 2pm and after getting as far as Brazil on I-70 I eventually had to turn around. According to a trucker that I talked to a tanker semi overturned on 70, which is what closed traffic there. I couldn't get to 67 because of other accidents on various highways and US 40 was backed up from Indy to Brazil also. One relative I have works in Indy and lives near Anderson. She left Indy at 2 and just got home around 8. Best bet if you absolutely don't have to be somewhere tonight, wait until tomorrow.
Word

United States

#13 Dec 23, 2008
Chris wrote:
WOW!!! All of this global warming is getting out hand. We had better give up the rest of our liberies to save the planet. Global warming is a lie! It's all part of the goevrnment/big corporation scheme to push the green movement. The green movement stands to make billions and billions of dallors so they use fear like global warming to push it through.
Just because you don't understand Global Warming doesn't mean you have to be stupid about it. You probably don't realize the earth could experience Global Warming AND go into an ice age at the same time.

Learn a little before you spew your stupidity for everyone to laugh at.
sheri Holmes

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Dec 23, 2008
Where are the snow plows. I just got home, driving partially on I-65, then continued north on Lafayette road until I got to 96th street. I did not see a single snow plow despite the fact that ice and snow have been going on for hours.

Does Mayor Ballard understand he has an obligation to protect his citizens?
Erin

Muncie, IN

#15 Dec 23, 2008
I tried to leave Bloomington going north on 37 towards Chicago. I was only able to travel 3.5 miles in 2 hours and eventually came back home. Please stay home if you can!
Chris

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Dec 23, 2008
Word wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you don't understand Global Warming doesn't mean you have to be stupid about it. You probably don't realize the earth could experience Global Warming AND go into an ice age at the same time.
Learn a little before you spew your stupidity for everyone to laugh at.
Be a sheep! You are ignorant to this matter. I've done my research by scientist that don't have a stake in our government nor in the big business corporations that push global warming on us. The earth goes through cycles. So, i'm pretty sure that it's you that don't understand global warming. Do the research idiot before you spew your ignorance.
Mary

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Dec 23, 2008
What is going on with I-69? My family has been sitting in the south-bound lanes for 8 hours now... I can't find any information on what is the holdup.
Word

United States

#18 Dec 23, 2008
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a sheep! You are ignorant to this matter. I've done my research by scientist that don't have a stake in our government nor in the big business corporations that push global warming on us. The earth goes through cycles. So, i'm pretty sure that it's you that don't understand global warming. Do the research idiot before you spew your ignorance.
Seriously dude, I hope you don't try to talk about this very often with other people- because you are laughably ignorant. It doesn't take a sherlock holmes to know the earth goes through "cycles", but WTF does that have to do with an atmospheric phenomena?
Bob

Saint Petersburg, FL

#19 Dec 23, 2008
These message boards are so productive.
Dean

Altoona, PA

#20 Dec 23, 2008
Dean wrote:
My Son was also stuck in that traffic jam. He went to US-40 and it is shut down as well
My son finally made it to Terre Haute. He went down to SR-67, took it to Spencer, then SR-46 to Terre Haute. That route is pretty passable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie Rusher aka Stephanie Williams (Aug '15) 2 hr Helpful 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cloverdale, IN (Dec '11) Dec '15 christian 6
William Joseph Musgrave (Jun '15) Jun '15 An Old Friend 1
Review: Purple Cow (Aug '14) Mar '15 Judi 2
ISO Nicole Ancona (Aug '14) Nov '14 opt 2
Who knows Kimmy Shrader, McCoy? (Feb '13) May '13 mee 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jun '12 usual 22

Cloverdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cloverdale Mortgages