Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2012
Sharyn Polsky

Bensalem, PA

#1 Sep 18, 2012
I visited Halifax on a Princess cruise on September 10, 2012. It was a very rainy day. I had been to Halifax about ten years ago on another cruise ship so I had an idea about what I wanted to see. I felt perfectly comfortable taking public transportation. I got the Metro Transit bus #8 outside of Pier 21. I was fortunate to get Linda Crookshank as the bus driver. She told us that she had worked for a tour bus company that had gone out of business. She certainly gave us a wealth of information along the route to the #1 bus. There were not many people on the bus so I moved my seat closer to hear what she had to say. For $1.50 she gave us the $25.00 tour! When we had to change buses to get to the Public Gardens she stopped the bus and made sure we got the right connecting bus. She told the bus driver where we were headed and told him to call out the stop for us. We arrived at the Public Gardens and were enjoying the beautiful floral displays when suddenly I realized I did not have my handbag. The bag contained credit cards, cash, a driver's license, a card to get back on the ship, as well as my medical card. I was overtaken by panic. We went into the small coffee shop in the gardens where a nice young lady called MetroTransit lost and found for me when I explained my plight. Unfortunately, no one had turned in my handbag. I was frantic. I decided my best course of action was to return to the spot where I boarded the #8 bus. I was hoping to see Linda and ask her if she found my handbag. I wasn't exactly sure how to get back so I stopped the first bus that came by, the route # 81 bus driven by Jean Ivany. I told her what happened. She told us to get on the bus and she would help us as soon as she could stop the bus. She listened carefully about the details of our journey. She called the dispatcher and relayed the information.She was able to determine from our description that Linda Crookshank was the driver on the route #8 bus. While we were waiting for a call back, Jean told us that when she was unable to drive the bus because of a disability, she worked for a period of time in the lost and found. She told us that most of the time items were turned in and returned to their rightful owner. Even though she tried to be encouraging, I did not have much hope that I would ever be reunited with my handbag. I come from a big city and live in a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where it would be very unlikely that you would ever get a lost item of value returned to you. By sheer luck she got in touch with Linda Crookshank and Linda had my handbag! She kept it with her because she felt that we would eventually "track her down". I was so overjoyed and filled with emotion, that I said to Jean "Can I kiss you?" I wanted to give her a reward but she refused to take it. She waited with us until Linda could get back to our location with her bus. Linda walked some distance in the pouring rain to return the handbag to me. I wanted to kiss her too! Even though it was a gloomy day in Halifax , these two women warmed my heart and brightened my day! They should be commended for their commitment to exemplary customer service. They went above and beyond to aid a passenger in distress. I will always remember them fondly when I think of my trip to Halifax.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Title Pawn/Loan Mistake? (Dec '13) May '14 Curious 3
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
does Apr '14 numnutz 1
Where is the best place to apply for a car loan? (Dec '13) Mar '14 mikethom 3
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (Jul '12) Aug '12 Babespa 2
•••
•••
•••

Clover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••