Cloudcroft will need our help after fire

The Monday morning fire that devastated downtown Cloudcroft couldn't have arrived at a worse time. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dun Runnin

Artesia, NM

#65 Dec 18, 2010
Volunteer Fire Fighters leave work and/or their families day or night to care for yours. In times of trouble, they have to leave their wife and kids to help others. And they do it for FREE, no pay, no benefits, no retirement.

Since: Jul 08

Alamogordo, NM

#66 Dec 18, 2010
Dun Runnin wrote:
Volunteer Fire Fighters leave work and/or their families day or night to care for yours. In times of trouble, they have to leave their wife and kids to help others. And they do it for FREE, no pay, no benefits, no retirement.
You forgot to mention that Volunteer Fire Fighters also leave work because they car about their community.

Since: Jul 08

Alamogordo, NM

#67 Dec 18, 2010
To correct a typo:

You forgot to mention that Volunteer Fire Fighters also leave work because they care about their community.
HUH

Albuquerque, NM

#70 Dec 20, 2010
I think this is a bunch of BS! why is everyone arguing over a fire if you want to help then go help if not then dont its really simple!, I was reading these blogs hoping to find something interesting, but I did not....sorry the stores burned but jeese people find something better to argue about...if you are wasting your time to reply to someone who has upset you then you are stooping to thier level and you are just as bad as they are....
Nerdlinger Poindexter

Cleveland, TN

#71 Dec 21, 2010
ha-ha wrote:
I own a towing company and my trucks transmission burnt up. Since it is so close to Christmas and I have 2 employees who depend on me, Who will start a fund for me? Did the store owners and employees in Cloudcroft give to charity when they were raking in the money?
you are right on 100%
Nerdlinger Poindexter

Cleveland, TN

#72 Dec 21, 2010
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
Failure of the responsible party not to maintain the property with respect to hazzards is still negligence. The failure to maintain modern fire protection is the reason any of the causes you cite can actually take out an entire structure.
Sorry if you don't like it, but the bailing wire engineers caused this. Let us allow the responsible party to enjoy his property rights in peace.
You are 100% right!!!
When it comes out that one of the business owners who's shop burned down is at fault..LET THAT JERK PAY!!!!
Piece of crap buildings should have been torched years ago. and I am a life long native of Alamogordo/High Rolls/Cloudcroft!!!50 years. Over priced tourist junk, fake Indian crap made in china, with that crap PAN FLUTE music piped in those shops, make me want to barf!!!
_Always_Armed_

Albuquerque, NM

#73 Dec 22, 2010
new mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Burn Baby Burn I used to live up there, we dont even know what color anyone is on this anyway where do you come off calling someone racist when that person clearly said nothing racist at all, it just shows how some ignorant person can stoop to someone elses level and look entirely more ignorant with thier simple minded words....
Did I say Racist,You illiterate sub-human? I was commenting on the simple minded comment burn baby burn wrote. I ve traveled all over the world and learned jerks come in every color and so do my best friends. The fact he or she feels so strongly about the demographics up in cloudcroft is simple minded and is the thought process that is best suited for a group of high caliber such as the KU KLUX KLAN. not saying hes racists, but simple minded like memners of that elite club.. oh I guess you too! Happy Hunting!
vet opposes martinez

Alamogordo, NM

#74 Dec 24, 2010
after years of ignoring the local populace and catering to texans cloudcroft all of a sudden needs us? tough go get help from the texans!!!
Brown Sucks

Katy, TX

#75 Dec 28, 2010
Burn Baby Burn...come mow my yard you worthless f.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#76 Dec 29, 2010
vet opposes martinez wrote:
after years of ignoring the local populace and catering to texans cloudcroft all of a sudden needs us? tough go get help from the texans!!!
Typical liberal sentiment! You sound so bitter for a vet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloudcroft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gangs will never die. Only people. (Mar '09) Sat Carlsbad Resident 51
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Nov 18 wankamileforakitkat 8,576
Border Bar Nov 1 just 1
No Water!!! Oct 24 Barbara Shepherd 1
Do you approve of David Venable as Mayor? Oct '14 thad sitton 1
NMDOT restriping Highway 82 (Apr '14) Apr '14 High Rolls is a fool 2
Boy hurt at Upper Karr Canyon (Jan '14) Jan '14 Anonymous 1
Cloudcroft Dating
Find my Match

Cloudcroft People Search