Rentschler, Herrell clash in emails on gross receipts tax

Aug 6, 2012 Full story: Alamogordo Daily News 13

After the Alamogordo Daily News received an email written by City Commissioner Robert Rentschler, they invited me to write a guest column to address the accusations and derogatory comments contained within such email.

Full Story
Voldemort

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Aug 7, 2012
Robert Rentschler's backside is probably blistering hot after Tommie Herrell took the boy over his knee and administered a first-class public spanking. While Herrell offers responsible facts that address the need for the tax, Rentschler once again sounded like the shrill, out-of-control, immature glory hound that he is. I plan to listen to the information that will be provided during tonight's county commission meeting before making up my mind (should the question go to the ballot). Rentschler has once again made a clumsy and embarrassing attempt to influence the question--he has done this on several other occasions in the past--and once again people like me are kicking themselves for reelecting this joker last March. It's been said before by other, but I'll repeat it here: Grow up Rentschler, you're making a fool of yourself! You're making a first-class ass of yourself, and you'll probably do it again; this is the only thing that my city commissioner does well.
Well

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Aug 7, 2012
You might want to take a long hard look at the "facts". Herrell and company have pissed away nearly ten million dollars in just under four years. This tax is NOT needed!
Three new commissioners and some responsible spending is the only thing that is going to solve this problem.
Really

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Aug 7, 2012
I'm voting for the tax because we need funding for quality of life ventures. You don't get anything for free.
Really

Alamogordo, NM

#4 Aug 7, 2012
Voldemort wrote:
Robert Rentschler's backside is probably blistering hot after Tommie Herrell took the boy over his knee and administered a first-class public spanking. While Herrell offers responsible facts that address the need for the tax, Rentschler once again sounded like the shrill, out-of-control, immature glory hound that he is. I plan to listen to the information that will be provided during tonight's county commission meeting before making up my mind (should the question go to the ballot). Rentschler has once again made a clumsy and embarrassing attempt to influence the question--he has done this on several other occasions in the past--and once again people like me are kicking themselves for reelecting this joker last March. It's been said before by other, but I'll repeat it here: Grow up Rentschler, you're making a fool of yourself! You're making a first-class ass of yourself, and you'll probably do it again; this is the only thing that my city commissioner does well.
I agree 100%
hmmm

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 7, 2012
Tommy Herrell is a spend then lets tax Democrat in Republican clothing. Vote the tax down!!!!
What is the big deal

Alamogordo, NM

#6 Aug 7, 2012
This is not for anything sold in Alamogordo...and we are talking 1 cent on every four dollars. Bob needs to calm down and get all of the facts before attacking others.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Aug 9, 2012
It appears that a number of our county's citizens do not want to participate in the well being of our county. What joyless lives these people must live. We have one of the best County Commission's we have experienced in many years. They are asking for our vote for upkeep and upgrading of some of our main attractions; attractions that will attract revenue and business from out of state tourists (think Texans) who pass through the county and leave some of their money with us. Think of it as an investment in your community.
hmmm

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Aug 10, 2012
Gorky if they are so good how come their budget is in such a mess?
hallelujah

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 10, 2012
What is the big deal wrote:
This is not for anything sold in Alamogordo...and we are talking 1 cent on every four dollars. Bob needs to calm down and get all of the facts before attacking others.
one cent on every four dollars? GREAT! That means this dumb tax will generate nothing since there are very few businesses in the county to tax. Way to go geniuses!
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Aug 10, 2012
hmmm wrote:
Gorky if they are so good how come their budget is in such a mess?
I don't know that the county budget is in a mess!
Troll patrol

Alamogordo, NM

#11 Aug 10, 2012
hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
one cent on every four dollars? GREAT! That means this dumb tax will generate nothing since there are very few businesses in the county to tax. Way to go geniuses!
Change names again genius. You just love playing the part of an ignoramus.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Vote no on all new taxes!

Since: Sep 08

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Aug 20, 2012
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that the county budget is in a mess!
You did not know that the budget is busted, yet you want to make comments on it, Do you do that for all the Threads you make comments on..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloudcroft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gangs will never die. Only people. (Mar '09) 14 hr Carlsbad Resident 51
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Nov 18 wankamileforakitkat 8,576
Border Bar Nov 1 just 1
No Water!!! Oct 24 Barbara Shepherd 1
Do you approve of David Venable as Mayor? Oct 23 thad sitton 1
NMDOT restriping Highway 82 (Apr '14) Apr '14 High Rolls is a fool 2
Boy hurt at Upper Karr Canyon (Jan '14) Jan '14 Anonymous 1
Cloudcroft Dating
Find my Match

Cloudcroft People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cloudcroft News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cloudcroft

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:35 pm PST

ESPN 1:35PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?
NBC Sports10:16 AM
DeMarcus Ware added to injury report, listed as probable
NBC Sports12:47 PM
Eric Decker admits it's tough to see Emmanuel Sanders's success