4-day school weeks?

4-day school weeks?

There are 78 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from May 8, 2011, titled 4-day school weeks?. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

CLOUDCROFT As Cloudcroft's School Board considers multiple cost cutting ideas to make up for a $407,000 budget shortfall, one item that will be voted on at Monday night's School Board meeting is shifting to a four day school week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lucille

Alamogordo, NM

#63 May 18, 2011
Nope wrote:
Most baby sitters get $3.00 an hour per kid these days
SO the teachers would problbly LOVE to get paid like a babysitter
$3.00 hr x 30students =$90.00hr,
$90.00 x 40 hrs weekly =$3600.00
$3600.00 x 40weeks =$144,000.00
And the school system has been designed and adapeted around the working parent. As well as the childs ability to work. thats why we have such long summer breaks. Do we need this now... not really. I do agree in year round schooling. But the Naive belief that the school system is not a in a form of babysitting is kind of silly.
<quoted text>
Most babysitters I know charge way more than $3 per hour.
Nope

Ivins, UT

#64 May 18, 2011
I know right... I have two so I usualy pay 6.00 an hour. I'm thinking of opening up a tutoring & athletic program for the Mondays their off. If I could get 6 an hour per kid I'd be extatic. I have a couple of teacher friends who want to do the tutoring. I just haave to find a space.
Lucille wrote:
<quoted text>
Most babysitters I know charge way more than $3 per hour.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#65 May 18, 2011
Nope wrote:
I know right... I have two so I usualy pay 6.00 an hour. I'm thinking of opening up a tutoring & athletic program for the Mondays their off. If I could get 6 an hour per kid I'd be extatic. I have a couple of teacher friends who want to do the tutoring. I just haave to find a space.
<quoted text>
So, you will have teachers to do the actual tutoring. Good to know because your spelling is atrocious.
go back to alamo

Ivins, UT

#66 May 18, 2011
Hey alamo go screw up your own schools
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you will have teachers to do the actual tutoring. Good to know because your spelling is atrocious.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#67 May 18, 2011
go back to alamo wrote:
Hey alamo go screw up your own schools
<quoted text>
Hey sockpuppet
The letters for the day are F & U
go back to alamo

Ivins, UT

#68 May 19, 2011
Lets see whatís great about Alamo Schools
1.. You can buy drugs right across the street because the cops are tooo lazy to cross the street.
2.. You can be a total S l u t. because if you get prego you can bring your kid to School.
3.. Dont worry about your grades you will still graduate.
4.. have a problem with someone you can fight them at Washington park... and put it on youtube!!!!
5.. The girls can get sexual abused your choice of extra curricular advisor!!!
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sockpuppet
The letters for the day are F & U

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#69 May 19, 2011
go back to alamo wrote:
1.. You can buy drugs right across the street because the cops are tooo lazy to cross the street.
2.. You can be a total S l u t. because if you get prego you can bring your kid to School.
4.. have a problem with someone you can fight them at Washington park... and put it on youtube!!!!
<quoted text>
If those are your worries then sounds like you should be attending parenting classes.

Since: Jan 09

Alamogordo

#70 May 19, 2011
In Cloudcroft you can buy any kind of pill you want from any kid at school. You know why? Because their parents are taking all kinds of pills. Easy to steal from your parents to sell pills at the school.
Screw Alamo

Ivins, UT

#71 May 19, 2011
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
If those are your worries then sounds like you should be attending parenting classes.
Barb is in her own world again!
Stan Black

Alamogordo, NM

#72 May 19, 2011
Great, just great....now these sad a#$ schools will teach the kids even less. Not like we're churning out rocket scientists here, maybe the occaisional Meth cooker, but come on.....most rednecks can figure that out. The kids need quality instruction, not days watching the Pupfish. there are too dam many "in service" and continuous improvement days as it is. What are the continuous improvement days for anyway? Since they started the education for our kids sure hasn't improved! Lets do this, the school administrators will be paid according to the success they produce, kid goes to college,$100, kid get pregnant,-$100, see how that would work? If you can get the sad sack administrators at the high school out of their offices and into the classrooms, maybe something will improve. The schools here are friggin terrible.
God

Ivins, UT

#73 May 19, 2011
Do not forget a good wiping will do wonders!

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#74 May 19, 2011
Screw Alamo wrote:
<quoted text>
Barb is in her own world again!
Why do you say that? My son attends AHS and has never done any of the offenses. In fact, he's too busy to get into trouble.
Sounds like you are making excuses for your kid being a juvenile delinquent.
You must be so proud.
Question

Ivins, UT

#75 May 19, 2011
Why are alamo people sticking their noses in to something that doesnt concern them and spewing their hate as they usualy do.
Statemented Question

Ivins, UT

#76 May 19, 2011
Question wrote:
Why are alamo people sticking their noses in to something that doesnt concern them and spewing their hate as they usualy do.
Why are you here sticking your nose into this thread?
las cruces

La Luz, NM

#77 May 25, 2011
go back to alamo wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont now where you get your information but there is no daycare at the school so how do the teenage mom's apparently bring thier kids to school?
WoW

Ivins, UT

#78 Jun 5, 2011
WoW if that the ONLY area hes wrong Alamo schools are doing REALY great. That Was Scarasm!!!

Cloudcroft school district is 15th out of 121 districts, and alamo is 34th.

and Yes i dont doubt that cloudcroft kids can get drugs also ... straight from alamo!

las cruces wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont now where you get your information but there is no daycare at the school so how do the teenage mom's apparently bring thier kids to school?
WoW

Ivins, UT

#79 Jun 5, 2011
No more likely there getting them from alamo!
_Ice_Queen_ wrote:
In Cloudcroft you can buy any kind of pill you want from any kid at school. You know why? Because their parents are taking all kinds of pills. Easy to steal from your parents to sell pills at the school.
Question to cc residents

Ivins, UT

#80 Jun 5, 2011
Iím moving there this summer. I hear wonderful things about your teachers and I actually like the four day week. I even like that the local churches are setting up activities for the kids on the off Monday. And the Guy Who is setting up a Not for profit tutoring service is going way up and beyond. It seems like everyone there works for the good of the community.

With that in mind..I have One question.. of all Iíve read and seen in the papers Iím wondering when you all are going to get rid of that superintendent, that seems to be working for himself and not the people of Cloudcroft?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloudcroft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 1 hr Tinman 10,484
Adult video (Sep '10) Jan 12 Someone 30
More Artesia Gang Members (Aug '08) Jan 3 Roland guerrero 61
News FBI won't charge man in Mescalero shooting (May '09) Dec '17 Aspen 15
News Carlsbad animal shelter euthanizes half of its ... (Jan '14) Nov '17 Hmmmm 44
Eddy County will raise sales tax rate (grt) Oct '17 nate22 2
Have fun Sep '17 Shane 2

Cloudcroft Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cloudcroft Mortgages