School elections Tuesday in Otero County

School elections Tuesday in Otero County

There are 27 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Feb 4, 2013, titled School elections Tuesday in Otero County. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

School board elections in Alamogordo, Tularosa and Cloudcroft will be held Tuesday, and Alamogordo and Cloudcroft voters also have a school tax question to consider.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
You are welcome

Alamogordo, NM

#21 Feb 6, 2013
Well wrote:
What happened to all the half wits and their families and friends that were going to vote no?
I'll tell you what happened!
The good people in the area did their research, talked to other people, found out that this district has used prior tax dollars in a prudent manner and voted accordingly. Thank you to those people.
You get what you deserve. Now let's see an improved product like they have been promising for decades..

Since: Oct 08

#22 Feb 6, 2013
You are welcome wrote:
<quoted text>You get what you deserve. Now let's see an improved product like they have been promising for decades..
Don't hold your breath..just empty your pockets so they can dump more money down the dark hole called education..
Randy

Alamogordo, NM

#23 Feb 7, 2013
Skuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hold your breath..just empty your pockets so they can dump more money down the dark hole called education..
First, you will have to take a long hard and critical look at the right wing school vouchers and your privitization of the school system.

When you realize that those programs are the root of the problems of our education system. As much as corporations would like to have the public's money to run education and split the profits among themselves, it would be devistating to education. We are already 17th in the world for quality of education. I think that by now you would recognize the fallacy and the failure of your present course.
Where

Alamogordo, NM

#24 Feb 8, 2013
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you will have to take a long hard and critical look at the right wing school vouchers and your privitization of the school system.
When you realize that those programs are the root of the problems of our education system. As much as corporations would like to have the public's money to run education and split the profits among themselves, it would be devistating to education. We are already 17th in the world for quality of education. I think that by now you would recognize the fallacy and the failure of your present course.
Where are these school vouchers and how do I get one? 17 out of how many? Can you answer the simple questions or were you educated here in Alamogordo..?
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Feb 9, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>Where are these school vouchers and how do I get one? 17 out of how many? Can you answer the simple questions or were you educated here in Alamogordo..?
School vouchers are still in the minds of the Republicans who want to privatize public education. The Koch bros want to own the education market. In the United States stagnation if not decline has been apparent at least since the 1970s. Even our high school graduation rates are lower today than they were a decade ago.

We are 17th out of all the countries in the world. The United States has fallen to "average" in international education rankings released by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. The United States has fallen to "average" in international education rankings released by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. We were number one

As a matter of fact, I graduated from High-school here in Alamogordo in 1958, and through the four years I was well prepared for college and life in general with excellent facilities and dedicated teachers. I am an Alamogordo Tiger.

I hope this met your standards and expectations and that my reply was not too difficult for you to understand.
Where

Alamogordo, NM

#26 Feb 9, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
School vouchers are still in the minds of the Republicans who want to privatize public education. The Koch bros want to own the education market. In the United States stagnation if not decline has been apparent at least since the 1970s. Even our high school graduation rates are lower today than they were a decade ago.
We are 17th out of all the countries in the world. The United States has fallen to "average" in international education rankings released by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. The United States has fallen to "average" in international education rankings released by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. We were number one
As a matter of fact, I graduated from High-school here in Alamogordo in 1958, and through the four years I was well prepared for college and life in general with excellent facilities and dedicated teachers. I am an Alamogordo Tiger.
I hope this met your standards and expectations and that my reply was not too difficult for you to understand.
So you are Randy? No doubt you graduated from Alamogordo High School. It is obvious by your lack of common sense and basic knowledge of every day events..
Harry

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Feb 22, 2013
hmmm, just saw that the school district pushed back the opening of the new school for a year. Where did the money go that they were supposed to use on it? And please don't just quote from the article for me - I really want to know, not just what they said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloudcroft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guilty plea in Mescalero slaying (Apr '09) Aug 23 jim logan 51
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Aug 20 whosurdaddy 8,823
More Artesia Gang Members (Aug '08) Aug 6 Titan 56
New eye doctor in Lovington??? (Nov '15) Jul 27 Wounded 2
News Arviso sentenced for murder - Ruidoso News (Apr '10) Jul '16 MezApache 26
Adult video (Sep '10) Jul '16 Ship 16
Censor Jun '16 America 3

Cloudcroft Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance