School elections Tuesday in Otero County

Feb 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Alamogordo Daily News

School board elections in Alamogordo, Tularosa and Cloudcroft will be held Tuesday, and Alamogordo and Cloudcroft voters also have a school tax question to consider.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
VOTE NO

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Vote NO and see your property TAX LOWERED!
VOTED YES

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

along with 30 of my closest friends.
Taxes

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I will vote no! I want to know why it is the property owners that are expected to pay for schools? If they need or want more money then everyone in the community needs to pay.

If you do not own property and therefore do not pay the taxes, then you should not have a right to vote for someone else to pay it.

I say we put it to a vote to increase sales taxes so that everyone has a stake in it. If you are not willing to pay an increased sales tax to pay for schools then you are a hypocrite.
Well

Cloudcroft, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Taxes wrote:
I will vote no! I want to know why it is the property owners that are expected to pay for schools? If they need or want more money then everyone in the community needs to pay.
If you do not own property and therefore do not pay the taxes, then you should not have a right to vote for someone else to pay it.
I say we put it to a vote to increase sales taxes so that everyone has a stake in it. If you are not willing to pay an increased sales tax to pay for schools then you are a hypocrite.
I will be voting yes. However I agree with. But, schools are not allowed, by state law, to put a sales tax on the ballot to support schools. Not sure why as a lot of states do this with great success. I would guess it has to do with the state wanting to control the purse strings as opposed to the districts being allowed to help fund them selves.
Taxes

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

If it is prohibited by state law, then the law needs to be changed. I personally would be willing to pay a higher sales tax if a portion of it went to support our schools. I'm just not willing to force a small group to pay for something that everyone has a stake it.
Voed NO

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I voted NO 3 times so far today.
whatever

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Taxes wrote:
Everyone pays property taxes whether or not one owns a house. For those who rent, property tax is figured into their rent payment by the landlord as a cost of business.
whatever

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Forgot to mention, I also voted no!
NO NO NO

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Vote NO and give your family a raise..

Since: Oct 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I took a bus load of illegals and they all voted no...just like the democraps
NOPE

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I also voted no. Along with fifty of my closest frieds. 100 of my not so close friends also voted no.
No-Yes

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Well as usual enough stupid people voted yes so it passed. These people probably thought they were getting something for free.
Smart ones voted yes

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

No-Yes wrote:
Well as usual enough stupid people voted yes so it passed. These people probably thought they were getting something for free.
Some of us believe in investing in our future, part of that being the schools from which they are educated in.
The stupid people voted against it.
Yes of course

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Smart ones voted yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us believe in investing in our future, part of that being the schools from which they are educated in.
The stupid people voted against it.
Yes you can invest in your future all you want. You idiots have been saying that for decades and you keep sinking money into a broken school system and what has it gotten you. The same old dumb kids just like you were when you went to school. You could spend a million dollars per each student every year and it won't change a thing. The system is broke and you people are too stupid to fix it..
Voted yes

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Yes of course wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you can invest in your future all you want. You idiots have been saying that for decades and you keep sinking money into a broken school system and what has it gotten you. The same old dumb kids just like you were when you went to school. You could spend a million dollars per each student every year and it won't change a thing. The system is broke and you people are too stupid to fix it..
Our investment has been paying off. Guess you dont keep up with the news.
http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_22478050/ala...
Hows the kids

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Voted yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does NM rank nationally in education. Guess you are a product of a failed NM education system..

Since: Oct 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Voted yes wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW number 4...as much money that is pissed away why aren't they number one
Voted yes

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Hows the kids wrote:
<quoted text>Where does NM rank nationally in education. Guess you are a product of a failed NM education system..
We are above Nevade. 4th is an improvement. Give it some time.
Tired of waiting

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Voted yes wrote:
<quoted text>
We are above Nevade. 4th is an improvement. Give it some time.
You wait. I have waited decades for you dummies to get smarter. Just throw more money at it. It is always the liberal answer.

http://www.lamonitor.com/content/new-mexico-s...
Well

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

What happened to all the half wits and their families and friends that were going to vote no?
I'll tell you what happened!
The good people in the area did their research, talked to other people, found out that this district has used prior tax dollars in a prudent manner and voted accordingly. Thank you to those people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cloudcroft Discussions

Search the Cloudcroft Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
weedforsale (Jul '13) Sat dave 3
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Apr 18 Sunshine Weaver 8,367
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Apr 17 Joe 221
NMDOT restriping Highway 82 Apr 17 High Rolls is a fool 2
Sunny Aris (Sep '11) Apr 11 Just Me 118
Carlsbad animal shelter euthanizes half of its ... Apr 9 Mess can 35
More than 300 employees of a WSMR contractor go... Apr 6 Luv them Baggers 9
•••

Fire Weather Watch for Otero County was issued at April 20 at 2:20PM MDT