Jack Tuls moving to our town

Posted in the Cloudcroft Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concered Citizen

Prescott, AZ

#1 Mar 23, 2011
Jack Tuls use to own Corner Stone Dairy in Artesia. He is trying to take over Chino Valley Arizona. Should we be worried?
Im Right

United States

#2 Apr 6, 2011
Take over Chino Valley?
That's a bit extreme. The man got out of the dairy business before it tanked and he's trying a new business venture (which is encouraged in America by the way), one that will bring jobs and money to a map dot, and you are worried?
If free enterprise scares you then i suggest perhaps moving.
Concered Citizen

Prescott, AZ

#3 Apr 9, 2011
Im Right wrote:
Take over Chino Valley?
That's a bit extreme. The man got out of the dairy business before it tanked and he's trying a new business venture (which is encouraged in America by the way), one that will bring jobs and money to a map dot, and you are worried?
If free enterprise scares you then i suggest perhaps moving.
Before it tanked? Does that mean that his diary farm was going bankrupt, or was in trouble?
It is not his business venture that is the issue. It is that he did not buy property that was zoned for the project he wanted to build.
You would think a dairy farmer would know not to buy a chicken if he needed milk.
Im Right

United States

#4 Apr 11, 2011
I said he got out of the dairy business before it tanked... i did not say he got out of his dairy before it tanked. I thought you knew the status of the dairy economy for the few years... If you don't then i'll fill you in. Every one is going broke, getting shut down by the banks, and going in on kill programs to kill off their herd. its not pretty.

and I'm aware of the zoning issue, and its by all means not uncommon to have land rezoned to fit the NEW needs of a town. Chino, California (not to be confused with Chino Valley, Arizona), under wnet a huge urban sprawl expansion in which dairymen sold their land. The dairies were replaced with houses, super markets, stip malls, wear houses, office buildings, etc. The zoning obviously changed in that situation to give into the new needs of the town. I dont see blogs ripping on KB Homes, or Albertsons, or Starbucks, etc, for rezoning.

Fact is, Jack tends to run a tight ship, and is a hell of a business man.
Im Right

United States

#5 Apr 11, 2011
And I am not sure why it says I am from Westminister, MD. I am From Chino, CA and Currently live in Visalia, CA.

At any event, the issue we were discussing was not zoning, the dairy industry, or even Jack Tuls as business man. It was that you said he was trying to take over Chino Valley, AZ... which is an outlandish claim, and you asked should you be worried. You should only be worried if you have a problem against free enterprise and new business coming to a town that could use some new income and source of revenue. All towns and cities in this economy could use new businesses and revenues... so why shun a man trying to do that?
Concered Citizen

Prescott, AZ

#6 Apr 11, 2011
I am worried because I read about the arson arrest, DUI arrests, and drug arrests. Also because he threaten to sue the town (you can see that in court records) if they did not stop the citizens from voting. That cost the town over $30K and someone just told me Jack has not paid his judgment in the case. Is that what you mean by a hell of a business man, someone who does not pay his bills?
That does not seem like a hell of a business man, it seems like hell of a bully.
BTW are you his father or family member? I know they owned a dairy farms in California.
Also,I am not in the dairy business so I did not know about the dairy industry.
Im Right

United States

#7 Apr 11, 2011
I had a 4,000 character response to this, it was quite good... you'll have to take my word on that. There were similes and metaphors and even pointing out that the people who are opposed to him have a blog in their smear campaign that is written from the perspective of a dog (yeah, you read that right... the perspective of a dog). But there was an internet explorer error and it didnt post. I won't be re-writing.

I'll get to the conclusion of my post. If you are a Chino Valley AZ resident (and I am at this point not sure if you are) and you have concerns about the man's character, why don't you go meet the man. Sit down and talk with him. Guage the man from your interaction with him and not what you read on the internet and from blogs. You might walk away disliking the guy more, or you might walk away thinking he's an alright guy... but at least it will be your opinion and judgment and not somebody's (or apparently some dog's) opionion of him.

As to your relationship question. No I am certainly not his father nor a family member. I have actually only met the man once. I do know of him, and I personally do know members of his family/cousins but I would say anyone in the Dutch dairy communities (Chino CA, Artesia NM, Visalia CA, Namp/Caldwell ID, to list a few) have the same connection to him... they know of him and know some of his family/cousins, etc... its a pretty large family.
pinky

Seward, NE

#10 Aug 7, 2011
Hey is this the same Jack Tuls who had a dairy in Idaho where they were badly treating cows who stopped giving milk then burrying cows alive? Man thats got to be one heck of a nice guy.
Im right

Auburn, WA

#11 Aug 7, 2011
Actually its not the same Jack Tuls. The Jack Tuls associated with Chino Valley, AZ never had a dairy in Idaho.

That being said... Dairy farms are a business. I by no means ever condone animal cruelty... That being said, cows who don't produce milk, serve no purpose on a milk farm and are sent to beef. Again I am not condoning animal cruelty and I am not getting into an animal rights debate.

Keeping a cow who doesn't produce milk is the equivalent of keeping an employee who doesn't work. It's bad business. You can't fire a cow... The only other alternative is sending it to beef.

If you value a cows life the equivalent to that of a human, that is your decision, I won't try to persuade (ap?) you either way... But putting cows down is common practice.

Either way, different Jack Tuls, and the incident you speak of was over a decade ago. Any new material? Or are the events that took place 3 presidents ago all you have?

I wonder how'd you like people bringing up things you did a decade ago... But again like I said... Different jack.
Sharon Cates

Gilbert, AZ

#12 Aug 11, 2011
My husband worked for Jack Tuls when he owned the dairy in NM. Jack wants to do what will be a great opportunity for Chino Valley, AZ. He didnt just think one night he wanted to put in a campground in Arizona! He put alot of thought into this. He asked my husband to manage the campground for him and I would help out as I could. My husband was so excited about it, and was planning on this new venture, and was going to be in the area to help take care of business while Jack was busy in NV, but, the same week we were moving to Arizona, my husband died, unexpectedly,leaving Jack without my husbands help in these plans.(not business wise, but help with the small things) Jack has helped my family out during this time, he is a wonderful man, great business man and has a wonderful family. He is NOT a Las Vegas high roller as imagined, he is a hard working family man who enjoys treating friends and business people to dinner. A KOA would do nothing but bring in a higher class of tourists to the community, not the riff raff of a regular campground. KOA has high standards of everything from the ground to the amenities it would have for the campers. KOAs also have more seniors, and families, who are there to not only vacation, but to spend money in town rather than the partiers or even drug users found in the cheaper campgrounds who cause problems costing taxpayers money in town.
Browneyedgrl

Twin Falls, ID

#13 May 2, 2012
This is quite entertaining. I was looking up Jack Tuls wife, a friend had told me that she passed away. This blog comes up.. Check your info.. This Jack Tuls did own a dairy in Idaho and was a very shifty business man... Jack in cali and in Az, and in Idaho.. one and the same... Be careful!
Im Right

San Jose, CA

#14 May 2, 2012
I called his cousin on my way into work to "check my info".

The Jack in Idaho had his wife pass away about a year ago and in close to 70. He had a dairy in Chino, CA, Idaho & Nebraska.

Jack in Chino Valley, his wife is alive and fine, he's in his 40's, and had a dairy in Chino, CA, New Mex & Nevada.

It is NOT the same Jack. My facts have been verified... I suggest you check yours.
Sharon Cates

Phoenix, AZ

#15 May 2, 2012
Jack does not nor has owned a dairy in Idaho. His wife, Kristine, is not dead. There are many people with the same names. Jack flew out from his home in Vegas to visit my husband while he was dying in Little Rock. He offered to personally transport my husband to Phoenix, where we were moving. It would have been a very expensive transport. A shifty businessman would not be so compassionate. Browneyedgrl, have you ever met Jack?
worked for Jack

Clarksville, AR

#16 May 31, 2012
The Jack I knew and worked for was a drunk and mean to his animals. His wife is dead(probobly from putting up with this creap) He had a dairy in Ca. and Idaho. He is close to 70 I'm sure. Not a very nice person.
Im right

United States

#17 May 31, 2012
Exactly... So you have the wrong Jack. Because the Jack that is in connection to Chino Valley Arizona never had a dairy in Idaho and is in his 40's. So do not mix the two or talk trash on one, when you mean the other.
Caleb

Fayetteville, AR

#18 Jun 21, 2012
Sharon Cates wrote:
Jack does not nor has owned a dairy in Idaho. His wife, Kristine, is not dead. There are many people with the same names. Jack flew out from his home in Vegas to visit my husband while he was dying in Little Rock. He offered to personally transport my husband to Phoenix, where we were moving. It would have been a very expensive transport. A shifty businessman would not be so compassionate. Browneyedgrl, have you ever met Jack?
Are you referring to Kristine Weitz's husband? I enjoy her music and was reading one of her interviews. Noticed her husbands name and googled him. They seem like a down to earth couple.
Im right so shut up

Artesia, NM

#19 Jun 22, 2012
Them cows WANTED to be buried alive! That's what zoning is for, you dolts. Plus, jack's wife tanked. You know...she just....tanked. That's what old wives do when they're no longer useful to bond you out anymore.
CCTV

United States

#20 Jun 22, 2012
Jack tuls is a crook. He won't pay you and if he does he will stop payment on the check. Whatever you do don't take a pilot job In his piece of shit baron with no annual or insurance. You also won't see the 5 k per month. He is an absolute crook and nut.
Sharon Cates

Gilbert, AZ

#21 Jun 22, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to Kristine Weitz's husband? I enjoy her music and was reading one of her interviews. Noticed her husbands name and googled him. They seem like a down to earth couple.
yes, this is Kristines husband they are bad mouthing. Jack and Kristine and the kids are good people. Some people are jealous and have to come up with nasty things to say, others are misinformed, unknowlegable about dairy life and running a business, and others dont realize there are alot of people with the same names! If they google their own names, they would be surprised! The dairy business is a hard business and have to abide by the govt rules and regulations. Jack wanted to open a KOA in Arizona, but, the city council did not approve, they prefer motor homes parked where ever they please..many campers up to no good, over a clean upscale campground. They had to come up with some dirt and any dirt (mostly dust)they could come up with they turned into mud from the wrong sources. Yes, Jack and Kristine are good people. Jack flew out from Las Vegas to Arkansas to try to personally get my husband transfered to Phoenix closer to his family when he was dying. How many self centered greedy people would have done that? None that are bad mouthing him, thats for sure!
CvIte

Prescott, AZ

#22 Jul 8, 2012
Sharon Cates wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, this is Kristines husband they are bad mouthing. Jack and Kristine and the kids are good people. Some people are jealous and have to come up with nasty things to say, others are misinformed, unknowlegable about dairy life and running a business, and others dont realize there are alot of people with the same names! If they google their own names, they would be surprised! The dairy business is a hard business and have to abide by the govt rules and regulations. Jack wanted to open a KOA in Arizona, but, the city council did not approve, they prefer motor homes parked where ever they please..many campers up to no good, over a clean upscale campground. They had to come up with some dirt and any dirt (mostly dust)they could come up with they turned into mud from the wrong sources. Yes, Jack and Kristine are good people. Jack flew out from Las Vegas to Arkansas to try to personally get my husband transfered to Phoenix closer to his family when he was dying. How many self centered greedy people would have done that? None that are bad mouthing him, thats for sure!
The elder Jack Tuls is the father of the younger Jack Tuls. The wife of the elder was the mother of the younger. They are indeed related.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloudcroft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lea County number 1 in New Mexico for smoking (Dec '09) 5 hr Demerii 26
Has anyonbody heard in N.M. Folklore of the "Le... (Jun '07) Mon Patricia Pledger 56
PNM Resourcesa New Mexico Utility Files for Ele... Dec 12 crazy stuff 1
weedforsale (Jul '13) Dec 8 madone 4
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Dec 3 Look Out Below 8,583
Gangs will never die. Only people. (Mar '09) Nov 22 Carlsbad Resident 51
Do you approve of David Venable as Mayor? Oct '14 thad sitton 1
Cloudcroft Dating
Find my Match

Cloudcroft People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cloudcroft News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cloudcroft

Personal Finance