No burning allowed

Full story: Alamogordo Daily News

Alamo West volunteer firefighters extinguish a small grass fire that broke out on March 21 along U.S. Highway 70 southwest of Holloman Air Force Base.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
MLK

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

Already over 200000 acres have burned in NM, and the drought is severe with fires still burning. Now there are restrictions that are being put forth. Even campgrounds have the grills covered and are not to be used. All this and yet the military in this area had the night sky on April 28, 2011 lighted up with flares which have been known to cause fires and are a fire risk. Flares were directly over Otero County-Alamogordo area. They must have privileges that the rest of us don't have.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

Judged:

MLK wrote:
Already over 200000 acres have burned in NM, and the drought is severe with fires still burning. Now there are restrictions that are being put forth. Even campgrounds have the grills covered and are not to be used. All this and yet the military in this area had the night sky on April 28, 2011 lighted up with flares which have been known to cause fires and are a fire risk. Flares were directly over Otero County-Alamogordo area. They must have privileges that the rest of us don't have.
They do have privileges that you don't. Like fighting wars in foreign countries at night and having to miss their families for years at a time and sleeping in a sand filled fox hole while you relax in your snuggies on your temper pedic and they get the privilege of eating MRE's while you dine out. Yes they have tons of privileges that you don't have just to keep you and this country safe. God bless them!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cloudcroft Discussions

Search the Cloudcroft Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
217 undocumented immigrants now held at FLETC i... 2 hr Forum 35
Shelter for homeless students in Lincoln County... 4 hr what the heck 1
Animal Village 16 hr You are just stupid 31
Ranchers, public attend property rights seminar 19 hr Education 1
Announcements: July 8 Thu Carlsbad Resident 28
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Thu Forum 8,409
Immigration security help vowed for New Mexico Jul 8 Carlsbad Resident 3
•••
•••