High Rolls mom seeks missing son

High Rolls mom seeks missing son

There are 112 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Nov 29, 2010, titled High Rolls mom seeks missing son. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

A High Rolls mother is doing everything she can to find her son, who reportedly went missing earlier this month during a trip to Alamogordo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#1 Nov 30, 2010
The family needs to stay on top of this! The police will soon move on to other things and this will be on the back burner. It's a shame it's taken this long to get the entire story out to the media. Vicki Lynn has been missing from Alamogordo since 2004 and her case is definately on the back burner. What a shame!
Just me

Washington, DC

#2 Nov 30, 2010
WARRIOR wrote:
The family needs to stay on top of this! The police will soon move on to other things and this will be on the back burner. It's a shame it's taken this long to get the entire story out to the media. Vicki Lynn has been missing from Alamogordo since 2004 and her case is definately on the back burner. What a shame!
What's her husband doing these days?
Carl

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Nov 30, 2010
If DPS ever turns into a real police force it will freeze over ice in Alamogordo. They must be doing training because itsbeen cold lately outside lol. But they are too busy harassing the wrong people. DPS just follows hear say and gossip for leads or cases, not facts. Thank god peopel like Yost leave DPS, maybe itll open the door for real detectives to come in, but last I checked theyll slide the next In the good ol boys club member in and nothing will change. All Alamogordos gov jobs are relations in Otero county. From SO over to the City positions to Tulie board and village positions or the blind school. There all related or in the good ol boys club. Nothing will change, all you get in Alamogordo is sloppy work from the city gov and every one who works for them are crooks, and are never held accountable.
Carl

Alamogordo, NM

#4 Nov 30, 2010
All the nosey/know it all people in Alamogordo and no seen anything???

“Navy veteran. ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 30, 2010
Prayers for the family that turns out okay.
Raptor Mom

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Nov 30, 2010
Why did it take so long for ADN to report this person as missing? This seems like a long time to sit on an actual news story and not report it.
Just me

Washington, DC

#7 Nov 30, 2010
Carl wrote:
If DPS ever turns into a real police force it will freeze over ice in Alamogordo. They must be doing training because itsbeen cold lately outside lol. But they are too busy harassing the wrong people. DPS just follows hear say and gossip for leads or cases, not facts. Thank god peopel like Yost leave DPS, maybe itll open the door for real detectives to come in, but last I checked theyll slide the next In the good ol boys club member in and nothing will change. All Alamogordos gov jobs are relations in Otero county. From SO over to the City positions to Tulie board and village positions or the blind school. There all related or in the good ol boys club. Nothing will change, all you get in Alamogordo is sloppy work from the city gov and every one who works for them are crooks, and are never held accountable.
Sounds like you need an application.
Sean Telles

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Nov 30, 2010
I'll keep my eyes wide open for this kid.
Ireland Rose

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Nov 30, 2010
Sending prayers up for the safe return of this young man.

Since: Jan 09

Alamogordo

#10 Nov 30, 2010
Instead of knocking DPS and the ADN, why not just pray for this young man and his family.
Justthinkin1

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Nov 30, 2010
It could be he was trying to walk home over the mountain. I hope the family finds him.
Craig Akins

La Luz, NM

#12 Nov 30, 2010
Carl wrote:
WOW did somebody get busted for something and has a little regret. Here some good advice. STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. DON'T BREAK THE LAW, It works for me.
Family friend

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Nov 30, 2010
Justthinkin1 wrote:
It could be he was trying to walk home over the mountain. I hope the family finds him.
He wouldn't have walked the direction he did if he had planned to walk or hitchhike home.:(
yamanashi

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Nov 30, 2010
Raptor Mom wrote:
Why did it take so long for ADN to report this person as missing? This seems like a long time to sit on an actual news story and not report it.
They didnt report it in the paper because DPS called this case a "zero priority" i Guess someone missing with a computer and a gun missing from the vehicle constitutes a "zero priority"

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#15 Nov 30, 2010
yamanashi wrote:
<quoted text>They didnt report it in the paper because DPS called this case a "zero priority" i Guess someone missing with a computer and a gun missing from the vehicle constitutes a "zero priority"
Couldn't the parents call the newspaper office and ask to have the story run in the paper?
Someone in Texas

Edinburg, TX

#16 Nov 30, 2010
Hey Carl, and while your putting down DPS, what are you doing? My guess is sitting on your &*^% doing absolutely NOTHING! I guarantee you will be the first one to call DPS when you need them. It's people like you that people look at and shake their heads and wonder how you function. GET A LIFE!
yamanashi

Alamogordo, NM

#17 Nov 30, 2010
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't the parents call the newspaper office and ask to have the story run in the paper?
this town is set up on the "good ol' boy" system and if DPS doesnt reconize that somt one is missing then the paper wont print it. Im GOOD friends with jordans brother and efforts WERE made but people want to believe what they read in the paper as biblical truth. A Detective on the case told the mother that people have the right to go missing. total BS

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#18 Nov 30, 2010
yamanashi wrote:
<quoted text>this town is set up on the "good ol' boy" system and if DPS doesnt reconize that somt one is missing then the paper wont print it. Im GOOD friends with jordans brother and efforts WERE made but people want to believe what they read in the paper as biblical truth. A Detective on the case told the mother that people have the right to go missing. total BS
First off, ADN has lost most of their subscripers because their reporting has become a joke. But the newspaper doesn't just print police logs, they will report and publish stories brought to them by other sources.

Also, the detective is correct. People over the age of 18 have every right to go missing if they chose to.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Nov 30, 2010
And I know of no one that takes the printed word as biblical truth.
DFWM

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Nov 30, 2010
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, ADN has lost most of their subscripers because their reporting has become a joke. But the newspaper doesn't just print police logs, they will report and publish stories brought to them by other sources.
Also, the detective is correct. People over the age of 18 have every right to go missing if they chose to.
I heard your son told some of his schoolfriends he cant wait to get away from you when he's old enough.
See how you feel if this happened to your family. Quit razzing the paper, and get out and help look for this young man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cloudcroft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay sexting (Oct '14) May 10 BryteStarFag 7
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) May 10 Paul 8,898
News County hears concerns over RV parks Apr '17 xray45 1
Worker with chomo Apr '17 NotTheJudge 2
News County combats housing discrimination Apr '17 3idwa 3
Need help with place to stay till wendsday in c... Jan '17 Helpme 1
News One town has it especially rough in parched New... (Jun '06) Dec '16 Rebecca 4

Cloudcroft Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cloudcroft Mortgages