Dog rescued after being found starved, injured in SE New Mexico

Jan 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOB-TV

A Good Samaritan is praising the help of an Otero County veterinarian after he helped her rescue a severely injured dog in back in December.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thanks Dr

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Thank you Dr Staley for helping this dog out. I'd like to see more Vets help out hurt, abandoned animals.
Angels watching over us

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Thanks Dr wrote:
Thank you Dr Staley for helping this dog out. I'd like to see more Vets help out hurt, abandoned animals.
Dr. Miller has helped with hurt and abandoned animals...Dr. Miller and his staff are some of the most caring people I know..I really don't know much about Dr. Staley, but I've taken my fur children to Dr. Miller for many years and I've also taken hurt and abandoned animals to him and he has been there for these animals and for me and my fur children.. And someone else here in ALamogordo that helps abandoned/hurt animals is Carolyn at the Cottonwood Pet Resort.
Ginger

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Staley has also killed or maimed hundreds of animals. One does not tip the scales in his favor.
me too

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

Ginger wrote:
Staley has also killed or maimed hundreds of animals. One does not tip the scales in his favor.
I believe ALL vets have some type of horror story.
I love my fur babies

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

Angels watching over us wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Miller has helped with hurt and abandoned animals...Dr. Miller and his staff are some of the most caring people I know..I really don't know much about Dr. Staley, but I've taken my fur children to Dr. Miller for many years and I've also taken hurt and abandoned animals to him and he has been there for these animals and for me and my fur children.. And someone else here in ALamogordo that helps abandoned/hurt animals is Carolyn at the Cottonwood Pet Resort.
Dr. Miller told me he has four animals that were orthopedic nightmares. The owners couldn't afford to get them fixed so he did it and kept them.
are you kidding

Holloman Air Force Base, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Angels watching over us wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been numerous citizens with dogs in urgent need of emergency care and want to make payments and Dr. Miller's office has refused them. They want money. This town, vets, it all about money...

One good deed just masks the truth.
No so fast

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

are you kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been numerous citizens with dogs in urgent need of emergency care and want to make payments and Dr. Miller's office has refused them. They want money. This town, vets, it all about money...
All vets need to make a living. They have bill to pay, families to feed, and college debts to pay. I am sure they all have had to deal with deadbeats who refuse to pay for their pets' care.
Time to blame the irresponsible pet owners. If one can not afford to care for a pet, they should not own one.
Tell The Truth

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Many people have stories to tell about local vet experiences. The vet situation here is about like the physician situation. One ICU nurse stated that good doctors didn't come here, in if one did, they didn't remain in the area for long. She was a military wife, nurse at the hospital, she is no longer there. A few of the vets had fathers' who were also vets and passed the business down, you might say, and then there are the others. I would like to see their university transcripts and see what type of grades they had in college although compassion comes from the heart not from a college degree. We need new vets from elsewhere that really care about animals and not just money.
Tell The Truth

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Some vets across the country keep pets when a person can't pay the bill and in some practices may end up put down when an owner can't pay the bill or taken to a shelter. Vet bills are often outrageous. One charged us over 600.00 to clean our dogs teeth. We knew if we didn't pay, they would keep our dog. Nothing right about those type of fees.
No so fast

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Tell The Truth wrote:
Some vets across the country keep pets when a person can't pay the bill and in some practices may end up put down when an owner can't pay the bill or taken to a shelter. Vet bills are often outrageous. One charged us over 600.00 to clean our dogs teeth. We knew if we didn't pay, they would keep our dog. Nothing right about those type of fees.
Gee, you are a jack of all trades, master of none. First it is the inter-workings of military jets and now you know how much a vet should charge for teeth cleaning?
You are a fool; nothing more, nothing less.
Thankful

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Judged:

I thank EVERYONE that helps rescue animals. Sick, injured or abandond. GOD bless you all
Tell The Truth

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

To those passing out insults. Apparently you find it hard to believe that some people know about more subjects than just one.
Not so fast

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Tell The Truth wrote:
To those passing out insults. Apparently you find it hard to believe that some people know about more subjects than just one.
I have no problem with people that are knowledgable about many subjects. I do have a problem with people who refuse to post the sources of those "facts" like you do.
You are full of schit.
judge

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

given humans now have the obama death panel, why can we put dogs, cats, etc to sleep

there are too many to support
Not so fast

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

judge wrote:
given humans now have the obama death panel, why can we put dogs, cats, etc to sleep
there are too many to support
How about preventing so many of them being born in the first play.
Spay/neuter! Don't shop or buy when shelter animals die.
Not so fast

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

^first place
youre nuts

Holloman Air Force Base, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Tell The Truth wrote:
You are the one handing out insults. Button brand killed my dog because he didn't have a clue what was wrong and wouldn't answer an ER phone call until 6 hours later when she died!1!!!
crazy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

are you kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct, he refuses to help people with sick animals that can't afford the full bill but can make payments.
Actually

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct, he refuses to help people with sick animals that can't afford the full bill but can make payments.
Do you know how many people say they will make payments and don't? These vets have staff to pay, building expenses to pay, mortgages to pay, families to feed. There services should be paid for at time the service is performed.
Dog lover

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

HUNTER wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2296572/PETA-killed- 1-600-cats-dogs-Virginia-headq uarters-year--90-animals-hande d-charitys-American-shelter.ht ml
Do not send your pets to murderous PETA..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cloudcroft Discussions

Search the Cloudcroft Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
217 undocumented immigrants now held at FLETC i... 3 hr TRansom 101
Animal Village 11 hr Just Me 34
Shelter for homeless students in Lincoln County... 15 hr Observer 12
Alamogordo police logs (Jul '09) Mon YoFriday 12
The last days of Navajo Lodge - Ruidoso News (Jul '11) Jul 19 Stormy Mills-Houston Tx 5
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jul 18 Forum 8,435
Honduran families deported from US Jul 16 Dee Dee Dee 22
•••
•••
•••
Cloudcroft Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cloudcroft Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000