9-11 anniversary: For Springs woman w...

9-11 anniversary: For Springs woman who lost brother, 'It gets ...

There are 28 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 10, 2008, titled 9-11 anniversary: For Springs woman who lost brother, 'It gets .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

She got the list of names last week, along with a CD giving the correct pronunciations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
American

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#29 Sep 11, 2008
Dear David, I will pray for you and your family. Hope and pray that your family never goes through something so horrible like this. I am sure that you were near the Pentagon and that you ran over to help the people. I do not think this was in your mind at the time since you were so busy playing golf. God Bless America.
David wrote:
Why don't we get over this stuff for gosh sakes and move on!! The most powerful, most high tech country in the world got caught with its security pants down. Oh, we can put men on the moon and police the entire world, but we're powerless against some idiots armed with boxcutters. And for the fools who say a plane didn't really hit the Pentagon, I was there. I lived two miles from the Pentagon I saw it happen.
BS david

Hollywood, FL

#31 Sep 11, 2008
Now your just telling lies david. I really do wish you lost a family member in the attacks, and didnt just make that up.
David wrote:
"You must have pretty good eyesight eyesight to see from 2 miles away. Especially when the Pentagon attack happened at ground level."
My eyesight is better than pretty good; it's excellent, thank you. But we didn't need good eyesight. I was playing golf at a nearby course and the inbound plane that hit the Pentagon flew over us at an altitude of about 800'. Many people saw it. When you don't know what you're talking about it's better to keep your mouth shut rather than opening it and making a fool out of yourself. I lost a family member and a neighbor in that attack, but it was years ago! Time to move on.
Anonymous-Pgh

United States

#32 Sep 11, 2008
R.I.P.
ann

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#33 Sep 11, 2008
We will never forget what happen on this day. I know I will always remember the exact moment I found out,as will all americans. This day should be recognize as a national holiday
older Richard

New York, NY

#34 Sep 11, 2008
This morning, in New York, was earily silent as out of respect for those who perished, cabs and truckers stopped the beeping long enough to be honourable.Some folks stopped in their tracks in order to observe the 4 moments of silence. This evening, there will be a single candle burning in many windows, so as to remember. The 2 beams of cool and soothing blue light will light up the night sky and offer hope that this will never happen to anyone, in any country, again.Assigning blame is easy, making certain it never happens again is not.
To have been here, to have seen and heard what we did, and to have seen the recovery would make you folks real proud of the community here.Thanks for reading; peace.
American

United States

#35 Sep 11, 2008
My heart goes out to all the people in NY. This is a day that the entire nation will never forget specially the people in NY. Thanks for this information. God Bless all the family affected during this tragedy. God Bless.
older Richard wrote:
This morning, in New York, was earily silent as out of respect for those who perished, cabs and truckers stopped the beeping long enough to be honourable.Some folks stopped in their tracks in order to observe the 4 moments of silence. This evening, there will be a single candle burning in many windows, so as to remember. The 2 beams of cool and soothing blue light will light up the night sky and offer hope that this will never happen to anyone, in any country, again.Assigning blame is easy, making certain it never happens again is not.
To have been here, to have seen and heard what we did, and to have seen the recovery would make you folks real proud of the community here.Thanks for reading; peace.
homer simpson

Closter, NJ

#36 Oct 8, 2009
i like pie

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#37 Oct 8, 2009
And this contributes what?
homer simpson wrote:
i like pie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Closter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News H.S. boys golf: Rabin, Saddle River Day victorious May '15 stewart scott 2
Emerson Centennial Park Mar '15 Kris 1
News Closter police department to be evaluated (Feb '10) Mar '15 Bob 15
News Dumont 5th-grader who jumped from second-story ... Mar '15 Dave Searles 1
News Closter spurs renovation of historic school bui... (Jan '15) Jan '15 ira Landsman 1
News Chris Rock on Obama: We got Shaq, not Michael J... (Dec '14) Dec '14 fedupwiththemess 2
Volvo involved in illegal activities (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hans J 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Closter Mortgages