Dallas County wants to limit sprawl

Dallas County wants to limit sprawl

There are 4 comments on the Des Moines Register story from Sep 6, 2006, titled Dallas County wants to limit sprawl. In it, Des Moines Register reports that:

Dallas County officials say they will take steps to protect farmers and wildlife from a decade-long growth spurt that has gobbled up thousands of undeveloped acres.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Des Moines Register.

Sherrill

AOL

#1 Sep 26, 2006
I agree 100% on stopping the growth in Dallas County. We need farm land too. Growth has gone way to far already.

Just send all the imagrants back were they belong and we would not need to grow
ohenry

Nevada, IA

#2 Jul 8, 2007
There's some more localized (Grimes) talk at: www.HeyGrimes.com
Waukee Transplant

Des Moines, IA

#3 Jul 24, 2007
I agree partly, but most of the immigrants are people filling high tech jobs in WDM. Let's take their tax dollars and use the $ to raise our land values by improving city infrastructure. When Waukee figures out how to make itself the most desireable DSM suburb, values will climb and the immigrants you are worried about having for neigbors won't be able to afford it.
it sucked this year

AOL

#4 Aug 16, 2007
who cares about farmland? we can just import cheap food from China, and hopefully it won't have lead or poison in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clive Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
first gay anal. (Dec '13) Sep '17 KyleX 7
News Ex-preschool teacher drunk at sentencing, court... Sep '17 VP Mullah Elect P... 3
Anyone know JEFFREY RICH Scam around the DES MO... (Apr '09) Jul '17 Anon 12
News Tama Mayor Zimmerman to resign post- Council me... Jun '17 guest 1
News Ticket's in the mail: Red-light cameras questioned (Mar '09) May '17 Susan 60
Adulterer Bill W. Davis of Urbandale (Mar '17) Apr '17 Your new nightmare 2
News Housing a Urban Development Secretary Ben Carso... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Dems Reps for Ben... 22

Clive Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clive Mortgages