Clintwood Basketball
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Why have we had 4 kids that have stopped playing on boys team?
You know

Hagerhill, KY

#2 Jan 5, 2013
the reason and just trying to start something! Some kids cannot hang, take criticism or coaching, don't want to work hard to get better and think the are bette than they are. Im glad they quit..makes coaching a lot easier with less kids and plenty of playing time for othrs!!
SUM PPL KILL ME

Clintwood, VA

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Not sure why the boys quit but at least that team doesn't have the parent problem that the girls team does. If your kid gets benched for a mistake, or another kid is playing a little better during one game all hell brakes loose. The girls record is 12-6 and people would think that they were having a losing season with all the drama the parents are causing. It is a team sport not an individual sport. Just let the kids play!
From The Bleachers

Clintwood, VA

#4 Jan 27, 2013
You said it!! It is a team sport, but with a joke like Frazier it isn't about the team.
No Burr

Hagerhill, KY

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Grow up!
For the Record

Calgary, Canada

#6 Jan 29, 2013
From The Bleachers wrote:
You said it!! It is a team sport, but with a joke like Frazier it isn't about the team.
Why not please explain ?
Kids first

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jan 29, 2013
A team means that every individual on that team is valued by their leader. Every player has strengths and weaknesses. A team should be close to each other however Mr. Frazier forces them to compete with each other instead of encouraging them to work together, improve together and thrive together. I believe that every negative comment deserves a positive comment to build that person back up whether in a team sport or work place. These girls only hear negatives. Every girl on that team has played basketball since the 2nd grade. All of these girls are Beautiful and talented. I have no doubt Mr. Frazier knows basketball I just don't think he knows how to coach girls on a high school level.
What kills me

Hagerhill, KY

#8 Jan 29, 2013
is the parents of their child. These parents only care about THEIR child. Case in point..after their child graduates..see if they ever show back up for any of the girls games as regular as they do now! If You going to care about a team and basketball, you need to be there and support no matter what, just like the football team is supported! Leave coaches and officials alone and grow up!
SUM PPL KILL ME

Clintwood, VA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
Just wondering, competition is part of playing a competitive sport right? If a player screws up then shouldn't they be told that they screwed up and then told how to fix the mistake? I am sure that they are also told when they do things right. I have watched several of their games and I hear the coach give positive reinforcement to all players. Of-course tonight they ended up losing to an inferior team, wonder if the negative parents and the drama that they started had anything to do with this. It doesn't really matter how many 3's you score if the TEAM still loses.
I know

Duffield, VA

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Which part of the bench you setting on.....must have a bad view.
JUST SAYING

Calgary, Canada

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Sounds like the one that SUPPORTS their team.
I know

Duffield, VA

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Their is a big difference in team and players....and a high school team in any sport is made up of the players, coaches, fans and parents. We out everyone working together to make the team then you end up with players and no team. And im pretty sure its not the girls that need the extra practice time in this area. So that leaves which groups???? This day and time you have to have an open line of communication to keep everything in check.
I Know Also

Roanoke, VA

#13 Jan 30, 2013
The reason they are not so good..defense. All I have heard is.."she made all her shots, she scored this many," you have to play defense and most of the girls are too slow footed to play defense or afraid to get physical..some, not all. You cannot score 14 points if the person you are guarding scores 16..you still LOSE! Understand? The players listen to DADDY in the stands and not coach on the bench....that is just my observation..get pissed if you want!
SUM PPL KILL ME

Clintwood, VA

#14 Jan 30, 2013
I know wrote:
Their is a big difference in team and players....and a high school team in any sport is made up of the players, coaches, fans and parents. We out everyone working together to make the team then you end up with players and no team. And im pretty sure its not the girls that need the extra practice time in this area. So that leaves which groups???? This day and time you have to have an open line of communication to keep everything in check.
When players are selfish and only care about how they do and not if the team wins or loses then there is a problem with their attitude. I guess they learn that mentality from their parents.
OMG

Roanoke, VA

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Expectations do not meet the talent. All you heard and seen wrote on Facebook and Twitter last season, "we missed a free throw! Well we're just young! We got outrebounded! Well we're just young! We did not play defense! Well we're just young! We missed a lot of shots! Well we're just young! We got beat by central-wise by only 20! Well we're just young! These other schools have more students than we have! Well we're just young!" Anyone see a pattern of excuses??? These were made by PARENTS and infiltrated into the players!!! Are you young this year? Meanwhile, other teams have freshman and sophomores and are LEARNING FROM THEIR COACHES and not listening to mommie and daddy in the stands! Be happy you have a winning record against Council, Haysi, Thomas Walker, and other less talented teams but until you parents leave the coaches alone and quit filling the players head full of crap and blaming coaches for losses, you will NEVER let the players reach their capability.
jill

Big Stone Gap, VA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
OMG wrote:
Expectations do not meet the talent. All you heard and seen wrote on Facebook and Twitter last season, "we missed a free throw! Well we're just young! We got outrebounded! Well we're just young! We did not play defense! Well we're just young! We missed a lot of shots! Well we're just young! We got beat by central-wise by only 20! Well we're just young! These other schools have more students than we have! Well we're just young!" Anyone see a pattern of excuses??? These were made by PARENTS and infiltrated into the players!!! Are you young this year? Meanwhile, other teams have freshman and sophomores and are LEARNING FROM THEIR COACHES and not listening to mommie and daddy in the stands! Be happy you have a winning record against Council, Haysi, Thomas Walker, and other less talented teams but until you parents leave the coaches alone and quit filling the players head full of crap and blaming coaches for losses, you will NEVER let the players reach their capability.
blahblahblah all i hear.
JUST SAYING

Calgary, Canada

#17 Jan 31, 2013
jill wrote:
<quoted text>blahblahblah all i hear.
Well at least your listening, but i suppose you can't fix stupid though. You have to watch that green eyed monster sometimes it's a b!tch. bahhahahahahahahah
no name

Wise, VA

#18 Feb 5, 2013
i think they should just ban all sports activies from school property and not allow the state to keep pissing money toward this waste. the school has to pay to keep people like rick mullins and other coaches on the payroll, when that money would be much better spent going towards a real teacher who cares about the kids. most of these guys(like rick) don't give a shit about a student unless they play sports!!
maybe then it would cost so much to build a new school if we left the football field and stadium out.
FULLOFCRAP

Roanoke, VA

#19 Feb 5, 2013
Why don't you just neuter your child also you unhappy piece of crap!!
Just Saying

Roanoke, VA

#20 Feb 6, 2013
VERRRRY IMPRESSIVE last night against Central!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clintwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conley winebarger 4 min Pecker head fred 2
Hometown Pizza (Mar '13) 3 hr Eww 105
Destany Deel 5 hr Know her 2
Jamey Hagy at it again 7 hr Fred sanford 7
CES lady Wed once again 6
matt blansett (Jul '15) Wed K P S 12
Business opportunities Tue Maybelline 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clintwood Mortgages