Highlands Drilling Big Heads at it ag...

Highlands Drilling Big Heads at it again!!

Posted in the Clintwood Forum

Annoyed

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2011
I have heard today that Highlands is making 'law' that employees AND contract people cant wear jewelry of any kind! Including wedding rings! No earrings, necklaces, rings or piercings of any kind can be worn on the , rigs, shop and any business that has dealings w HD! I think Mike Poole and Rick Hull are taking their bossing too far! Esp not wearing a wedding ring is against the marriage vows! They don't pay my husband enough to make him not wear his! Mike Poole aint married so he don't know the importance of a wedding vow(ha, maybe theres a reason he's not)! From what I've heard fatass Rick just has an excuse! Looks like there are more important things they should worry about besides jewelry! What's gonna be next, make a rule of what color underwear they can wear!
just saying

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Sep 22, 2011
My husband had wore his wedding band to work for years. in 2004 he was climbing down a piece of equipment and his wedding band got caught and he lost his finger. I understand your upset but its really a safety issue and my husband and I understand why. I don't know Mike Poole or Rick Hull but there is a concern there. I work in food service and we are not allowed to wear our rings when we are preparing food. You would not believe how easy it is to get hurt or even killed by wearing a piece of jewelery. To many moving parts. Not worth the risk. Hope this helps.
no name

Buffalo, NY

#3 Sep 23, 2011
it sounds to me annoyed is just worried her man is out screwing around when he is on the road cause he doesn't have his ring on! Hun that ring and going to keep it in his pants unless he gets his zipper hung on it. if you can't trust him anymore than that move on!!
Hey

Clintwood, VA

#4 Sep 23, 2011
As far as the jewelry goes it can get caught and rip a body part of. Look on line for oil rig accidents on google look at the pics. It is nothing but a saftey issue. A ring is not what holds the vows. I would know my husband and i had to sell ours to get my son meds. Would u rather him wear it and risk losing his finger, hand, arm or possibly his life just cause u think vows are in a ring and not the heart?
THE dude

Clay City, KY

#5 Sep 24, 2011
Not wearing jewelry is a safety issue only. The previous poster is completely right; I'm sure they didn't change the company policy to piss the workers' wives off! It's common knowledge that if you work with your hands a lot, you'd better take the wedding band off. From my experience it causes a weird callouse to develop right above the band and also you can damage the ring itself depending on tools and chemicals you're using. If you hit the ring with a hammer you are in for a treat too. I have worked with a lot of electrical systems and it is one of the most important rules to remember when working on high voltage/ amperage; take ALL jewelry off! I seen a guy leave his wedding band on once in a power panel and he touched the wrong bar.... Which was the HOT one (1600 amps). It welded the ring into a solid coin lookin thing and guess where his ring finger was? In the floor in 6 pieces. They never had to remind me of the jewelry rule after that.

Since: Oct 11

Shelbiana, KY

#6 Oct 7, 2011
Its for safety ppl come on, they are just asking you to take it off for a shift of work so maybe Lord willing you will have all your parts when you get off work geez!!!
momma

Shelbiana, KY

#7 Oct 7, 2011
well my opinion is they are making the right decisions!!
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#8 Nov 30, 2011
ya i think that annoyed needs to ask people those kinda thing before he/she says anything about what i do for a living, cause he/she has no f clue on whats going on at highlands rick hull and mike pool are the best da m workers there is on trying to make highlands a safe and fun place to work with. like i was told when i was younger if ya aint got anything nice to say dont say anything at all.use your brain for cryin out loud those kinda things can kill u and for saying stupid things like you cant do this you cant do that sounds to me that u didnt get the help u needed for when u where younger,o u didnt like that i said that well think about the place u just put down people that sighned the bottom of there app at highlands dont need people like u to tell them that they cant do this or they cant do that.so now ill ask u how does it feel to be criticized, even thoe u dont even work there. so keep your shi t to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clintwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexander Mullins on pills 1 min Epidemic 3
Madison Buckcannon 30 min Jealously in the ... 9
Clintwood Music Thread (May '12) 12 hr Musikologist 25
Hottest girls in Dickenson county. 14 hr Big daddy rocks 4
clint vance 17 hr Wrong 4
Zachary Lee Tue LOL 15
Reggie Stanley Tue Friend 4

Clintwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance