rigger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Well I here highlands is done for by the end of the year. An I work for them so I was wondering if anyone knows if they are really shutting down
no name

Ronceverte, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Why would we the public know more about a company than the employees?
be a man and go ask the boss how longer you can really expect to have a full time job there! he may realize your an idiot and go ahead and let you go!

they brought all their rigs in and are selling them off whats that tell you?
actually

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

no name wrote:
Why would we the public know more about a company than the employees?
be a man and go ask the boss how longer you can really expect to have a full time job there! he may realize your an idiot and go ahead and let you go!
they brought all their rigs in and are selling them off whats that tell you?
All their rigs are not in the yard. Highlands will try to stay afloat as long as possible just like every other company struggling in this economy. Times are hard for many. I agree that posting a question on topix generally doesn't accomplish much more than opening the door to a very little truth and a whole lot of lies.
Rumor is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Highlands was bought out by Sidewinder Drilling, who infact have several new positions up for hire.
Discusted

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

They have no loyalty! Could care less about employes especially the ones who were there from the start!
no name

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Did they sell out for sure?
exdriller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

If sidewinder bought them the doors will probably be shut like at union drilling Inc
Cordblastdrill

Jenkins, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Does anyone know if Highlands is hiring .? I'm looking for a job . I have asked around and I am not finding anyone that knows anything about them.. One person confused me by telling me they only let you work two weeks out of a month.. I hope that parts not true . I like working my hours , I mean I like to make money..not just get enough to get by..if anyone knows anything about the hours , if you can work more than 2weeks out of a month please email me at michaelsalyer45@gmail.com Thanks for reading this post.
I know

Green Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

They are not currently hiring. They actually just shut a rig down a week or so ago but it wouldn't hurt to put in a application for the near future. The schedules are one week on one week off and you work out of town with 12 hour shifts. And no you cannot work more than that.
Coordblastdrill

Jenkins, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

I was wondering after I read that one post that stated her husband brought home 4000.00 after taxes for two weeks of work.. I did put I'm application at that time I was told they wasn't hiring at the time but they would be hiring a new crew this month (August 2013) and they would,be starting work in (Sept 2013) . I was thinking 4000.00 after taxes for two weeks would be a major plus... I am not going to lie I'm looking for a job where I can put in enough hours to pull at least close to 3600.00 every two weeks.. I'm a hard worker , love to make money , I'm going crazy sitting at this house and its only been 29 days.... I know everyone is looking for a job. Some people don't like to put in so many hours so I'm asking (ill even beg ) . Please if you know of a company that works it's men with good overtime (a lot of overtime) drop me the name of the company or any information you know ....I don't mind to travel . I don't have any kids in school so I'm not toed down to the area.. Thanks
Helpful

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Coordblastdrill wrote:
I was wondering after I read that one post that stated her husband brought home 4000.00 after taxes for two weeks of work.. I did put I'm application at that time I was told they wasn't hiring at the time but they would be hiring a new crew this month (August 2013) and they would,be starting work in (Sept 2013). I was thinking 4000.00 after taxes for two weeks would be a major plus... I am not going to lie I'm looking for a job where I can put in enough hours to pull at least close to 3600.00 every two weeks.. I'm a hard worker , love to make money , I'm going crazy sitting at this house and its only been 29 days.... I know everyone is looking for a job. Some people don't like to put in so many hours so I'm asking (ill even beg ). Please if you know of a company that works it's men with good overtime (a lot of overtime) drop me the name of the company or any information you know ....I don't mind to travel . I don't have any kids in school so I'm not toed down to the area.. Thanks
For what its worth if you're looking for work in the oil/gas field you won't find much this way anymore nabors its the only service company here anymore Halliburton & BJ are both gone if you really want to find work you gotta head north i just started working in Clarksburg,WV driving a truck it's amazing how much work there is up there right now as far as.working alot of hrs I'm not sure most everything is run on 12hr shifts i make good money hourly and company i work for houses me too some will not.I am saddened when i think how much work there was just a few years ago here and now you can't buy a job hardly in the oil/gas fields here but ah well you gotta go where the work is
funtimefart

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Helpful wrote:
<quoted text> For what its worth if you're looking for work in the oil/gas field you won't find much this way anymore nabors its the only service company here anymore Halliburton & BJ are both gone if you really want to find work you gotta head north i just started working in Clarksburg,WV driving a truck it's amazing how much work there is up there right now as far as.working alot of hrs I'm not sure most everything is run on 12hr shifts i make good money hourly and company i work for houses me too some will not.I am saddened when i think how much work there was just a few years ago here and now you can't buy a job hardly in the oil/gas fields here but ah well you gotta go where the work is
if you go to north dakota more work way better pay.
Coordblastdrill

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Lol wife won't go .. To much snow . I seen that listing at the employment office came home told her about. She said I don't think so.. I said 30 hour for miners you will either go or ill leave you here.. She got in her car went down the road so I looked up winter in ND... First pic was snow over the tops of cars.. So that was all I needed to see.. I don't think I'd care much for that either.. There has to be something around here that's pays decent and lets a person get overtime.. But thank you for letting me know of that..
Brock Crtes

Raphine, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

been talkin to some of my friends at highlands off computer.....hope ta see ya aii soon be safe & keep it turnin ta the right ...later

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Clintwood Forum right now

Search the Clintwood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
doctors and medicines at community medical care... 1 hr shameful 4
tightest cooch in Clintwood 1 hr shameful 37
Lacosta Rose (Nov '13) 11 hr Nonsense 18
John Kendrick 19 hr Just curious 5
johnson chevy poor job- (Sep '11) Wed So funny 10
Gavin Mullins (Dec '13) Wed Family member 3
blonde at texaco Tue poor nobody 30
•••
•••