Accident on George's Fork
wtf

Knoxville, TN

#21 Sep 6, 2012
awful wrote:
clw res Do you repeat every rumor you hear. You will hear a lot of speculation about this, but there is only one truth. I always go by the saying believe none of what you hear and half of what you see and I never repeat anything until I know the facts.
Ant to wtf There are more unsafe drivers in 4 wheel cars and trucks on that road than there are in coal trucks. The wrecks that have happened on 72 was the fault of the drivers in the smaller vehicles. I have encountered more cars and Pu trucks on the wrong side of the road, passing these coal trucks in a blind curve and riding the bumpers of the coal trucks. You hear these same people complain that these trucks hold them up and make them late for where ever they are trying to get to. I witnessed one incident where there would have been a head on collision because someone was impatient a passed a truck with traffic coming in the opposite direction. The driver of the truck braked and the car in the opposite direction braked and the one passing just barely made it back in to his lane.
You are right about some of the cars and trucks,But how many times has a coal truck turned over in a curve?Without somethn breakn on the truck NONE.Like in fullers gap going up a fricn hill come on man if you turn one over in fullers gap you were flyn PERIOD.Same stanco truck turned over@ curve before powers straight away.Cause of accident TO FAST!!!!
awful

Tannersville, VA

#22 Sep 6, 2012
some of the ones that turned over either the driver had to get off the edge of the road because of someone on their side of the road, some because the loader man loaded the truck to heavy on one side, sometimes things break on the trucks and yes a few because they are going to fast for the curve.

It might have been the same stanco truck that turned over but it was a different driver.

And to (I KNOW) the other wreck that you are talking about, that was caused by the other driver and not the truck driver. So get your facts straight.
Give them respect

United States

#23 Sep 6, 2012
I do not know what the cause of the accident was, or who was at fault, but I am a truck driver and everyone out there should be forced to know what a truck can and cannot do. Most of the general public has no clue what a truck cannot do, they think since they can stop in 100 feet so can a truck, wrong I have seen several accidents where a driver of a car found that out and payed with their lives. Before anyone goes passing judgments find out the truth about what happened, and please GIVE TRUCKS ROOM they cannot maneuver, or have the control like cars do.
coalminer

Roanoke, VA

#24 Sep 6, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You are right about some of the cars and trucks,But how many times has a coal truck turned over in a curve?Without somethn breakn on the truck NONE.Like in fullers gap going up a fricn hill come on man if you turn one over in fullers gap you were flyn PERIOD.Same stanco truck turned over@ curve before powers straight away.Cause of accident TO FAST!!!!
Theres never been a Stanco turn over...try a Double r truck..
coalminer

Roanoke, VA

#25 Sep 6, 2012
or was it Maria...it was one of the two...
i love my truck driver

Somerset, KY

#26 Sep 6, 2012
Give them respect wrote:
I do not know what the cause of the accident was, or who was at fault, but I am a truck driver and everyone out there should be forced to know what a truck can and cannot do. Most of the general public has no clue what a truck cannot do, they think since they can stop in 100 feet so can a truck, wrong I have seen several accidents where a driver of a car found that out and payed with their lives. Before anyone goes passing judgments find out the truth about what happened, and please GIVE TRUCKS ROOM they cannot maneuver, or have the control like cars do.
I have to agree with you. My Boyfriend is an employee at stanco and has been for years. He has helped me better understand the difficulty and how dangerous it is to drive truck. I have seen it myself when cars cut trucks off thinking that they can just slow down or stop but the truth is they cant. People complain about the drivers not being safe when most of the time its them not paying attention.
driver on 72

Mount Juliet, TN

#27 Sep 7, 2012
i love my truck driver wrote:
<quoted text> I have to agree with you. My Boyfriend is an employee at stanco and has been for years. He has helped me better understand the difficulty and how dangerous it is to drive truck. I have seen it myself when cars cut trucks off thinking that they can just slow down or stop but the truth is they cant. People complain about the drivers not being safe when most of the time its them not paying attention.
Well I drive 72 alot. It is a shame how they drive. They fly, cut the curves. So there is no one stopping or cutting them off there. They also pass one another. I also know of some instances where coal truck drivers have cut cars off and they have to stop to keep from being killed. They are not careful, at all. This should a lesson to all. It might be dangerous to drive a truck, but its even worse to be in a car where they haul. They think they hog the road!!
facts

United States

#28 Sep 7, 2012
awful wrote:
some of the ones that turned over either the driver had to get off the edge of the road because of someone on their side of the road, some because the loader man loaded the truck to heavy on one side, sometimes things break on the trucks and yes a few because they are going to fast for the curve.
It might have been the same stanco truck that turned over but it was a different driver.
And to (I KNOW) the other wreck that you are talking about, that was caused by the other driver and not the truck driver. So get your facts straight.
then if the other accident in pound was not the Stanco drivers fault why did the family get awarded so much money by a jury it is on court bar but either way it is very tragic and sad
Concern

Batesburg, SC

#29 Sep 7, 2012
You all are ignorant that doesn't know about trucks. Maybe if u all would take the time to listen to people and warning signs then their would be no problem and ruining ur mouth about trucks not giving room to cars. Do u understand how big coal trucks are? Do u think they can weave in and out of curves like a NASCAR? Geez u people are plain idiots thats all I have to say. I gave my heart out to the boy AND the driver! I'm sure it was just a freak accident. My family has had a lot of issues with trucks. But it's the same situation as being in any car. An accident is an accident. Give it a rest about trucks. This is our livelyhood and they keep ur pretty little houses and equipment running. So u shouldn't pry. Coalminer, truckers, strip job miners, keep this world running. So give them tr respect they deserve !!!
clinchco

Matthews, NC

#30 Sep 7, 2012
The guy that killed Ryan doesn't need to be respected he took a life. Yea it might have been an accident but he should've been paying attention! Ryan had a lot of family and friends that have to suffer through this traggic time. Rip ryan
Hmm

Nashville, TN

#31 Sep 7, 2012
Concern wrote:
You all are ignorant that doesn't know about trucks. Maybe if u all would take the time to listen to people and warning signs then their would be no problem and ruining ur mouth about trucks not giving room to cars. Do u understand how big coal trucks are? Do u think they can weave in and out of curves like a NASCAR? Geez u people are plain idiots thats all I have to say. I gave my heart out to the boy AND the driver! I'm sure it was just a freak accident. My family has had a lot of issues with trucks. But it's the same situation as being in any car. An accident is an accident. Give it a rest about trucks. This is our livelyhood and they keep ur pretty little houses and equipment running. So u shouldn't pry. Coalminer, truckers, strip job miners, keep this world running. So give them tr respect they deserve !!!
"Do you think they can weave in and out of curves like a NASCAR?Ummm, no, but apparently some of the truckers believe so, they drive like they actually are qualifying. When they blow by you in a curve doing 70 shouldnt't they also know their truck isn't capable of that?
I don't think anyone on here has insinuated that ALL truckers are morons, but they ones who drive like that should be reprimanded. I personally try to help them out on the road. If they are coming on from a turn lane or need to get over, if at all possible, I slow down, flash my lights and try to help them. So, I really don't appreciate when the stupid ones run me out of the road while they're flying or driving right down the middle.
Give them respect

United States

#32 Sep 7, 2012
As far as someone saying that a truck cut them off in a curve I have one questions for you, Have you ever drove something that is 60 feet long? If you have not you have no right to talk about trucks cutting cars off in curves.
Truth

Big Stone Gap, VA

#33 Sep 7, 2012
Everyone wouldnt be so quick to judge IF all if us hadnt atone time or another almost been killed by one of these coal trucks! Its not just they are in the middle of the road they fly like bats out of Hades! Yea they dont get paid by hour but that gives them no right to break the speed limit! 72 is the worst! 55 is too fast on that road for a car but the trucks have exceeded that! Ive seen 2 coal trucks in last 2 weeks drive right through red lights ( on US 23 at Food City and at Glamorgan)!! I feel sorry for the driver and he may have been doing everything right BUT his fellow coal truck drivers have left room for all of us to think the worse! Im sure they are hard to drive thats wjy you dont drive something of that size as fast asyou can and still hold it in the road!!! But either way an innocent 21 year old kid is dead his family is crushed and life for them will never be the same! Instead of defending your truckers you shpuld be hoping that ALL of them learn a lesson and slow the hell down!
Truth

Big Stone Gap, VA

#34 Sep 7, 2012
And to concerned I know they cant weave in and out of traffic like Nascar but the truckers must not because they sure do give it a try! God help all of us when we meet those trucks empty load thats when they push it as hard and fast as they can!!!
Walter White

Coeburn, VA

#36 Sep 7, 2012
I don't see what any of this has to do, both sides have faults and you moronic stupid f*cks on here argueing over 'oh truckers' or 'oh car people' are f*cking f*ggots! Bad drivers are on both sides of any wheeled vehicle you retarded ass morons!
This is a big f*ck you all for b*tching about something as f*cking stupid.
Retried Truck Driver

Norton, VA

#37 Sep 7, 2012
Give them respect wrote:
As far as someone saying that a truck cut them off in a curve I have one questions for you, Have you ever drove something that is 60 feet long? If you have not you have no right to talk about trucks cutting cars off in curves.
If you can't drive a 60' truck drive something you can handle. I have drove well over 3 million miles in a truck. You are required to keep your vehicle under control at all times. Cowboy and bully driving give other truck drivers a bad nane. Pay by the mile or by the load should be outlawed. If you are driving 50MPH a easy way to get a 20% raise is to drive 60MPH to get a 40% raise drive 70MPH, This promotes unsafe driving. Just because you drive a big truck dosen't mean you have any more right to the road than someone walking or on a moped. The court system will let you know this.
OMG

Tannersville, VA

#38 Sep 8, 2012
you people are pathetic. I don't see any trucks run 60 and 70 up 72. I have never seen them weave in and out of traffic or take a curve a 70 mile an hour. It is impossible for them to do these things on 72. If you will pay attention when they go through a curve you will see their front tires almost on the white line on the edge of the road and their back tires close to the yellow line, so in a curve you need to quit hogging the center of the road and you will not think you are going to get run over.

I would rather go up and down the road that these trucks are on any day, than go up and down these roads with most of the cars. I have seen people doing things while driving like putting makeup on, reading, texting, trying to eat meals that require attention and a fork, drunk or high while driving,passing trucks in a blind curve almost causing a head on collision, passing you up near their turnoff then cramming their brakes on to make the turn,etc. So quit crying about these trucks, the idiots in the cars, pickups and suvs are the most dangerous out there.
Pathetic driver

Norton, VA

#39 Sep 8, 2012
OMG wrote:
you people are pathetic. I don't see any trucks run 60 and 70 up 72. I have never seen them weave in and out of traffic or take a curve a 70 mile an hour. It is impossible for them to do these things on 72. If you will pay attention when they go through a curve you will see their front tires almost on the white line on the edge of the road and their back tires close to the yellow line, so in a curve you need to quit hogging the center of the road and you will not think you are going to get run over.
I would rather go up and down the road that these trucks are on any day, than go up and down these roads with most of the cars. I have seen people doing things while driving like putting makeup on, reading, texting, trying to eat meals that require attention and a fork, drunk or high while driving,passing trucks in a blind curve almost causing a head on collision, passing you up near their turnoff then cramming their brakes on to make the turn,etc. So quit crying about these trucks, the idiots in the cars, pickups and suvs are the most dangerous out there.
I think you missed the point. The faster you drive and the more risk you take the more money you make. Drivers need to get paid by the hour, not by the mile or the load. Most truck drivers are the safest on the road. But a few will do anything for the allmighty dollar.
OMG

Tannersville, VA

#40 Sep 8, 2012
No I didn't miss the point. Yes they are a few that is after that all mighty dollar but not as many as people are saying. You also have to think there are unsafe drivers that do not drive trucks. People just need to quit condemning all truck drivers because of the few idiots drivers out there.
I have been behind most of these trucks loaded and empty going up 72 and I have yet to see one over the speed limit. What I say about not hugging the yellow line especially in a curve, I used to do that and thought the same way a lot of other people does about truck drivers. Now I drive closer to the white line and have realized I have plenty of room driving up 72 and the trucks also have plenty of room.
Should be ashamed

Murfreesboro, TN

#41 Sep 8, 2012
A 21 year old boy just lost his life and a truck driver has to live with it the rest of his life, is that not punishment enough. Give the family's some respect and stop talking about it geeZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clintwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex Offender 1 hr Move on 4
Yes! We have a CRAIGSLIST for SW. Virginia, fin... (Sep '09) 2 hr Point is 7
single lady's 4 hr m mullins 1
News Town Council passes highest real estate, utilit... 5 hr mary 17
Don't Hide 5 hr Selfie queen 2
Coeburn Council (sharon) 5 hr mary 41
prison workers (Feb '12) Sun curious 33
More from around the web

Clintwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE