Lake Stevens Couple Hopes To Restore Everett Trolley

Full story: Kirotv.com

EVERETT, Wash. -- A Lake Stevens couple is looking for like-minded history buffs who may want to help restore a historic Everett street car.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2013
Riverside Kid

Since: Dec 05

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2005

I saw the pictures on the news tonight and I recognized the trolley at Lake Stevens as one of the old trolley cabins we stayed in at the Purple Pennant Resort in 1949 when I was 7. They had several of those old trolley cabins there along with other cabins. The resort was old when we stayed there and it finally was sold. I have always had a special memory of that summer we stayed there. I called my mother, who is now 86, and asked her if she knew how the trolleys got there. She said after they stopped running, they were sold off and one was even made into a diner.
desire

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2006

Riverside Kid wrote:
I saw the pictures on the news tonight and I recognized the trolley at Lake Stevens as one of the old trolley cabins we stayed in at the Purple Pennant Resort in 1949 when I was 7. They had several of those old trolley cabins there along with other cabins. The resort was old when we stayed there and it finally was sold. I have always had a special memory of that summer we stayed there. I called my mother, who is now 86, and asked her if she knew how the trolleys got there. She said after they stopped running, they were sold off and one was even made into a diner.
Have enjoyed all the comments and stories we've been receiving.If anyone else reads this and has history information on these trolley's please contact us at bugg6@verizon.net
Don - OR Trans Museum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Does anyone have the contact information about the trolley? Our museum would like to get it and restore it. We might even consider offering to set-up and operate a small streetcar run in Everett; if it's found to actually be an Everett Streetcar.
Please send any known information to or_transportation_museum@hotma il.com Our website is at http://osrm.org Thank You for any help you can offer.
suzy

Duvall, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

The link for Kirotv did not work...Anybody know the status of this?

Thx Suzy
jan

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

I lived at the Purple Pennant Resort when I was just a small child. It was owned by my grandfather and family members I believe. I have 1 or 2 pictures of the 'cabin' that we lived in and have heard about the street cars that were there from relatives. If anyone has any pictures to share I would love to see them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clinton Discussions

Search the Clinton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Snohomish boy beaten for poor report card (Jun '08) 12 hr Ooogah Boogah 11
Prejudice in Lynwood Jul 24 Rosetaz 1
Air France, Lufthansa suspend flights to Tel Aviv Jul 23 Alon 2
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
Seeking Foreign Brides (Nov '06) Jul 19 Terrence 50
Review: GEEKDEAL.COM (Jan '09) Jul 16 Vazgen 14
Review: Sound Air Solutions (Jan '11) Jul 2 Tired of Scammers 40
•••
•••

Clinton News Video

•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••