Review: GEEKDEAL.COM

Posted in the Clinton Forum

George

Vale, NC

#1 Jan 7, 2009
I recently purchased a Netgear Router from Geekdeal (via eBay). It came (supposedly) with a limited service agreement with Netgear. I tried repeatedly to access this service, but was unable to do so (I ended up in an endless loop). I reported this to Geekdeal, but was given no real help other than to direct me back to the Netgear links I had alread tried without success. I spent two months trying to connect the router. Finally, Geekdeal sent me a return authorization for a replacement! Obviously the folks there do not really read their emails, otherwise they would know that the router they sent me initially was probably OK...I just needed some real help setting it up.

As far as I am concerned, Geekdeal is to be avoided at all costs. Their service is virtually nonexistant. STAY AWAY!
A Neilsen

Galesburg, IL

#2 Aug 22, 2009
I compleately agree, I purchased an xbox 360 and payed 20.00 for three day shipping, a week later still no xbox! These people overcharge for a service that they do not even provide! Do not be fooled by the big nosed cartoon guy hugging a CPU, They will take you for everything you have and not even send you the product. Go with non english speaking guy in poland if you want faster sevice.
L Kolcz Chicago

Apache Junction, AZ

#3 Jun 18, 2010
Don't spend a dime with these people, I bought a archos device, that came broken, paid shipping to send it back, charged a restocking fee, and now they are telling me I didn't send everything back, and have not heard from them in 2 weeks. They will not answer any of my e-mails. Is there anyone out there protecting the consumer from these fly by night internet ripoffs??? I will never purchase anything from the internet, they just take your money and play games with you until you give up!!!
turk

United States

#4 Jun 19, 2010
L Kolcz Chicago wrote:
I will never purchase anything from the internet, they just take your money and play games with you until you give up!!!
I can't speak of your experience but I buy most of my non-food items via the Internet and never have had a problem. It really depends on the company. Stick with larger companies with a 90% or higher customer satisfaction rating and you will be fine.
Misleading Ebay buyers

Enumclaw, WA

#5 Aug 29, 2010
I noticed they sell a good number of GARMIN products via their ebay auctions. They state that the GPS units they sell come with a 1 year warranty, being covered by the manufacturer. Garmin has a very strict policy and state on their website that they do not warranty any product if sold via an online auction. When I pointed this out to Geekdeal, they stated they are an "Authorized Retailer" so there will be no problem. Funny as Garmin addresses this directly on their website informing that there is no such thing as a "Authorized Retailer" who sells via online auctions, Geekdeal relies on the fact that people will have left positive feedback long before they find out that Garmin will not provide any warranty to them.
eBay consumer

Billerica, MA

#6 Jul 29, 2011
I always review comments by buyers and rely on feedback. Keep it going, the above comments were very helpful.
I will not deal with Geekdeal
Hunter

Älvdalen, Sweden

#7 Aug 15, 2011
DO NOT DEAL WITH Geekdeal!!! I did it once and will never do it again. No service, no answers on e-mails etc etc.
Paul Cerisano

Guelph, Canada

#8 Jan 17, 2012
Agree that customer support is non existent. Been waiting two weeks for a 6 7 day delivery, nowhere to complain. But in the meantime I am getting several requests to buy extended warranty on a product I have not even received,.

Most frustration with this online seller I have experienced. Other sellers deliver. I paid for this product on the second of January.

Never will I buy from Geekdeal again.

Just send me the product I paid for. Now I have to go all through the ugly routine of trying to get my money back.

Geekdeal is Nodeal

Paul
Greg

Chipping Norton, Australia

#9 Jul 13, 2012
Geek deal no help at all ,purchased a timex gsp and took 21 days to deliver it to aus , lasted 14 day then had problem ,no help at all apparently the 30 days return. Is from when you purchase the goods . And not being a authorized dealer it is not covered by ausi 12months warranty
Not happy
Ken

Angier, NC

#10 Aug 20, 2012
Purchased Garmin 160 from this company. All seemed well--Paid via pay Pay--no problem. Today I received notification from Ebay that I should remit payment for the fish finder since I won bid. Have tried to contact geek!!!as well as Ebay with no results. This was my first and final purchase from this GEEK!!
w nitz

Shepherd, MT

#11 Oct 22, 2012
I have just bought a garmin oregon 550 from geekdeal after leaving positive feedback I found out that the unit was defective, it wouldn't load any map cards. I really wanted to use it for the hunting season but they tell me it will be awhile before I can get a replacement. I hear they gave someone back their money less shipping and a restocking fee. I'll have to speak with ebay and see what they say. this transaction wasn't worth the extra cash its going to cost me or the time and headaches. my advice pay a little more and buy it somewhere locally.seems like a lot of people are coming up with defective merchandise.
jaggy2787

Largo, FL

#12 Sep 8, 2013
I saw this review site while searching to see if geekdeal had a official website...which is apparently not up yet. After reading the reviews I realized if I had read this while I was looking to purchase an item from Geekdeal I would have probably backed out. Which would have been a mistake. I purchased my very first item off Ebay, a Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1. I kept backing out because it was over $200 on a item that was refurbished and that I wasn't getting in my hands today. But I looked everywhere to see if I could find tbe same deal...and that was a negative. Lol. So I finally went through with it and sat on my hands. I was terribly nervous and felt this could be a scam and I would just be out of $200 or I would receive an item that I couldn't use. One issue I had, it took forever to get a tracking number...at least thats how it felt, it was really only 2 days. I'm sure I completely aggravated Amanda, the customer service person who answered my email. But she was a trooper, my item finally came and it was perfect. No scratches, it connected to the internet right away, I really really like it. Im not saying anyone above did not have a bad experience, I just want others to know its very easy to write a bad review....its nearly impossible to find a good one. Take a chance and try Geekdeal. I am a real purchaser of them, you can find my profile on Ebay under jaggy2787. Have a wonderful day and just smile.
llmvll

Jaraguá Do Sul, Brazil

#13 Dec 10, 2013
I agree with all the comments here. Never do an deal with Geekdeal! I fell in their trap via eBay and bought a Jabra bluetooth headphone. As I live in Brazil the time to arrive in my house was more than the 45 days, when is possible to count on the eBay's support yet. But, when I opened the box the product was broken(I don't recommend any Jabra product either, after this...). I contacted the Geekdeal and they answered quickly asking to send back de defective product to replacement. But when they received the product in USA they decided only refund me the price payed on eBay (USD69.90), so I lost money in the shipment, I lost money in federal taxes (here in Brazil we pay the highest ones...) and I don't have any product, everything was loss of money and time.
Vazgen

Moscow, Russia

#14 Jul 16, 2014
Geekdeal has terrible custom service and they lie to their buyers. I feel stupid that I didn't search reports about them on Internet before placing my order, that would save me a lot of money and my time. Don't deal with these guys!
Elcapitan

West Jordan, UT

#15 Friday
L Kolcz Chicago wrote:
Don't spend a dime with these people, I bought a archos device, that came broken, paid shipping to send it back, charged a restocking fee, and now they are telling me I didn't send everything back, and have not heard from them in 2 weeks. They will not answer any of my e-mails. Is there anyone out there protecting the consumer from these fly by night internet ripoffs??? I will never purchase anything from the internet, they just take your money and play games with you until you give up!!!
I think they are trying harder after reading so many negative feedbacks from customers. they recently helped me with a return and made a full refund on a Dell Venue purchase I received that was doa etc. I might give them one more chance. they did the best they could with the situation that Dell handed me, ie A refurb Venue out of a sealed box from Dell loaded with problems.
Elcapitan

West Jordan, UT

#16 Friday
Paul Cerisano wrote:
Agree that customer support is non existent. Been waiting two weeks for a 6 7 day delivery, nowhere to complain. But in the meantime I am getting several requests to buy extended warranty on a product I have not even received,.
Most frustration with this online seller I have experienced. Other sellers deliver. I paid for this product on the second of January.
Never will I buy from Geekdeal again.
Just send me the product I paid for. Now I have to go all through the ugly routine of trying to get my money back.
Geekdeal is Nodeal
Paul
I just got a refund from them on a return I made. It was a scarry situation considering old feedback I read about their lack of customer concern etc. I am staying away from now on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
9 Surprising Pests that Love Insulation Exposed... Dec 18 Gerald Vonberger 1
Unexpected benefit: Electric cars might help sm... Dec 9 litesong 1
celebrate recovery (Jan '12) Nov 30 Brian Kercheval 31
Fellowship and faith: Shia Muslims work to brid... Nov 22 tom_ 1
Around the county Nov '14 Puget Lowland 1
Around the County Nov '14 citizen-pulls-ove... 1
Everett Garage Door Repair Oct '14 HaubrichLucas 1

Clinton News Video

Clinton Dating
Find my Match