celebrate recovery

Posted in the Clinton Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

10

7

6

Proverbs 30
5 “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. 6 Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

To do something because someone says ‘it works’ or ‘feels right’ can often be the worst possible reason for doing it; especially if the act flies so clearly in the face of scripture. There is an obvious problem with celebrate recovery’s new latter day healing approach; it is not Biblical doctrine. If it was necessary, the historic Christian church was flawed. If CR is correct, then Rick Warren is a prophet and according to his own words you and “everyone needs recovery”. CR distorts the use of scriptures and also incorporates the 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous; both of these heresies are exactly what we are warned about in God’s word. Just because the name Jesus is stamped all over this new syncretism, that wrongful branding will never make it of The Lord. Doctrine cannot be 95% good and 5% arsenic, or it would be the theological equivalent of rat poison! This means that the use the 12 steps alone pollutes everything, making it un-holy and not-fit for any Godly purpose. The Bible in its entirety is completely true and pure, celebrate recovery is spiritually poison. All the nice, warm experiences of all involved and the best intentions cannot change that truth. Those taking part in this new breed of Christianity - meaning “follower of Christ”- need to be warned of the sweet aroma of these misguiding lies:

This celebrate recovery, a man made burden of works/steps is not of The Lord, nowhere in The Bible does Jesus teach such a thing. Their foundation supersedes Gods anointing Holy Spirit power and the teaching of the Bible with psychology and works. The CR faction, via their works, will always fail to accomplish what The Holy Spirit alone achieves. Everything that CR tries to accomplish is found wanting compared to the natural byproduct of The Holy Spirit alone.“The fruit of the Spirit” is caused exclusively from His anointing, a gift from God and seen only in true believers in Jesus. This true anointing cannot be worked for nor achieved by any form of works, steps, principals or anything else. Therefore, spiritual growth happens because of Gods will and power, according to His grace and purpose, not the CR works/steps, lest any man should boast. This is the difference between those pretending to be a Christian and trying to act spiritual via “works and steps” or actually being a Christian and having His anointing displaying Gods “grace and power”;

Galatians 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

The list of the fruit of the Spirit describes an emotionally balanced, psychologically stable person. Because the Holy Spirit produces this naturally, why would anyone turn to worldly psychology and CR?

Warren’s CR program views the 12 Steps as generally compatible with Scripture yet seeks out verses that appear to biblically reinforce each step. In doing so, however, scriptural interpretations are forced upon concepts that either have no direct relationship to the Bible or that pervert the true interpretation of the scripture intended to support the particular step. CR’s attempt to use some of “the Sermon on the Mount” known as the Beatitudes as biblical principles for overcoming habitual sins, for example, is a serious distortion of the Word of God. Search as you may, you’ll find no commentaries that even hint at such a use of the Beatitudes. Why? Simply because the Beatitudes all have to do with seeking the “Millennial” Kingdom of God and His blessings regarding the future tense and absolutely nothing to do with solving an individual’s so-called addictions.

“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
John 8:36

In His Grip!
Brian D. Kercheval
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

3

For more information on this topic of recovery syncretism and Biblical distortions visit:

http://megas-houtos-agape.blogspot.com/
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Whose steps are you following? Pick one!

a) Wilson and Smith
b) Baker and Warren
c) Jesus: To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in HIS STEPS. 1Pe 2:21

Everyone has a choice. Now is a good time to make the right one.

----------

Below is an excerpt from "Recovery Awareness"
http://megas-houtos-agape.blogspot.com/

Because of first hand witness regarding the influence and relevance of recovery syncretism, my intention is to convey accurate Biblical truth and perspective through an economy of non-inclusive overviews and thoughts. My sole objective is to point to Jesus and His teachings as stated in the Bible while encouraging each reader to study God's word with the guidance from the Holy Spirit. Many of the writings posted are from well-studied authors that sustain my highest recommendation.
Grateful in recovery

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 18, 2012
 
Legalism is also unBiblical. Been there done that! I'll pray for your own recovery that you apparently do not see that you need. Take care Brother :-)
briangetaclue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 24, 2012
 
Wow I am appalled at this whole rambling diatribe. Who are *you* to pass judgment on another man trying to help those who are suffering. You obviously have a limited understanding of 12 step programs, they were never intended to be religious, but rather a spiritual solution. Read the AA book, it talks of the necessity to have a conscious contact with a higher power AS YOU UNDERSTAND. No where does it state Christianity has to be followed. If some find recovery in Christ,then so be it. I am so sick of so called Christian people being rash to judge those that do not follow the exact doctrine they do. I am pretty sure Jesus taught tolerance and understanding, both are traits you have failed to demonstrate. While I have no desire to set foot in your church I won't tell you that your beliefs are wrong nor would I dream of condemning a man who is trying desperately to show addicts and alcoholics a spiritual way of living and if they convert to Christ what is your real issue?
You are fundamentally no different then the Muslim terrorist that believes that Allah is the only way, and anyone who believes different should die. Fact is God is way too big to be jammed in a box with labels.
In the future before you call someone out on not doing things your way think of the consequences, are you aware more Americans die of overdoses then car wrecks. How would you feel if it was your wife or kid struggling with this disease and someone posted a comment such as yours and undid a ton of work in their recovery? While you are quick to cite your verses and knowledge, I truly wonder what God sees in your heart.
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

“His incomparably great power for us who believe”
Eph 1:17-21
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
There is absolutely nothing Jesus cannot accomplish, inspite of man made teaching of steps…
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Grateful in recovery wrote:
Legalism is also unBiblical. Been there done that! I'll pray for your own recovery that you apparently do not see that you need. Take care Brother :-)
Apparently one does not read the Bible nor truly wishes to know what is and not Biblical or not. According to the scriptures, accuracy is important...

2Cr 4:2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. WE REFUSE TO PRACTICE CUNNING OR TO TAMPER WITH GOD’S WORD, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.

Proverbs 30:5-6 Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Because we are warned so clearly never to run ahead of The Lords teachings, nor add to, nor subtract from Gods Words, I highly suggest to anyone involved with any form of syncretistic teaching and Bible distortions to stop, turn to Jesus and ask His forgiveness immediately. this is not "legalism, it is the truth suppoted by God's Word...

Deuteronomy 4:2 "You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

2 John 1:9-11 Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

Jeremiah 8:8-9 "How can you say,'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie. "The wise men are put to shame, They are dismayed and caught; Behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD, And what kind of wisdom do they have?

Mat 15:9 'But in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'"

Deuteronomy 12:31 "You shall not behave thus toward the Lord your God, for every abominable act which the Lord hates they have done for their gods;

Isa 30:1 "Woe to the rebellious children," declares The Lord, "Who execute a plan, but not Mine, And make an alliance, but not of My Spirit, In order to add sin to sin;
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 25, 2012
 
briangetaclue wrote:
"I am pretty sure Jesus taught tolerance"
Let’s stay with what Jesus said:

Jhn 14:6 Jesus said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Therefore, the teaching found in the twelve steps cannot be, nor ever were from God, No Jesus, no Father. If one has issue with this fact, I encourage you to bring it up directly at Jesus himself and no one else; He was the one that taught this…
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 25, 2012
 
Grateful in recovery wrote:
Legalism is also unBiblical. Been there done that! I'll pray for your own recovery that you apparently do not see that you need. Take care Brother :-)
Because of my first hand witness to, and extensive years of commitment in the 12 steps and especially CR, I can say with absolute honesty that all 12 steps are utterly legalistic/non-Biblical and have only a form of godliness but denies the actual true power of The Holy Spirit.
All one needs to do is to look to God's word and turn towards Jesus himself, God will teach you on these matters.

Let us always:
"Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen" 2 Peter 3:18

Brian
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Excerpts and a study link written by Paul R. Stark:

No passage is more germane to understanding what is involved in the work of the Spirit [emphasis added] in bonding believers to Christ than Romans 6:1ff. Here, in complex detail, Paul describes the heart of sanctification as deliverance from sin and liberty to serve the Lord in righteousness. The former relationship with sin is brought to an end; the Christian is ‘freed from sin’(Rom. 6:7, 18).

Ferguson then makes an interesting observation when he points out what happens to “the body of sin” in Romans 6:6 as a result of being crucified with Christ—it is “rendered powerless”. Contrast this with Step One of the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) that states,“We admitted we were powerless over....”In the case of AA’s Step One, the individual is powerless over the habitual sin. In the case of Romans 6:6, it is the sin that is made powerless in the life of the Christian. Why, therefore, should any believer say they are powerless when the Bible says that they have been given a spirit of power and that they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them?

...[I]f addiction is the result of the controlling and enslaving effects of habitual sin, then beliefs that one cannot stop addictive behavior is inconsistent with the teaching of Romans 6.

Although a little on the academic side, if you’re interested in the causes and effects of addictions, I think you will find this article interesting.

Enjoy!

What Drive Addiction?
http://data.axmag.com/data/201208/U47386_F106...
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Martin Luther
Martin Luther Quote:

The world bears the Gospel a grudge because the Gospel condemns the religious wisdom of the world. Jealous for its own religious views, the world in turn charges the Gospel with being a subversive and licentious doctrine, offensive to God and man, a doctrine to be persecuted as the worst plague on earth. As a result we have this paradoxical situation: The Gospel supplies the world with the salvation of Jesus Christ, peace of conscience, and every blessing. Just for that the world abhors the Gospel…

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Dude you're rambleing.
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
Dude you're rambleing.
Does anyone study? Truly look at what is happening? Is everyone so ashamed of what they do and think that they must hide behind a false name?
Listen, people are being persuaded to approach God thru works, using steps which are mere doctrines of men. Jesus' teachings are not even similar to these steps yet as with CR, they claim "these are the very words of Jesus" Wrong!
Let us always:
"Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever!"
2 Peter 3:18
With the love of The Lord,
Brian
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Here may be a start, regarding AA/secular perspective:
-----
The Efficacy of 12-Step Groups and 12-Step Treatment:
http://www.morerevealed.com/library/resist/r_...
-----
AA: Cult or Cure?:
http://www.morerevealed.com/library/coc/c_ind...
-----
orange-papers.org :
http://orange-papers.org
-----
The Effectiveness of the Twelve-Step Treatment:
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-effective...
-----
The Heresy of the Twelve Steps:
http://orange-papers.org/orange-heresy.html
-----
The Religious Roots of Alcoholics Anonymous:
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-religious...
-----
The Twelve Biggest Lies of A.A.:
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-aalies.ht...
-----
Yes, I was directly involved first with AA for well over a decade, studying all of the literature and taking part. Having first hand exstensive knowlege of everything that AA is and is not, also claims that it is and is not, I highly suggest all to go forward with some real study. Anything less is not honest nor genuine...

Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

"I was once, for a while, was sure that CR12 steps must be from God because Jesus was stamped all over it, I was wrong"...

A snippet of Biblical truth for clarity: "God's gift, His true anointing (Holy Spirit) cannot be worked for nor achieved by any form of works, steps, principals nor any method or process, lest any man should boast."

Below may be a start, regarding CR/Biblical perspective:

A Way Which Seemeth Right:
http://www.thebereancall.org/node/2568
-----
Celebrate Recovery Review:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/43382689/Celebrate-...
-----
Celebrate Recovery Exposed:
http://www.perfectpeaceplan.com/post/celebrat...
-----
“Celebrate Recovery” Forever?:
http://knowgodsword.wordpress.com/sermons/for...
-----
Recovery Awareness:
http://megas-houtos-agape.blogspot.com/
-----
"Celebrate Recovery" Isn’t God’s Way:
http://knowgodsword.wordpress.com/sermons/cel...
-----
"When Study Isn't Study" by John MacArthur:
http://megas-houtos-agape.blogspot.com/p/sanc...
-----
12 Step Demonic Foundation:
http://mywordlikefire.wordpress.com/2008/09/2...
-----
Doctrine of Adoption:
http://data.axmag.com/data/201207/U47386_F102...
-----
Holy Spirit and Freedom from Sin:
http://data.axmag.com/data/201207/U47386_F102...
-----
Critiques of the 12-Step Programs:
http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/crit12steps...
-----
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Grateful in recovery wrote:
Legalism is also unBiblical. Been there done that! I'll pray for your own recovery that you apparently do not see that you need. Take care Brother :-)
Legalistic?
There is not one thing more legalistic and self-righteous than attempting to come to God via steps...

Remember this:
God’s gift, His true anointing (Holy Spirit) cannot be worked for nor achieved by any form of works, steps, principals nor any method or process, lest any man should boast.
Brian D Kercheval

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

By implementing the 12 steps into one’s life they by practice deny the power, authority and the teachings of Jesus.
nurseserver

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Brian D Kercheval wrote:
Here may be a start, regarding AA/secular perspective:
-----
The Efficacy of 12-Step Groups and 12-Step Treatment:
http://www.morerevealed.com/library/resist/r_...
-----
AA: Cult or Cure?:
http://www.morerevealed.com/library/coc/c_ind...
-----
orange-papers.org :
http://orange-papers.org
-----
The Effectiveness of the Twelve-Step Treatment:
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-effective...
-----
The Heresy of the Twelve Steps:
http://orange-papers.org/orange-heresy.html
-----
The Religious Roots of Alcoholics Anonymous:
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-religious...
-----
The Twelve Biggest Lies of A.A.:
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-aalies.ht...
-----
Yes, I was directly involved first with AA for well over a decade, studying all of the literature and taking part. Having first hand exstensive knowlege of everything that AA is and is not, also claims that it is and is not, I highly suggest all to go forward with some real study. Anything less is not honest nor genuine...
Totally agree with Brian... and thanks for using all the "Orange-Papers" links, I thought I was the only sane person who read his work!

Since: Jul 10

Ventress

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
Dude you're rambleing.
Lol!
I think he fell off the AA wagon and bumped his head.
Thomas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Warning to CR members - Celebrate Recovery will ask you to obtain a sponsor. They do not have an accountability structure for the sponsors. If by chance you have a bad sponsor they will tell you to fire him. That's great but what about the other 20 people he/she sponsors? CR has no system of checks and balances to protect people from bad sponsors!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Clinton News Video

•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Clinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clinton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••