United Grocery Outlet
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Hood

Oak Ridge, TN

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Terrible customer service. Cashiers are rude and unprofessional. Not going to get a lot of repeat business that way. Oh well.
ummm

United States

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Most of them worked at Food Lion before it closed. Customer service is not why I shop there. It's the low prices. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I always get greeted and sent away with a "Have a nice day".
my two cents

Oak Ridge, TN

#3 Sep 20, 2012
I shopped there for the first time tuesday and found some pretty good deals. the young cashier that was working the register was very friendly. I will go back again.
Tina

Oak Ridge, TN

#4 Sep 20, 2012
my two cents wrote:
I shopped there for the first time tuesday and found some pretty good deals. the young cashier that was working the register was very friendly. I will go back again.
Where is this?
my two cents

Oak Ridge, TN

#5 Sep 20, 2012
its where Food Lion use to be. They made it about half the size but still has plenty to choose from. I got a big pack of pork chops 12 in the pack for 10.80. Thats a good deal.
ummm

United States

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Agreed on the good deals. A few weeks ago they had 16 pack ballpark beef franks for a little over 2.50 a pack.
Wondering

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Sep 21, 2012
love this store prices are great. I have shopped here several times since they opened going there today
Logical Al

Clinton, TN

#8 Sep 22, 2012
Check the expiration dates. Almost picked up some sandwich ham today that was two days past expiration. I started looking more closely and noticed almost everything in my cart was either expired or about to be.

Frosted Flakes usually have over a year before it expires when I buy it elsewhere, but the box I had in my cart expires next month, which means it's most probably pretty stale by now. The Microwave bacon I had expires on the 24th of this month which is Monday, so it's probably pretty stale as well.

Walked out with a loaf of bread that expires Oct. 1, and all the bread at Food City expires on the Sept. 26, so at least the bread is good. Most likely that's all I will be buying there from now on.

CHECK THE DATES! Wonder how they can give such good prices? Because they buy much of their stuff from other stores that won't sell crap that old for pennies on the dollar.

The bread and milk seem to be stocked with fresh supplies, however.
ummmm

United States

#9 Sep 23, 2012
Logical Al wrote:
Check the expiration dates. Almost picked up some sandwich ham today that was two days past expiration. I started looking more closely and noticed almost everything in my cart was either expired or about to be.
Frosted Flakes usually have over a year before it expires when I buy it elsewhere, but the box I had in my cart expires next month, which means it's most probably pretty stale by now. The Microwave bacon I had expires on the 24th of this month which is Monday, so it's probably pretty stale as well.
Walked out with a loaf of bread that expires Oct. 1, and all the bread at Food City expires on the Sept. 26, so at least the bread is good. Most likely that's all I will be buying there from now on.
CHECK THE DATES! Wonder how they can give such good prices? Because they buy much of their stuff from other stores that won't sell crap that old for pennies on the dollar.
The bread and milk seem to be stocked with fresh supplies, however.

Uhm. Duh. However, not everything is expired or about to be; some of it is overstock. I thought this was general knowledge. Everything we buy that is about to expire usually gets used before the date. I don't have a problem with the taste. You eat food for the nutrition not for taste. Anyways, if you don't have a problem with that, it is a great place. If you do, food city is right up the road.
pay attn ppl

Clinton, TN

#10 Sep 24, 2012
Its not a UNITED Grocery Outlet.... Not affiliated with UGO in any way.
Halley

Clinton, TN

#11 Sep 25, 2012
Check the dates on everything. I bought a frozen dinner yesterday with a use-by date of August 8.
CatFan

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 Sep 27, 2012
You don't know what you're talking about. Look at this UGO store location guide:

http://www.myugo.com/locations.html

Now what about that does NOT have anything to do with UGO???
Not a Customer

Clinton, TN

#13 Sep 27, 2012
I won't shop there. Their food is out of date or right near being that. Their meat is old, but they cover it up by marinating it so you can't tell it. I think what they sell is the crap products, instead of quality products. And contrary to other opinions on here, taste is important. If it wasn't people would be eating dog food for its nutritional value. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone & I won't ever shop there. Others can do what they want. Just my opinion.
ummmm

United States

#14 Sep 27, 2012
Not a Customer wrote:
I won't shop there. Their food is out of date or right near being that. Their meat is old, but they cover it up by marinating it so you can't tell it. I think what they sell is the crap products, instead of quality products. And contrary to other opinions on here, taste is important. If it wasn't people would be eating dog food for its nutritional value. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone & I won't ever shop there. Others can do what they want. Just my opinion.
Dog food is a little drastic of a comparison, besides I've not bought anything there that doesn't taste good. I just bought some name brand cereal that doesn't go out of date until 2013. On the flip side I bought some sandwich meat that was going out of date it two weeks, but I put it in the freezer for until I need it. It was also name brand. It's not all out of date people. Some of it may be, but no one is forcing you to buy THAT stuff.
pay attn ppl

Clinton, TN

#15 Sep 27, 2012
CatFan wrote:
You don't know what you're talking about. Look at this UGO store location guide:
http://www.myugo.com/locations.html
Now what about that does NOT have anything to do with UGO???
Ok, I admit. I was wrong. Thank you for correcting me. The sign does not say UGO and when I asked an employee, I was informed that it was NOT a UGO. I was told UNITED was not in the title. Thank you for correcting me. I may just go there again, but I probably won't be nasty to the employee and make an ass of myself.
Catfan

Oak Ridge, TN

#16 Sep 29, 2012
pay attn ppl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I admit. I was wrong. Thank you for correcting me. The sign does not say UGO and when I asked an employee, I was informed that it was NOT a UGO. I was told UNITED was not in the title. Thank you for correcting me. I may just go there again, but I probably won't be nasty to the employee and make an ass of myself.
Didn't mean to sound like a smartass, I'm sorry. Just wanted to correct you. I'm betting most of the employees are clueless as to who they work for anyway. I was in there my first AND last time last week and the two employees I dealt with acted like I was from Mars or something and were NOT helpful.
Kelli

Wartburg, TN

#17 Mar 10, 2013
I am a fan of UGO. Yes, some of the stuff is past the "use buy" date. I've NEVER gotten sick from anything I've eaten from there. And most use buy dates are just indicating freshness and manufacturers put it on there so you'll think it's "bad" and throw it away and spend more money. It really just depends on what you're buying. Boxes items and meat will be two different things. Just know how to shop people. Use the brain God gave you.
Grocery Outlet shopper

Knoxville, TN

#18 Mar 11, 2013
Their deals seem to be in the canned goods and the freezer items. Their produce isn't too attractive and the meats aren't quite the deal.
An example of the freezer items, I purchased 6lbs of frozen cheddar pepper sausage links made by a company in Amish country, Lancaster County, PA and paid $7.00.

That was great quality at a tremendous cost. That item in PA at their own meat market probably would've been $4/pound.

While shopping there, just keep an open mind--the savings can be astronomical if you look for the deals. Freezer items won't go bad; neither will the canned goods. Happy Shopping!
hammers

Clinton, TN

#19 Mar 13, 2013
i like the place!
thatsmyman

United States

#20 Mar 13, 2013
I shopped there for the first time a week ago. I got a whole buggy full of food for $80. It is kind of hit and miss..look at the dates! I will shop there again, but will have to also get stuff they don't carry there at the regular grocery store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Smith (Oct '15) 10 hr Hoss 5
Santa in Grove Center, Oak Ridge (Dec '10) 12 hr CAW 13
Red light racism at Charles Sevier and Main 19 hr TN Voter 29
Aisin men (Aug '15) 20 hr nate 49
Who knows the hottie Art in maintenance at Aisin Sat Know him 2
Kevin Perkins @ anderson co jail Fri Past 24
Al Gore Fri Mike Jones 4

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance