What happened at Eagle Bend last Wednesday

Posted in the Clinton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
suzy

Harriman, TN

#1 Feb 14, 2011
I just live a few minutes from there and seen the ambulance. I am used to hearing sirens and all but I heard something life threatening happened. I would like to know if the person is okay.
TommyJ

Harriman, TN

#2 Feb 14, 2011
I heard that this guy got his arm cut off. Strange thing is there were 2 similar incidents around the same time. Same thing happened to another guy at the Clinton ballfield. I hate to hear things like that but at least they both are alive. Praying for the families

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 15, 2011
a temp did have his arm cut off @ Eagle Bend. He has only been there about 9 months.
Who

Gallatin, TN

#4 Feb 16, 2011
That's terrible. I used to know several temps that worked there, before I moved. Who was it?
Cara

Harriman, TN

#5 Feb 16, 2011
That's what I am trying to find out. I think he is still at U. T. hospital. I know a guard down there, so maybe I can ask them. I just hope he can recover from this. I pray for the family!
Friend of the Family

Gallatin, TN

#6 Feb 16, 2011
He is a very nice person - hadn't been working there long. He just recently got married and he and his wife have a 3 or 4 month old baby. They live in Knoxville. Please do keep this family in your prayers - they have have a rough few months with a death in the family, other sicknesses and now this.
Who

Gallatin, TN

#7 Feb 16, 2011
Do you mind telling us his name? I knew quite a few temps down there and would like to visit him if it is someone I know. I promise that is the only reason. I know it's hard to trust people on here. Regardless, I will be praying for him and his family.
Jbird

Knoxville, TN

#8 Feb 17, 2011
I hope he can recover from this. I have heard different stories about what really happened. They don't like to tell you what is going on down there. I know the guard that called 911 for him and feels a little responsible because maybe the ambulance could have came a little quicker. It is the employees job to call 911 first but at least he is still alive. I will be praying for him
Riddle Me This

Greenbrier, TN

#9 Feb 19, 2011
Jbird wrote:
I hope he can recover from this. I have heard different stories about what really happened. They don't like to tell you what is going on down there. I know the guard that called 911 for him and feels a little responsible because maybe the ambulance could have came a little quicker. It is the employees job to call 911 first but at least he is still alive. I will be praying for him
How can it be the employees job to call 911? When a person is injured, they often go into shock. I can only imagine losing a arm and trying to call 911.
corndog

Knoxville, TN

#10 Feb 19, 2011
Riddle Me This wrote:
<quoted text>How can it be the employees job to call 911? When a person is injured, they often go into shock. I can only imagine losing a arm and trying to call 911.
What he was probably trying to say is a employe that is designated to be on first response team is to be the one to call 911. Not the employe that's hurt. When some one gets hurt anyone close by is to code for first responders. And the first responders tend to the hurt employe and if like in this case it was clear to see 911 needed to be call right away. Everyone could have freaked out and was just trying to care to him and that's why the guard steped up and did what was needed to be done. He should not feel bad about when he called just glad he did. I know in this intense moment everyone was trying to help the man and not thinking to make the call. I'm shore a lot in this event was in complete shock over the hole thing
EBM Employee

Knoxville, TN

#11 Mar 4, 2011
I work at EBM and this is how it works. The first response team tends to the injured person. The supervisor calls 911 First then he calls the guard to inform him where in the plant the injured person is located so the guard can direct the ambulance to the injured person. Then the supervisor calls the Health & Safety Director. The Health & Safety Director calls the Plant manager.
There is a possibility the supervisor ask the guard to call 911.
As for everybody running around while the guard stepped up. The guard is located out side the plant there is no way he would have known about the accident until after he was called. And chances are the call woke him up from his nap.
Friend of the Family

Gallatin, TN

#12 Mar 4, 2011
Update - he is out of the hospital and doing ok. Plesae continue to pray for him and his family.
wow

Knoxville, TN

#13 Mar 4, 2011
EBM Employee wrote:
I work at EBM and this is how it works. The first response team tends to the injured person. The supervisor calls 911 First then he calls the guard to inform him where in the plant the injured person is located so the guard can direct the ambulance to the injured person. Then the supervisor calls the Health & Safety Director. The Health & Safety Director calls the Plant manager.
As for everybody running around while the guard stepped up. The guard is located out side the plant there is no way he would have known about the accident until after he was called. And chances are the call woke him up from his nap.
Yea that's how it's labeled to go. Was you there? If so then you would know that's not how it went. Just because you know the steps of how an accident should be handle don't mean anything. I work there and know the steps to. A lot of people work there that probably know them to.
Guard

Knoxville, TN

#14 Mar 5, 2011
EBM Employee wrote:
Why would someone even post this about another individual. Some things are meant to be private!

Wow really! I DO NOT sleep on the job ! Maybe the other guards do. I was the one who actually called 911 thankyou! I am always alert and do my job. The guy who called me was having a panic attack and I actually thought it was a joke. The ambulance got there in a matter of minutes. Maybe some of the employees could get the heads out of there asses every once in awhile. If you are an actual employee say hello to me next time!
RayJay

Knoxville, TN

#15 Mar 5, 2011
Okay let's see how many people need to be drug tested at ebm. Larry Strange for starters. First it was a foot being cut off, a woman dying, arm cut off, broke arm caught in machine,and some guy having chest pains. Yes I worked there during these terrible accidents. I am sorry to be so gruesome but tell me if every employee needs to be drug tested. To the guard, I have alot of respect for you and the others. Maybe other employees should too. There are some rude people that work there so just ignore them and continue doing your job because they don't sign your darn paycheck!Tell em to kiss you ASS!
IworkatEBM

Knoxville, TN

#16 Mar 9, 2011
RayJay its true EBM employees don't sign the guards check but they do the work that makes the money that pays them. If it weren't for us you wouldn't have a job Another thing I have been showing the guard my Sears Card at the gate and he hasn't noticed. He's so alert.
AC Girl

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 10, 2011
IworkatEBM wrote:
RayJay its true EBM employees don't sign the guards check but they do the work that makes the money that pays them. If it weren't for us you wouldn't have a job Another thing I have been showing the guard my Sears Card at the gate and he hasn't noticed. He's so alert.
Well how stupid u are. You need to roll down your window and show the guard your badge
And for one thing the guards are not employed by ebm.
Toby

Gallatin, TN

#18 Mar 11, 2011
ebm-hata wrote:
a temp did have his arm cut off @ Eagle Bend. He has only been there about 9 months.
That's bad. I hope they dont get the two arms mixed up when they reattach them. Be bad if some poor guy wound up with two left arms to go with two left feet. On second thought that might not be all that bad
Joe

Knoxville, TN

#19 Mar 11, 2011
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's bad. I hope they dont get the two arms mixed up when they reattach them. Be bad if some poor guy wound up with two left arms to go with two left feet. On second thought that might not be all that bad
They might actually get some work done and stay off of Topix
IworkatEBM

Knoxville, TN

#20 Mar 12, 2011
Hay AC Girl
We all know the guards are not employed by EBM.
But its obvious you haven't figured out EBM pays for the service. I will say it again Eagle Bend employees do the work that makes the money that pays the guard.
So if I were the guard I wouldn't be on here bad mouthing the people that feeds me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Baptist 1 hr badchristian 1
The Clinton Courier 1 hr bonafide 2
freddy fagan (Jun '12) 8 hr Katz 33
SL or Aisin (Oct '12) 10 hr aisin employee 14
question about court 18 hr grimy phoxx 11
free 19 hr runner 1
yes really (Oct '13) 21 hr truth 11
More from around the web

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE