Labs used to extract meth from urine found in Anderson County

Apr 3, 2009 Full story: Daily Times 18

The Associated Press Originally published: April 03. 2009 9:24AM CLINTON - Law enforcement officers in East Tennessee say they have so far found three methamphetamine operations that extract the illegal drug from urine in Anderson County.

Full Story
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2009
I don't get it....................

“Love it or leave”

Since: May 08

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2009
Its eco friendly.
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2009
I still don't get it. I don't know how to make meth, but what is being extracted from urine and why is it being extracted?
ccrider

Nashville, TN

#4 Apr 3, 2009
eco friendly, hehe....go green!
Soppin da G

Old Hickory, TN

#5 Apr 3, 2009
Awww man, that's just nasty.

“Love it or leave”

Since: May 08

United States

#6 Apr 3, 2009
Makes you wonder whats really in them cow pies at the Pilot.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#7 Apr 3, 2009
Legalize Cannabis wrote:
I still don't get it. I don't know how to make meth, but what is being extracted from urine and why is it being extracted?
As crazy as this is, I actually took time to study up on it. Here ou go:
http://www.mappsd.org/Urine%20Extraction%20La...

Urine Extraction Labs
In December of 2005, a 22-year-old man who apparently wanted to get his money’s worth out of his Meth purchase, tried to extract the remnants of the drug from his own urine after smoking it in a California hotel room. The experiment went sour on the man – he spilled some solvent on himself which burst into flames when he stopped for a smoke break. He set his hand, arm and hotel room on fire. He eventually pleaded no contest to Meth manufacturing charges and received a five-month prison sentence.(Information from Billings Gazette and other online news sources)
As bizarre or disgusting as it seems, there are people who try to extract Meth from urine – their own or from other users. These so called ‘pee labs’ are not new; neither are they very effective. The collection process alone takes days to weeks, and because Meth has a half-life of about 12-hours in a person’s body, a person would need to collect urine all day to recapture just a fraction of a dose of what they took earlier.

But some users think the urine-collection method is safer than the common cooking techniques for Meth manufacturing. Law enforcement in South Dakota as well as in other states find jars and bottles of urine in Meth labs and in users’ homes. While urine-labs may sound less harmful (if more nauseating) than other methods, there are specific dangers associated with them for both the users and those who may raid the lab.

The extraction of the drug from urine adds more risks to the others Meth users face. As part of the normal biological pattern, anything ingested (including Meth and other drugs) travels through a person’s system to the liver and on to the kidneys. The kidneys concentrate all the water-soluble materials and waste products in the urine for excretion. When a person collects urine to try to extract Meth from it, he also is saving proteins, salts, minerals, caffeine and bacteria. Some diseases are also concentrated and passed through urine. There is no exact determination of how much of these products are extracted from urine along with Meth – but whatever is passed on will enter the user’s system in a concentrated form the ‘second time around’.

First responders and law enforcement also need to be aware of the hazards posed by urine extraction labs – in addition to the obvious biological ones. The process of extracting Meth from urine involves a step of creating an organic solvent that is flammable and toxic. From that point, the process includes creating a chemical reaction to ‘salt’ out the Meth that can be explosive.

Anyone who notices containers of a yellow liquid in someone’s garage, refrigerator or property should be wary of the biological and chemical hazards, as well as the potential danger of dealing with a tweaker.
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

#8 Apr 3, 2009
LOL,
Out there,on the highways of America,
some meth junkie might be collecting trucker pee bottles!

And some people think that poison should be legal.
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#9 Apr 3, 2009
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
As crazy as this is, I actually took time to study up on it. Here ou go:
http://www.mappsd.org/Urine%20Extraction%20La...
Urine Extraction Labs
In December of 2005, a 22-year-old man who apparently wanted to get his money’s worth out of his Meth purchase, tried to extract the remnants of the drug from his own urine after smoking it in a California hotel room. The experiment went sour on the man – he spilled some solvent on himself which burst into flames when he stopped for a smoke break. He set his hand, arm and hotel room on fire. He eventually pleaded no contest to Meth manufacturing charges and received a five-month prison sentence.(Information from Billings Gazette and other online news sources)
As bizarre or disgusting as it seems, there are people who try to extract Meth from urine – their own or from other users. These so called ‘pee labs’ are not new; neither are they very effective. The collection process alone takes days to weeks, and because Meth has a half-life of about 12-hours in a person’s body, a person would need to collect urine all day to recapture just a fraction of a dose of what they took earlier.
But some users think the urine-collection method is safer than the common cooking techniques for Meth manufacturing. Law enforcement in South Dakota as well as in other states find jars and bottles of urine in Meth labs and in users’ homes. While urine-labs may sound less harmful (if more nauseating) than other methods, there are specific dangers associated with them for both the users and those who may raid the lab.
The extraction of the drug from urine adds more risks to the others Meth users face. As part of the normal biological pattern, anything ingested (including Meth and other drugs) travels through a person’s system to the liver and on to the kidneys. The kidneys concentrate all the water-soluble materials and waste products in the urine for excretion. When a person collects urine to try to extract Meth from it, he also is saving proteins, salts, minerals, caffeine and bacteria. Some diseases are also concentrated and passed through urine. There is no exact determination of how much of these products are extracted from urine along with Meth – but whatever is passed on will enter the user’s system in a concentrated form the ‘second time around’.
First responders and law enforcement also need to be aware of the hazards posed by urine extraction labs – in addition to the obvious biological ones. The process of extracting Meth from urine involves a step of creating an organic solvent that is flammable and toxic. From that point, the process includes creating a chemical reaction to ‘salt’ out the Meth that can be explosive.
Anyone who notices containers of a yellow liquid in someone’s garage, refrigerator or property should be wary of the biological and chemical hazards, as well as the potential danger of dealing with a tweaker.
Thanks for the post. You never hear about pot smokers doing this..........I guess because pot is not addictive........

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10 Apr 4, 2009
Legalize Cannabis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the post. You never hear about pot smokers doing this..........I guess because pot is not addictive........
You're welcome.
Indeed, pot smokers are way to laid back to do this sort of stuff.

Although, I've heard in the field, men pee on pot to give it weight. Something to think about during the next toke.

Which reminds me...time to bake my wake.

Later~
Charlene Darling

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 4, 2009
Makes you wonder where crack comes from.

Since: Feb 08

Knox Co.

#12 Apr 4, 2009
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
Although, I've heard in the field, men pee on pot to give it weight. Something to think about during the next toke.
Later~
;)

“Is This Thing On?”

Since: Jan 08

Lenoir City, Tennessee

#13 Apr 4, 2009
All I can say about this is YUCK!!! eeeewwww and Dang Stupid! LOL
60 Gunner

United States

#14 Apr 4, 2009
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
Later~
Think i'll join ya !!!!!
daisy

Fort Campbell, TN

#15 Mar 24, 2010
These people are so very very nasty I hope they get chocked while turning up the bottle. I don't think they actually drink it but still they need a good hot soapy shower and then a ass whoopin.
methisthebomb

Tell City, IN

#16 Oct 14, 2010
u people have it all wrong,first of all meth is the shit!you people should try it sometime!ok now i dnt drink the pee which most people do,i myself shoot it up and it is alot better high then smokin,snortin,eatin it or anything else.so let me know when yall try it.in the mean time i got to go find some now that yall got me talkin bout it...see ya!
Jed

Sevierville, TN

#17 Oct 15, 2010
ccrider wrote:
eco friendly, hehe....go green!
Go yello. lol
uummm nasty

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Oct 15, 2010
i use to do meth before i became a mom and i never got that hard up! thats about the most nasty thing ive ever heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Leinart 8 hr DragonBlood 1
Kelly Hayes 14 hr grimy phoxx 8
SL girls Sun dontunderstand3776 4
Courthouse Closed Again our taxes wasted Feb 28 Teddy 14
Melanie Sparks Feb 28 dontunderstand3776 32
To All OBAMA LOVERS Feb 28 Fact Check 22
The guy in the green challenger Feb 27 Tab 1
Clinton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard