bug

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Could someone tell me about the class you have to take.I am interested in taking the class I just don't know what it all pertains to.could anyone give me some insight.please.
Adam

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

I took a 4 hour class for two days to coal creek armory. First 4 hours was nothing but class time. The second day was 2 hours to review and a paper test. Last two hours was shooting range. You shoot 48 rounds total. He let us take notes on the paper test. You got to get at least a 70% on the shooting to pass. He watches over you to make sure you use proper hang gun safety. I know a lot about guns but a learn a lot more by taking this class. You learn gun safety gun laws. Deadly force story's what to do and what not to do while carry. Good luck
curious

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

How far back fr target do you shoot&is target size of targets u buy at walmart or bigger.
LegalCarry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

curious wrote:
How far back fr target do you shoot&is target size of targets u buy at walmart or bigger.
I'm not sure on the furthest... I recently took the class at Coal Creek Armory Outpost and the instructor made us shoot from 40 yards but that was just for a challenge. The shooting was easy, there were a few "older" men and they had no problems seeing the targets :P The class really informs you on the laws of carrying in the state of Tennessee. You may think you know alot about guns but I can assure you you'll learn more about gun safety and rules than you can imagine. Everyone that took the class that day passed, it is easy, and the instructor was willing to help anyway he could. I recommend Coal Creek Armory Outpost. Hope that helps some.
Behind the Wall

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

LegalCarry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure on the furthest... I recently took the class at Coal Creek Armory Outpost and the instructor made us shoot from 40 yards but that was just for a challenge.
Not sure how you shot 40 yards at Coal Creek Outpost as their range is only 50 feet or 17 yards. You must have meant 40 feet.
Anonymous

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

I took my class at frontier firearms and we also shot 48 rounds. 12 from 3 yards, 24 rounds from 7 yards and 12 more rounds from 12 yards. The targets are life size exoskeletons and automatically moved by frontier personnel. You can also rent pistols and buy ammunition if you do not own a pistol. Very great class and a couple different class times and days which makes it easier for scheduling. Hope this helps
OverLord

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

How much do these classes cost? I've been meaning to get my permit, just never got a round toit.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

dont worry about hitting the targets if you ever shot a gun before you wont have a problem its easy
Anonymous

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

OverLord wrote:
How much do these classes cost? I've been meaning to get my permit, just never got a round toit.
Mine was a combo with my wife and it was $90 at frontier firearms. Then you have to pay a state fee at the DMV ad get your fingerprints. That's another $115 or so per person. Hope this is what you were looking for.
CatFan

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Contact Bryan Shroeder at the Anderson County Ambulance Service. His side job with some others is giving carry permit classes. All in one day and very good instructors. Met at Masonic Lodge Hall in Clinton and fired at a private range just over the line in Union County. Started at 8AM and was home and finished by 4PM. Very enjoyable. Paid the $115 to the state at the driver license office and got fingerprinted at Going Postal in Farragut the next day. Got my permit in the mail in just over two weeks!
Anonymous

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Brian Shroeder is a joke. He hands out gun permits to anyone who has $100. No class, no shooting, just turning people loose with firearms. I've shot guns my whole life and I learned new things in my conceal class. Don't take a class from this moron, he is going to get people in trouble eventually...
sdrawkcab daer uoy nac

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I don't know who Brian Shroeder is but he does not "hand out" gun permits. Only the State of TN can do that. It's been quite a few years but I took my class absolutely free from the Roan County Sheriff’s Department. I don’t remember the name of the place where we took the class but the gun range was at the Steam Plant. I took a 22 target pistol and all my shots were in about a 4 inch grouping. There were people there with 357 magnums and such. Their shots were a lot farther apart but everyone passed. Same distances as mentioned above. Fingerprinted in Knoxville. Application at DMV in Clinton. It took a couple of months to get the permit. If you have an other than honorable discharge from the military, a history of mental illness, or a felony record, then don’t bother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Clinton Forum right now

Search the Clinton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 21 min Pete 124,177
zombie jesus! 1 hr Satans Lisp 7
Aisin 2 hr wondering 26
r.i.p Randal Wilcox (Oct '12) 5 hr Pam 62
Jessica Lynn Dugger Tennessee 6 hr canuthrowthe1ststone 20
The Snow Ball Shack In Clinton 7 hr TN Voter 7
Eagle Bend ......who is the guy at at at H 28 ... 10 hr someone 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••