OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,569 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

asdf

Perkins, OK

#30756 Sep 23, 2012
Words wrote:
Here's the joke on America: "liberal thinking and spending"

Republicans at least try to analyze a situation. All liberals can do is turn up the volume, both in decibels and quantity. Trying to introduce any element of logic to a discussion with them is like handing a cell phone to a monkey. Their thinking seems to be: "if it wears a suit and moves its mouth, it must be credible, right?"

How the hell did this come about? What has happened to this country?
"We can't produce scientists and engineers". We can't even produce "1+1=2's" since the Obama Administration has taken over and never ever passing a damn budget for gods sakes!

I guess that golden calf has just come home to roost, except now it's a fool in a suit that wants to keep living in the Whitehouse all the while keep destroying this Nation and everything good it has stood for the last 236 years.

47% of Americans are on the public dole. When Obama took office, it was what?
When you have more people taking money than you have MAKING money, how long is this system sustainable? How the hell did it come to this? A hand up "until" times are better is one thing, a damn handout "forever" is another and especially when it is out of someone else's pocket!

The key word in that is "until", not "forever"!
The majority of the people on welfare and food stamps have no desire to ever get off of them, and if you don't believe that go spend a few days in a welfare office and talk to the ones receiving the benefits.

By encouraging multiple generations to sit their ass on welfare and pump out kids. We went from a nation proud to make things and make something of themselves to a nation that is proud to scam the system by keeping them on the dole.

Obama encourages people to sit on their ass, because the almighty government is your tit to suck on. Romney is saying to stop a lot of those freebies and wants America to return to its former glory, because it CAN be returned to that.

Simple ideology:
One wants you to depend on the Government!
The other wants you to depend on your own work ethic.

Welfare is designed to be a temporary measure, period. Obama adding more people to a failing system in need of overhaul is like pouring kerosene on a lit fire.
Amen to that one too. And it's not just welfare. Let's not forget more kids on government loans for college, forever in debt, Pell Grants, Obamatax, free cell phones, mortgage bailouts, Cash for Clunkers, rebates for appliances, the list goes on
asdf

Perkins, OK

#30757 Sep 23, 2012
And the Dems voted to keep giving them aide.

A government minister in Pakistan has personally offered a $100,000 reward for anyone who kills the man behind an anti-Islam film as deadly riots continue throughout the Arab world.

“I announce today that this blasphemer, this sinner who has spoken nonsense about the holy prophet, anyone who murders him, I will reward him with $100,000,” Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour announced during a news conference Saturday, according to Reuters.

“I invite the Taliban brothers and the Al-Qaeda brothers to join me in this blessed mission,” he said.
I am a Muslim First, Then a Government Representative: Pakistani Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour Personally Offering $100K for Anti Islam Filmmakers Death

A Pakistani demonstrator sets fire to an effigy of President Barack Obama at a protest in Quetta on Sept. 22, 2012.(Getty Images)

Bilour, a member of the left-wing Awami National Party, told CNN he was speaking only on behalf of himself, not the Pakistani government.

“I am a Muslim first, then a government representative,” Bilour said.

At least 15 people have been killed in Pakistan during demonstrations, according to Reuters.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30758 Sep 23, 2012
If Mitt Romney were to declare that his plan for Medicare relied on fairy dust, people would laugh. If he said that he was waiting for Superman—literally Superman, the one with the blue red 'S' and the dangling spit curl—to teach America's children, everyone would assume it was a joke. If Romney swore that bug-eyed aliens were central to his foreign policy, it would generate well-deserved snickers.

And if he said any one of these things over and over, if he insisted they were true, if he included them in nearly every speech, proudly repeated them to the press, and made them the centerpiece of his campaign... if he did that, the laughter would turn sour. Surely Romney wouldn't be able to give a speech without being met with derision. He wouldn't make it through an interview without the media tearing into his ridiculous and unworkable plans. He'd be laughed right out of the race.

So when Mitt Romney declares that his economic plan involves reducing taxes on the wealthy as a means of growing the economy... where's the laughter?
Words

Jenks, OK

#30759 Sep 23, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
If Mitt Romney were to declare that his plan for Medicare relied on fairy dust, people would laugh. If he said that he was waiting for Superman—literally Superman, the one with the blue red 'S' and the dangling spit curl—to teach America's children, everyone would assume it was a joke. If Romney swore that bug-eyed aliens were central to his foreign policy, it would generate well-deserved snickers.
And if he said any one of these things over and over, if he insisted they were true, if he included them in nearly every speech, proudly repeated them to the press, and made them the centerpiece of his campaign... if he did that, the laughter would turn sour. Surely Romney wouldn't be able to give a speech without being met with derision. He wouldn't make it through an interview without the media tearing into his ridiculous and unworkable plans. He'd be laughed right out of the race.
So when Mitt Romney declares that his economic plan involves reducing taxes on the wealthy as a means of growing the economy... where's the laughter?

Insanity doesn't run in your family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally. It is obvious you got very well aquainted.
Words

Jenks, OK

#30760 Sep 23, 2012
Top Ten Reasons Liberals Dislike Mitt Romney:

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura.
Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.

3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet.(How boring is that?)

4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.

5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.

6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter - culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?

7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!

8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America's scorn.

9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.

10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad... and by the way he donated it all to charity.

Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you un-relatable to Americans. My goodness.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#30761 Sep 23, 2012
When we were flying out there were alot of new recruits flying out to another part of their basic training. They ended up being on the same flight as us. So while we were getting ready to board I got to talking to 2 young men and 1 young lady. I asked them where will they be going after they finished training. They said they be deployed to a base but if things don't settle down they will go over seas. My thoughts we they looked so so young that it took my breathe away at the thought of that. The young lady so happened to sit by me on the plane. She said she was from Wisconsin. Besides her folks she had one older brother. She was 23 and the 2 young men I talked to were 19 and 20. She said she had had 2 year of college when she decided to enlist. She woud be in the medic part of the service. She talked about what she hope to be in the future. Towards the end of the flight I told her that this country really appreciated all the service men and women were doing to keep this country safe and even though we donot know you all personally we keep them close to our heart and pray for their safety. Which as I said the words they seemed shallow with so many having been killed and still are. I told her I really enjoyed visiting with her and wished her well.
Later I got to thinking why are people put at the head of countries that are actually no good. Why can't these people learn how to live with in their countries. I wonder why our country has to give up so much in sending our young men and women over there to fight and possibly loose their lives in doing so. But what got me these young men and women seemed so willing to do this American deed. They all should be admired for doing so!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#30762 Sep 23, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
When we were flying out there were alot of new recruits flying out to another part of their basic training. They ended up being on the same flight as us. So while we were getting ready to board I got to talking to 2 young men and 1 young lady. I asked them where will they be going after they finished training. They said they be deployed to a base but if things don't settle down they will go over seas. My thoughts we they looked so so young that it took my breathe away at the thought of that. The young lady so happened to sit by me on the plane. She said she was from Wisconsin. Besides her folks she had one older brother. She was 23 and the 2 young men I talked to were 19 and 20. She said she had had 2 year of college when she decided to enlist. She woud be in the medic part of the service. She talked about what she hope to be in the future. Towards the end of the flight I told her that this country really appreciated all the service men and women were doing to keep this country safe and even though we donot know you all personally we keep them close to our heart and pray for their safety. Which as I said the words they seemed shallow with so many having been killed and still are. I told her I really enjoyed visiting with her and wished her well.
Later I got to thinking why are people put at the head of countries that are actually no good. Why can't these people learn how to live with in their countries. I wonder why our country has to give up so much in sending our young men and women over there to fight and possibly loose their lives in doing so. But what got me these young men and women seemed so willing to do this American deed. They all should be admired for doing so!
==========
Well gee Tamara, "our young men and women" are sent off to war for the benefit of money for you know who. It's certainly not for me and you and many millions more like us. These youngsters are soldiers. They sign up to obey orders and not question them.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30763 Sep 23, 2012
Words wrote:
<quoted text>
Insanity doesn't run in your family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally. It is obvious you got very well aquainted.
How sad that you have nothing to say about politics and instead go for the personal attack. If you have nothing political to say about the situation, why are you here? Trolling, I believe it's called. Your really good at it Heat.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30764 Sep 23, 2012
The tax situation is really skewed up when one can only take $1,000 for their child but someone rich can take tens of thousands for their dancing horse.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#30765 Sep 23, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
The tax situation is really skewed up when one can only take $1,000 for their child but someone rich can take tens of thousands for their dancing horse.
And that's Romneys fault how again?
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30766 Sep 23, 2012
Words wrote:
Top Ten Reasons Liberals Dislike Mitt Romney:
1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura.
Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet.(How boring is that?)
4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.
6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter - culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?
7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!
8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America's scorn.
9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad... and by the way he donated it all to charity.
Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you un-relatable to Americans. My goodness.
President Obama is handsome too and has been married to one woman too and has a beautiful family. But you know all of his credentials and where he went to school too.

One thing Mitt was not editor of the Harvard Law Review like the President. Plus Obama graduated Suma cum laude too. And if you knew anything about that designation then you would know what President Obama's grades where.

I can't believe Romney would let us see his grades, he won't even let us see his taxes like we have requested. Especially when Romney himself was not satisfied with seeing two years from his vice-president hopefuls. Hypocritical don't you think?

Oh I'm sure Romney can come up with a drawl, he managed to make his appearance darker when he went to speak with the Hispanics a couple of days ago. But really he came out a little orange. Spray tans will do that.

Smoking, alcohol and hot beverages like coffee are forbidden by his religion or he won't be ruler of his own planet someday!

He made the money himself because he would raid other companies, saddle them with debt by taking loans which he would pocket the proceeds which bankrupted the company and robbed the workers of their retirements. Yeah, what a guy.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#30767 Sep 23, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Well gee Tamara, "our young men and women" are sent off to war for the benefit of money for you know who. It's certainly not for me and you and many millions more like us. These youngsters are soldiers. They sign up to obey orders and not question them.
Well "gee" WMCOL I was relating How it made me feel. I did not mean to piss you off nor expect you to feel the same as me.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30768 Sep 23, 2012
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's Romneys fault how again?
Well it didn't stop Romney from dissing the 47% did it? Romney was born two steps away from home base and thinks he hit a home run.

Gee, when Romney and Ryan talk about the loopholes they would close in the tax code, all most people hear whispered from them is something that the middle class use, like the mortgage interest deduction on a persons home.

No it wasn't Romneys fault but he plays on the borders of the tax code with his deductions or he wouldn't shelter them out of the country. First candidate for President that has done that too.

And the baloney Romney says about his money is being in a Blind Trust when he himself said that blind trusts are really not blind. That's why his trust sold off the holding he held in Chinese companies in China right before he knew he was going to be the win the Republican nomination.

Most people didn't listen to the whole hour long tape that the put down of the 47% or they would have picked up Romney's discussion of investing in Chinese companies. Gee, there's not enough American companies for Romney to invest in?
Silver7

Norman, OK

#30769 Sep 23, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad that you have nothing to say about politics and instead go for the personal attack. If you have nothing political to say about the situation, why are you here? Trolling, I believe it's called. Your really good at it Heat.
Really?? Have you read what Dusty writes?
Silver7

Norman, OK

#30770 Sep 23, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama is handsome too and has been married to one woman too and has a beautiful family. But you know all of his credentials and where he went to school too.
One thing Mitt was not editor of the Harvard Law Review like the President. Plus Obama graduated Suma cum laude too. And if you knew anything about that designation then you would know what President Obama's grades where.
I can't believe Romney would let us see his grades, he won't even let us see his taxes like we have requested. Especially when Romney himself was not satisfied with seeing two years from his vice-president hopefuls. Hypocritical don't you think?
Oh I'm sure Romney can come up with a drawl, he managed to make his appearance darker when he went to speak with the Hispanics a couple of days ago. But really he came out a little orange. Spray tans will do that.
Smoking, alcohol and hot beverages like coffee are forbidden by his religion or he won't be ruler of his own planet someday!
He made the money himself because he would raid other companies, saddle them with debt by taking loans which he would pocket the proceeds which bankrupted the company and robbed the workers of their retirements. Yeah, what a guy.
Truthfully, we don't know as much as you are stating here, about Obama. His college years are fairly hidden.
Silver7

Norman, OK

#30771 Sep 23, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold it. Romney released 20 years of tax papers last week. Where were you?
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30772 Sep 23, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? Have you read what Dusty writes?
Have you read what Dusty writes about me? I think he's made it clear that he thinks I'm a radical dem, an extremest I believe.

The whole personal thing might be fun sometimes but we are nearing the end of the election and there is plenty of things to consider, plenty.

I only give an hour or two a day right now to Topix because frankly there are more important things to read and consider than personal attacks on people on this board.

But I like to read what Repubs are thinking about but when attacks on the President who we all know by now and he's not some radical mutant Muslim secretly bent on an overthrow of our secular government and turn it into another Iran; my eyes glaze over at the inane stupidity of it. I quite reading then.

And when Dusty goes on a rant about something about pigs and you all, I've mentioned it, but posts from me don't deter Dusty, no, not at all. Gee, if you went to somewhere in the middle of this thread, you would find us going at one another.

But this personal crap is getting to thick in here. You know I just disagree with you in supporting Romney and the rhetoric of present day Republican party. I have some what could be conservative ideas, most people ARE a mix. But until the day we can hold a somewhat of a reasonable convo, I'll just hold them to myself.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30773 Sep 23, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold it. Romney released 20 years of tax papers last week. Where were you?
Did you now know that I used to work for the Internal Revenue Service and I have a degree in Accounting?

Oh, those papers leave so much out that it's not even something I consider even come close to thinking that Romney's being forth coming on his tax returns. Especially the years when he was actually working. Now his income is all investment income. There is a lot of info that he's holding back and that's not even kosher from a person that want's to be our President.

A summary of what he paid into taxes doesn't show squat. He could have been audited and forced to pay more or he could have been a member of that group of Americans that held unreported income in offshore accounts and took advantage of the forgiveness. You should want the info yourself.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#30774 Sep 23, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama is handsome too and has been married to one woman too and has a beautiful family. But you know all of his credentials and where he went to school too.

Obama won't wont let us see any of his documents, his skin is a different damn color every time a camera catches him, coffee is not forbidden by Mormons, and your comments about Romneys business dealings are lies. Next.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#30775 Sep 23, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>Well it didn't stop Romney from dissing the 47% did it? Romney was born two steps away from home base and thinks he hit a home run.

Gee, when Romney and Ryan talk about the loopholes they would close in the tax code, all most people hear whispered from them is something that the middle class use, like the mortgage interest deduction on a persons home.

No it wasn't Romneys fault but he plays on the borders of the tax code with his deductions or he wouldn't shelter them out of the country. First candidate for President that has done that too.

And the baloney Romney says about his money is being in a Blind Trust when he himself said that blind trusts are really not blind. That's why his trust sold off the holding he held in Chinese companies in China right before he knew he was going to be the win the Republican nomination.

Most people didn't listen to the whole hour long tape that the put down of the 47% or they would have picked up Romney's discussion of investing in Chinese companies. Gee, there's not enough American companies for Romney to invest in?
Well GEE, you still didn't tell us how the difference in tax deductions are Romneys fault. GEE, all you did was give us another long winded rant tht has nothing to do with the discussion that was being had. GEE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leave it alone Trysta 7 hr Stop gossiping 4
Hitting on my daughter Fri Bad mom 3
SWOSU grants Muslim students prayer room Fri Bottom Line 5
reward Jul 2 please help 1
Kailar haggard? Jun 30 dont care 2
girl Jun 28 amazing 1
Scum Jun 28 Hey 9
More from around the web

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE