Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33158 Aug 24, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that income inequality in the US is Obama's fault? The divergence started about 1980.
http://www.cbpp.org/images/cms/11-28-11pov-f1...
Tax cuts for the wealthy were supposed to "trickle down" to the middle class and spur job growth. But it didn't happened when Reagan cut taxes on the wealthy or when George W. Bush cut taxes on the wealthy. But it did increase the budget deficit (as had been predicted by the opponents of those tax cuts) and increased income disparity.
"...supply-side tax cuts, since they donít have the growth effects that their adherents tout, are causally linked to structural budget deficits ..."
"...over time and across advanced economies, lower marginal tax rates are associated with greater income inequality but not with faster growth."
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/On-the-Econ...
Nuh-uh. New liberals old liberals. I know a guy whose brother owns a business.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33159 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you believe is that the reason the rich are getting richer and everyone else is getting poorer is because the government has made it too hard on the rich guys and too easy for the poor guys?
Does that really make sense to you?
No. What I'm saying is that job creation is the solution because if you have more jobs than workers, employers have to pay more to attract those workers. Again.....supply and demand. That helps on the working side of the scale.

On the wealthy side, how did they get that wealth? From whom?

Sure, they have made some great money in the stock market, but not all of their money is in the market. Who is responsible for them getting all this money?

The answer is you are responsible. Not just you, but all of us here.

Sometime this week, most of us will transfer our money to the top. We might buy a Microsoft program--a multi-billion dollar company. We may stop at McDonald's, Wendy's or Burger King, all billion dollar corporations. We may buy a new cell phone, buy more cell phone service or a new set of tires. Maybe we will take a ride downtown to watch a baseball game, a field of millionaires playing ball owned by a company or person that paid hundreds of millions to buy them. But we will transfer our hard earned money to the top.

Okay, now that we electively transferred that money to the top, shouldn't government take some of their money and give it back to us? Well, they could, but then it would only be fair we return their products back to them, don't you think?

How is it the wealthy keep getting wealthier? The answer is that there are more things to buy today then let's say 30 years ago, and we bought even less 50 years ago. Most companies also do with less employees due to automation. While the initial investment might set them back, in the long run, they make out because robots don't need medical coverage, vacations, unemployment insurance, workman's compensation or have unions. Machines just work by turning them on.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/william...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33160 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What I'm saying is that job creation is the solution because if you have more jobs than workers, employers have to pay more to attract those workers. Again.....supply and demand. That helps on the working side of the scale.
On the wealthy side, how did they get that wealth? From whom?
Sure, they have made some great money in the stock market, but not all of their money is in the market. Who is responsible for them getting all this money?
The answer is you are responsible. Not just you, but all of us here.
Sometime this week, most of us will transfer our money to the top. We might buy a Microsoft program--a multi-billion dollar company. We may stop at McDonald's, Wendy's or Burger King, all billion dollar corporations. We may buy a new cell phone, buy more cell phone service or a new set of tires. Maybe we will take a ride downtown to watch a baseball game, a field of millionaires playing ball owned by a company or person that paid hundreds of millions to buy them. But we will transfer our hard earned money to the top.
Okay, now that we electively transferred that money to the top, shouldn't government take some of their money and give it back to us? Well, they could, but then it would only be fair we return their products back to them, don't you think?
How is it the wealthy keep getting wealthier? The answer is that there are more things to buy today then let's say 30 years ago, and we bought even less 50 years ago. Most companies also do with less employees due to automation. While the initial investment might set them back, in the long run, they make out because robots don't need medical coverage, vacations, unemployment insurance, workman's compensation or have unions. Machines just work by turning them on.
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/william...
So President Obama should tell Americans to stop buying things?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33161 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
No, just the complainers about the wealthy should just quit buying things if they don't like money being transferred to the top.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33162 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it just be simpler to say that you can't answer the question?
Wouldn't it just be simpler to say that you don't want to hear the truth.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33163 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Right. That is why I am asking you to educate me. I'll wait.
here is what it means.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Idiocity
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33164 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Obama should donate all of his money and possessions to the poor, set an example. He should stop blowing our tax money on golfing and all other personal entertainment which is everyday. Stop Eric Holder from using federal planes to go to horse races with his daughter and her boyfriend.

woof
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#33165 Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton did and also gave China Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status too in 1993.
Statement on Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status for China
May 28, 1993
the American people won a tremendous victory as a majority of the House of Representatives joined me in adopting our plan to revitalize America's economic future.
Today Members of Congress have joined me to announce a new chapter in United States policy toward China.
I am happy to have with me today key congressional leaders on this issue. I am also honored to be joined by representatives of the business community and several distinguished Chinese student leaders. Their presence here is a tangible symbol of the unity of our purpose. I particularly want to recognize Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell of Maine and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi of California. Their tireless dedication to the cause of freedom in China has given voice to our collective concerns. I intend to continue working closely with Congress as we pursue our China policy.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/...
President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =b3ooMrgXidoXX
Bill Clinton signs NAFTA into law -- December 8, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Since NAFTA was brought up, it is worth noting that BOTH 1/2's of Congress was a Democrat majority
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33166 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just the complainers about the wealthy should just quit buying things if they don't like money being transferred to the top.
You were blaming President Obama for the wide gap in wealth distribution. You have made a couple of posts since but have yet to explain what you believe he did to cause this and what you think he should do to address it. So, how about it?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33167 Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't it just be simpler to say that you don't want to hear the truth.
What truth is that? All you have written in response to the question is bad jokes and the word "liberal."
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33168 Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>here is what it means.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Idiocity
Again, a lame deflection. You guys have nothing.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#33169 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
You didn't really explain what Obama has done to create this wealth disparity. But let's assume it is because of "federal money being pumped into the stock market." What should the President be doing to address the wealth disparity?
What middle class workers still have any of the 'shovel ready jobs'? And most of The companies that hired & didn't hire these workers from these shovel ready job funds would likely have done better especially in the short run. At least they were able to put the money to work in some fashion to better serve the company. Workers fed their families, paid for housing & utilities etc & now their money is gone.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33170 Aug 24, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
What middle class workers still have any of the 'shovel ready jobs'? And most of The companies that hired & didn't hire these workers from these shovel ready job funds would likely have done better especially in the short run. At least they were able to put the money to work in some fashion to better serve the company. Workers fed their families, paid for housing & utilities etc & now their money is gone.
I have no idea what you just tried to say.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#33171 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I tried to keep short so as to not lend to confusion & or misunderstanding. I'll keep it shorter next time.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33172 Aug 24, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to keep short so as to not lend to confusion & or misunderstanding. I'll keep it shorter next time.
It's not the length. It's the meaningless sentences, like this, "And most of The companies that hired & didn't hire these workers from these shovel ready job funds would likely have done better especially in the short run."

That makes absolutely no sense. If writing shorter sentences helps you write coherently though, please do so.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33173 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
The stimulus was a failure
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33174 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
You were blaming President Obama for the wide gap in wealth distribution. You have made a couple of posts since but have yet to explain what you believe he did to cause this and what you think he should do to address it. So, how about it?
I just wrote three or four paragraphs on it. Sorry you couldn't follow.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33175 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And not a single one of those paragraphs mentioned one thing President Obama did to create the situation nor a single thing you think he should do to correct it.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33176 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I just looked back at your post and you mentioned two things. You said that Obama is too hard on business and that he needs to cut welfare. So you think that to cure the gap between the richest and the poorest, he should make life easier for the richest and harder for the poorest. That makes a lot of sense.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#33177 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and it was another skipping LP saying the same thing over and over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canal Fulton Music Emporium (Oct '12) Dec '14 Musikologist 12
Summit County jury deliberates capital case aga... Oct '14 Green eye 2
WWII Veteran from Clinton Missing Photo Oct '14 Doug Campbell 1
centerville (Jun '14) Jul '14 Zappa 2
Daughter of slain couple jailed in drug case, s... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Norm 7
New Fairfield County Republican Party chairman ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 They cannot kill ... 1
Police arrest neighborhood canvasser in Canal F... (Jan '08) Apr '14 MUMBATASH 25
Clinton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:30 am PST

Bleacher Report 3:30AM
Browns' Ultimate Free Agency to-Do List
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM