Shore delight

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Crisp perch draws diners to the Jolly Rancher Seafood House in Port Clinton. The floral clock is a longtime tradition in the Lake Erie town.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2009
TJL

Westerville, OH

#1 Aug 30, 2009
The north coast has tons to offer in the summertime. Each town along the lake is a awesome place for a day or weekend trip. Growing up in that area it is sometimes easy for me to take it forgranted.
The great perch that is pictured is from "Jolly Roger" not "Jolly Rancher." This is some of the best that you will ever taste.
Paulette

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Aug 30, 2009
My husband is from Sandusky. He had summer jobs at Cedar Point. Being from SW Ohio, it was a lot of fun to visit his family, although it seemed a lot colder up there in the winter. We enjoyed the Merry-Go-Round Museum, riding to Put-in-Bay on a boat, eating fresh perch and walking downtown. A visit to Mantey's winery and Mon Ami back in the '70s was always high on the list.
Sharon

Ft Mitchell, KY

#3 Aug 31, 2009
The fish restaurant in Port Clinton is "Jolly Rogers". For fish, also try the New Sandusky Fish Co. down on Water Street(I think that is the street's name) It sits right on Sandusky Bay and you must carry out or eat at picnic tables facing the Bay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 30,474
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
centerville Jul '14 Zappa 2
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 231
Canal Fulton Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 11
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
•••
•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Clinton News, Events & Info