Cooey death clock ticking

Cooey death clock ticking

There are 132 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 24, 2008, titled Cooey death clock ticking. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

More than five years ago, Richard Wade Cooey was primed for execution. In the summer of 2003, his clemency was denied by then-Gov. Bob Taft and weeks later, he was moved to the death-house cell at the Southern ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Marykay

United States

#133 Aug 31, 2008
Juanita wrote:
Make no mistake, the death penalty does not deter crime. If you have any doubt, go to your library and read Delfino and Day's capital punishment books, Death Penalty USA 2003 - 2004 and/or Death Penalty USA 2005 - 2006. A word of warning: these books describe some of the most horrific and gruesome murders imaginable and if you are like me you'll get nightmares.
I take it you don't know the details on this murder. What part of it do you consider non-horrific and non-gruesome? How would you like to be driving down the road and ... How about you read the details and try to get a very good nights sleep and then go for a good long drive in the morning.
topsy

Fishers, IN

#134 Oct 14, 2008
How about doing to him what he did to them??? Let him see how it feels!

As for the person who stated he be referred to as "weight challenged". No way! He wasn't weight challenged when he went to prison. WE fed him too damn well. He probably ate better than most of us if not all of us. Did you read what he requested for his 'supposedly last meal'? OMG Again..WE fed him wayyyyyyyyy too damn well.
Brian

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#135 Oct 14, 2008
Our tax dollars hard at work keeping this pig alive. Is he dead yet

“Suga Mama”

Since: Dec 07

Akron

#136 Oct 14, 2008
Well, I guess he wasn't so fat after all huh?
BILLYBOB

United States

#138 Oct 14, 2008
another one bites the dust-HEY HEY

Since: Jul 07

Anytown, USA

#139 Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, they had noooo problems finding a vein :)
Well rootvg

Lorain, OH

#140 Mar 13, 2009
...we have the noose ready...jump anythome.
rootvg wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Utah still offers firing squad as an option.
Personally, I like the idea of hanging a little better.
Marykay

United States

#141 Mar 13, 2009
I hope he stays in hell with the devil twice as long as his appeals. The only thing he eats in hell is fire. He's probably lost a lot of weight by now.
garrison ky

Wallingford, KY

#142 Mar 14, 2009
what did he do i cant get nothin out of the article link
Marykay

United States

#143 Mar 14, 2009
The two women were headed home and he threw a rock at their car from a bridge over interstate 77 in West Akron.After he disabled their care- He abducted, raped and killed two woman. These two young women were ages 20 and 21. Cooey the murderer was age 19 when he committed this crime. The beast appealed for 21 years and was Finally put to death last Oct.2008.
well rootvg

Lorain, OH

#145 Jul 13, 2009
is it better for fat people?
rootvg wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/overview.h...
Hanging is surprisingly popular these days.
Even the Japanese use it.
Layla

Marietta, GA

#146 Jul 20, 2009
it is so sad...there are no winners in this one either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton's top five vice presidential picks May '16 inbred Genius 11
News Duo lured New Franklin man to be robbed at knif... Apr '16 Bwitch 4
News Walsh Jesuit Teacher Suspended After DUI Arrest (Aug '10) Mar '16 BBBBB 105
News Council dust-up ends in court (May '08) Jan '16 Nelson075 12
Canal Fulton Music Emporium (Oct '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 14
News Summit County Council recognizes City of Norton (Oct '15) Oct '15 Pale Ryder 3
police harassment (Nov '12) Jul '15 upright citizen 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages