Cooey death clock ticking

Cooey death clock ticking

There are 132 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 24, 2008, titled Cooey death clock ticking. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

More than five years ago, Richard Wade Cooey was primed for execution. In the summer of 2003, his clemency was denied by then-Gov. Bob Taft and weeks later, he was moved to the death-house cell at the Southern ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Mary Jane Man

Richfield, OH

#1 Aug 24, 2008
I hope that fat pig gets the needle ASAP. A more sadistic way of execution would be more appropriate, but that would constitute "cruel and unusual punishment". I wonder if they thought the way he killed his victims was cruel and unusual. Let's hope Bevan Walsh doesn't screw up this time. The day that overweight hog meets Satan, I'll be having an ice cold beer to celebrate justice.
THE BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Aug 25, 2008
COOYEY FOUND A MORAL COMPASS IN PRISON, HMMM I'LL BET THE COMPASS TAKES HIS WORTHLESS FAT @SS TO THE DEVIL HIMSELF.
the fat dago

Westland, MI

#3 Aug 25, 2008
I think they should cook his worthless ***! Strap his fat *** down on old sparky and I'll come down and pull the switch. We will listen to his fat *** fry. Then I'll go have a beer with Mary Jane Man.
hurry up

Tulsa, OK

#4 Aug 25, 2008
i was 16 yrs old when this happened and remember it well...the prison could fry his fat *** and the prisioners would eat real bacon for a month or two...or give this punk 1 slice of bread and all the toliet water he wants daily and i promise a vein will be found...or just posion his last meal you know his fat *** will eat it!HURRY UP ALREADY HIS DADDY SATAN WANTS HIM HOME AND SO DO I
Pete

Canton, OH

#5 Aug 25, 2008
Too bad Dickens was a juvenile then and can't be executed too.
BILLYBOB

United States

#6 Aug 25, 2008
string the freek up in downtown Akron-hand out 10 darts to each person to throw at fat-boy then let him hang there and bake a few days without water or food-give him a slow miserable death and let us hear him cry and wimper and plead for his life like the pussy he is-then he can join Joel Yockey in hell and fry daily.Just shut up and die you crispy critter.
Real Deal

AOL

#7 Aug 25, 2008
a bullit would be quicker , but he deserves pain long n slow. i hope the last thought is about those young girls.and hell is where he is going
POTUS

AOL

#9 Aug 25, 2008
It is way past time for the PRICK to have taken place, it will just take a longer needle NOW!
second rate

Akron, OH

#10 Aug 25, 2008
cooey- stop being a whiney b*t#h. you did it, you were sentenced to die for it, and you've had more than your share of appeals. stop wasting our time and money and get it over with. unfortunately, that needle could not possibly be as painful as what you did to those girls. hurry up and die you fat s.o.b. hell's waiting for you.
YO YO

Warren, OH

#11 Aug 25, 2008
Wasnt there a 3rd person involved with this?what ever happened to him.You mean my tax dollars went to this guy to get this damn fat?what a joke,kill him already!!

Since: Aug 08

Cleveland, OH

#12 Aug 25, 2008
Real Deal wrote:
a bullit would be quicker , but he deserves pain long n slow. i hope the last thought is about those young girls.and hell is where he is going
And cheaper for us taxpayers. Isn't there still a state that offers firing squad as an option? Nevada or something like that?
John Lewis

Mansfield, OH

#13 Aug 25, 2008
Lets hear about the victims. Lets think the horror they went through because of his intended actions to rape,rob & murder.

Now After realizing the fear,the torture, the rape. I think death is a very good sentgence.

Think again about the victim. Think of the victims family and the tremendous sorrow they endured. Again lets think about the victim.
commonsense

United States

#14 Aug 25, 2008
fry this fat bastard already please..sick and tired of his name in my paper and i'm sure his victims families are too!
Emmi

Cleveland, OH

#15 Aug 25, 2008
I am sure his victims wanted to live also but due to Cooey's actions, he took their lives away. Now this man must pay for his actions with his life.
Perhaps he should have thought about this before killing this victims.
wow

Avon Lake, OH

#16 Aug 25, 2008
He didn't act like an abused child when I saw him in high school. He had friends and acted like a partying freak who was only out for a good time instead of an education. How did he stay fat after all these years in prison? It seems like they could limit the food intake better than that.
Jay

Columbus, OH

#17 Aug 25, 2008
He is complaining he is too fat for lethal injection...how about just putting a bullet through him. He isn't too fat for that.
Tom Action Jackson

New Philadelphia, OH

#18 Aug 25, 2008
Veteran that is Fair wrote:
<quoted text>
And cheaper for us taxpayers. Isn't there still a state that offers firing squad as an option? Nevada or something like that?
I think it's Utah I read the story about Gary Gillmore years ago he by passed all the apeals and took the bullits (don't knolw about Nevada)
scott

Youngstown, OH

#19 Aug 25, 2008
I wish we could send copies of these comments directly too his cell in the days following his just rewards, he deserves to know what society thinks of him and how easy he is getting off by just getting a needle in his arm. If given over to society I am afraid cruel and unusual would be an understatement.
Alina

Dayton, OH

#20 Aug 25, 2008
My prayers go out to the family of the victims. I hope it finally happens this time so they can have some closure.
Dawn

Akron, OH

#21 Aug 25, 2008
I agree with Jay. It's a shame what these people will try to do just to get out of the death chair! Pityful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Mar 28 Randy Miller 7
Topia Place abandoned? (Aug '08) Mar '17 also an unsub 12
News Hillary Lost. Should We Care? Mar '17 kuda 8
News Ohio, Michigan electors say they won't switch v... Dec '16 American Man 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in Columbus area Saturday (Oct '16) Oct '16 Clinton-JobsOutso... 6
News Obama to campaign for Clinton, Ohio Dems as 201... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 62
News Hillary Clinton's top five vice presidential picks (May '16) Oct '16 Le Jimbo 20

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages