Two survive forced landing of plane f...

Two survive forced landing of plane from Columbus | The Columbus Di...

There are 9 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Two survive forced landing of plane from Columbus | The Columbus Di.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Two men flying home from a golf outing in Columbus had a lucky landing when their plane landed in trees after a mechanical failure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Progress

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 4, 2010
breathalizer?
Progress

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 4, 2010
Glad everyone is safe.
marianne

Grove City, OH

#3 Jun 4, 2010
Way to land it Sully.

“Bearadise Comments”

Since: Jul 09

Marietta, OH

#4 Jun 4, 2010
Progress wrote:
breathalizer?
Go back and read it again. It says "mechanical failure".
Interesting

Dallas, TX

#6 Jun 4, 2010
I agree "breathalizer", heading home from a "golf outing", my guess the Memorial tournament and a house party!
Chas Lindburgh

Odessa, FL

#7 Jun 4, 2010
Progress(ive) and Interesting(not)- consider this: The incidence of positive alcohol tests in pilots is 0.16%. That is almost statistically unmeasurable. Alcohol certainly is NOT the first thing that comes to a thinking persons mind when they read this small article - especially when "mechanical failure" was already identified as the cause of the landing.
LancLink

Loveland, OH

#8 Jun 4, 2010
2 things:
1st, it's Lindbergh, and
2nd, mechanical failure is just code for, the pilot is also the 'mechanic' and he 'failed'.:)
Chas Lindburgh wrote:
Progress(ive) and Interesting(not)- consider this: The incidence of positive alcohol tests in pilots is 0.16%. That is almost statistically unmeasurable. Alcohol certainly is NOT the first thing that comes to a thinking persons mind when they read this small article - especially when "mechanical failure" was already identified as the cause of the landing.
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 4, 2010
LancLink wrote:
2 things:
1st, it's Lindbergh, and
2nd, mechanical failure is just code for, the pilot is also the 'mechanic' and he 'failed'.:)
<quoted text>
You mean he's not the real Charles Lindbergh?
Progress

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 4, 2010
Chas Lindburgh wrote:
This is far less exact but I would say the incidence of a positive alcohol test at a golf outing is close to 99.23%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manchester Video Store... Red head that worked ... Jun '17 Panther dad 94 1
News Feds OK plan to sell Norton Homes (Feb '08) May '17 leechy 9
Canal Fulton Music Emporium (Oct '12) May '17 Musikologist 16
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Randy Miller 7
Topia Place abandoned? (Aug '08) Mar '17 also an unsub 12
News Hillary Lost. Should We Care? Mar '17 kuda 8
News Ohio, Michigan electors say they won't switch v... (Dec '16) Dec '16 American Man 4

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages