Clinton tells Lockheed Martin employees she will work for jobs

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton told a group of several hundred Lockheed Martin employees this afternoon that she would work to create more opportunities and keep jobs in America.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bobbi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

and Ms. Clinton, how would you do just that ???? can you give us examples during your years in office of how you created jobs ??? your feelings towards NAFTA ?? and the lowering of wages of many industries in America due to hiring 'foreign workers'.(meat packing and construction, for example pay has decreased to the point the average American cannot support a family on these wages.)(The Tyson plant layoff, thousand lost their jobs, yet the 400 Somalians brought in a couple of years ago keep their job since they will take a huge paycut). Ms. Clinton, I want to hear solutions not campaign promises that disappear as soon as the Oath of Office is said.
Chinagate

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Chinagate.info - The only thing she will work for is selling out our national security to the Communist Chinese like her treasonous husband did through Loral (bought by Lockheed Martin)and Bernie Schwartz. For a good background on this go to "Chinagate.info"
Robert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Those first two nutjobs are pathetic adn spreading absolute lies, LOL. They are ridiculous. I work for Lockheed Martin which previously was Loral in Akron, and that is absolutely a joke. Get your facts straight and read legitimate writings, not propaganda, you nutcases
Invited Guests

Chardon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Who were they?
U R Correct

Chardon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Chinagate wrote:
Chinagate.info - The only thing she will work for is selling out our national security to the Communist Chinese like her treasonous husband did through Loral (bought by Lockheed Martin)and Bernie Schwartz. For a good background on this go to "Chinagate.info"
Hilary HATES the military. There goes all those Lockheed Martin jobs.
Greg Neubeck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Reviewing Hillary's methodical playing of the "Race card", and "The Perpetual Victim" against Obama; and, her recent commentary on Iraq; Pakistan; Energy Policy; the need for her to control the 14 Trillion $ American Economy from her White House Politburo (this from a woman who hasn't managed so much as a corner vegetable stand, or for that matter her own marriage; but, of course you could count Whitewater, and her tenure as "Madam" for Bill's White House Brothel); her Marxist statement in San Francisco: "We're going to have to take more from you, and give it to others for the common good."; Illegal Immigration; Taxes; Infanticide; Massive new Government spending; Multi million $ Senate earmarks for supporters of Hillary's Presidential campaign; Garnishing of your wages to fund her coveted Socialized medicine program; and, the Clinton's history of emasculating the military, verifies that this grievously flawed woman would be the female version of the Jimmy Carter debacle that gave us the Ayatollah Khomeini who ushered in rampant Islamic radicalism; block-long lines at our gasoline stations; a severely hollow military; and, a record Misery Index. Only much worse. Considering all of her recent gaffes, e.g. "I voted FOR IT (referring to the Bankruptcy Bill); but, I was glad to see that it didn't pass."; and, her increasingly frequent crying jags, one has to wonder if excessive use of Botox has affected her mental stability. It's no wonder that her campaign staff is shielding her from reporter and audience unscripted questions. The prospect of Madam Hillary as President; in a word: TERRIFYING. Greg Neubeck
Republican Realist

La Jolla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Gee, how do you keep defense jobs when you are getting out of the war on terror? Hitlery, you're lying like Bill again..........shame on you gutter slut!
kenny

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

The government does not create jobs. Private companies do. If she taxes the hell out of them like she wants to, they will not hire people and be forced to lay people off. Enough of this resentment towards the rich. When was the last time a poor person gave you a job? let her talk all she wants, she will not win the nomination.
dspell29

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

If any one believes a word out of her mouth, then please TransUnion me $50,000.00 (must be before 11:00 pm eastern) I will supply you with the winning lottery ticket numbers.

ps: I will submit those numbers at 11:35pm Eastern
Son of Grump

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Piss on Her "Thighness" the "Hildabeast".
Distinction

Chardon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Yahweh on Rye wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
She gets as much money from the defense industry as the Republicans get.
She's a hawk as well, very, very interested in not pissing off one of the US' biggest industries.
Hilary, the Woodstock hippie freak, hates the miliary. She always has. When in the White House, she would not allow military people to wear their uniforms. A TOTAL SLAP IN THE FACE.

Now as far as campaign juice, I am sure she takes Defense Contractor donations, but once in Office, we will cut and run in Iraq and the miliary will be downsized to save money and the contractors will go with it. Too bad L-M does not understand this. Bill did it and so will Hilary. Look at Darfur. Blackhawk down and the whole operation was micromanaged in the White House. We got a bloody nose and Bill took off running, pawning it off on the UN. In the interim, thousands have died in Darfur, thousands. Much more than in Iraq under Bush.
bobbi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Robert wrote:
Those first two nutjobs are pathetic adn spreading absolute lies, LOL. They are ridiculous. I work for Lockheed Martin which previously was Loral in Akron, and that is absolutely a joke. Get your facts straight and read legitimate writings, not propaganda, you nutcases
My facts are not propaganda. we have refugee resettlement programs, and if the plant lays off the worker can transfer in many cases. some refugees are left behind to survive on American welfare. as for Tyson, some towns were 'stuck' with the refugees who had no means of support. Now, we have American natives who are layed-off, while these refugees keep their jobs in another town. Next, check out the meat-packing industry. Used to pay $18 an hour, till the pool of immigrants flooded the USA. Now companies can hire them, and drop the pay to less than $10 an hour w/o benefits. Just last year here in Ohio, Madison greenhouses hired in Mexicans through a US government program. The employers could only pay $7 an hour (due to increased cheap imports), so the government trucked in Mexicans and through in a couple of bucks an hour to bring the wage to $10 an hour. The problem is not jobs, the problem is outsourcing. the cheap dollar wins. And for the Lockhead worker, Cessna is looking at building the planes outside of the US. again, lower labor costs. Robert, you could be next....
http://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com...
Dennis Kukcinich

Chardon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Hilary favors the defense contactors, i favor the dept. of Peace. vote for me.
UALaw

Painesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

So, Lint-trap goes to Military Industrial Complex contractor Lockheed Martin, a company whose arrival in Akron eliminated thousands of good paying jobs, to tell a few hundred people who are making $50k+ a year that she's fighting for jobs. How about if she'd hang a right on to I77 and talk to the people suffering a few income brackets below?
UALaw

Painesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

dspell29 wrote:
If any one believes a word out of her mouth, then please TransUnion me $50,000.00 (must be before 11:00 pm eastern) I will supply you with the winning lottery ticket numbers.
ps: I will submit those numbers at 11:35pm Eastern
They can give me $50k too, i have a rich Sultan uncle in Nigeria worth billions. He will gladly share his fortune with us if we can wire him $50k to get him out of the country...
Yahweh on Rye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Distinction wrote:
Hilary, the Woodstock hippie freak, hates the miliary. She always has.
She may very well hate them, but she is such an opportunist that she won't forget what side her bread is buttered on. Not only that, she is one of the biggest hawks on the Democrat side AND HAS BEEN for quite a while - her voting record bears that out.
When in the White House, she would not allow military people to wear their uniforms. A TOTAL SLAP IN THE FACE.
If this is even true, it's a total non-issue. In our country - and this is one of THE most important distinctions of the American form of government - the military is subservient to civilian command, who was at the time, Bill. Even if Bill was simply "following Hill's orders", that's entirely his prerogative as civilian commander.
Now as far as campaign juice, I am sure she takes Defense Contractor donations, but once in Office, we will cut and run in Iraq and the miliary will be downsized to save money and the contractors will go with it.
Neither you nor I know that at all. "Cutting and running" in Iraq will almost certainly not affect Lockheed's facility in Akron, since nearly the entire operations are higher-tech, longer-term contracts than what is currently in use over there. Not to mention the foreign business...
Too bad L-M does not understand this.
Too bad you don't understand the defense industry.
Look at Darfur. Blackhawk down and the whole operation was micromanaged in the White House.
Please tell me you meant to separate these two issues. Otherwise, you betray your own lack of understanding of...well...much of anything.

(hint: Darfur is in Sudan (western Sudan, at that), and the genocide is a relatively recent event. "Blackhawk Down" was a book and a movie based on an incident that had its roots in Bush Sr. and the UN's handling of SOMALIA, a country many hundreds of miles east of Darfur. Bill managed to make a bad situation worse, though.)
We got a bloody nose and Bill took off running, pawning it off on the UN. In the interim, thousands have died in Darfur, thousands. Much more than in Iraq under Bush.
Quit conflating Sudan and Somalia.
are you nuts

Mantua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

I don't like her either and won't vote for her but she couldn't possibly be any worse than the drunken piece of crap we have now. Bush screwed all of us unless you were mega rich. Sorry but this guy will not be missed and anyone that replaces him will be alot better.
Yahweh on Rye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

UALaw wrote:
So, Lint-trap goes to Military Industrial Complex contractor Lockheed Martin, a company whose arrival in Akron eliminated thousands of good paying jobs, to tell a few hundred people who are making $50k+ a year that she's fighting for jobs. How about if she'd hang a right on to I77 and talk to the people suffering a few income brackets below?
Actually, she purposely avoided the salaried employees for a photo-op with the couple dozen (out of about 600-700 total) who are union guys (guys who apparently weren't too thrilled with her appearance).
Nope

Chardon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Yahweh on Rye wrote:
<quoted text>
She may very well hate them, but she is such an opportunist that she won't forget what side her bread is buttered on. Not only that, she is one of the biggest hawks on the Democrat side AND HAS BEEN for quite a while - her voting record bears that out.
<quoted text>
If this is even true, it's a total non-issue. In our country - and this is one of THE most important distinctions of the American form of government - the military is subservient to civilian command, who was at the time, Bill. Even if Bill was simply "following Hill's orders", that's entirely his prerogative as civilian commander.
<quoted text>
Neither you nor I know that at all. "Cutting and running" in Iraq will almost certainly not affect Lockheed's facility in Akron, since nearly the entire operations are higher-tech, longer-term contracts than what is currently in use over there. Not to mention the foreign business...
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't understand the defense industry.
<quoted text>
Please tell me you meant to separate these two issues. Otherwise, you betray your own lack of understanding of...well...much of anything.
(hint: Darfur is in Sudan (western Sudan, at that), and the genocide is a relatively recent event. "Blackhawk Down" was a book and a movie based on an incident that had its roots in Bush Sr. and the UN's handling of SOMALIA, a country many hundreds of miles east of Darfur. Bill managed to make a bad situation worse, though.)
<quoted text>
Quit conflating Sudan and Somalia.
You have lost touch, if you ever had it.
Former Akronite

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

I now live in Melbourne, Florida. The economy in Melbourne is all government defense. Lockheed, Harris, Northrop/Grumman, Drs, NASA(30 min. north of Melbourne).....The list goes on. Here is an economics lesson.....When Democrats are in office, the economy expands. It does this by an increase in government spending, which is one of the quickest ways to repair a recession. I would take higher taxes over the recession that we are in any day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance