Prosecutor: Ohio officers justified i...

Prosecutor: Ohio officers justified in shooting

There are 11 comments on the Port Clinton News Herald story from Sep 7, 2008, titled Prosecutor: Ohio officers justified in shooting. In it, Port Clinton News Herald reports that:

The Summit County prosecutor says two Akron police officers were justified when they shot and killed a man in July, a finding that clears the officers of possible criminal charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Port Clinton News Herald.

“We Have Lost Our Minds”

Since: Jul 08

Kent, Ohio

#1 Sep 7, 2008
Walsh got this one right. It should have never taken this long being that it was obvious from the start that these officers were justified in their actions.
Interesting

Cleveland, OH

#2 Sep 8, 2008
I find it interesting that ever since Ohio.com 's decision to make people register their comments created such an outrage, that there would still be tons of comments. Especially on this story.

People were outraged and said they'd still come here to Topix. So, where are these whiney idiots at?? Usually this topic would have had over 200 responses by now.

I guess some of those whiney losers don't like the fact that they can't make libelous/slanderous statements behind a screen name anymore.
City Worker

Dayton, OH

#3 Sep 8, 2008
Interesting wrote:
I find it interesting that ever since Ohio.com 's decision to make people register their comments created such an outrage, that there would still be tons of comments. Especially on this story.
People were outraged and said they'd still come here to Topix. So, where are these whiney idiots at?? Usually this topic would have had over 200 responses by now.
I guess some of those whiney losers don't like the fact that they can't make libelous/slanderous statements behind a screen name anymore.
Same thing with the thread I started on the new gun law. No repsonse.

“Watch out, I might be angry...”

Since: Sep 07

North Ghetto Hill

#4 Sep 8, 2008
i think it's going to take a few days for peoples to readjust to reading news via the topix page rather than on ohio.com ...i know that i am adjusting!

“I'm just saying...”

Orrville

#5 Sep 9, 2008
I agree....its an adjustment. Funny thing is it almost seems to have better coverage...without ohio.com .....hmmmmmm
The Voice of Reason

Uniontown, OH

#6 Sep 9, 2008
Shari Walsh is a complete idiot. that's why it took her so long to make this determination.

“I'm just saying...”

Orrville

#7 Sep 10, 2008
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Shari Walsh is a complete idiot. that's why it took her so long to make this determination.
Lets face it. You hate Shari Walsh. Had she completed the investigation quickly you would have said how can she do it so fast.

I would rather have it done right and take some time than have questions lingering. While it did take some time to complete I don't see how you can complain. Would you prefer there were lingering questions?

Not really much of a voice of reason.

“STUPIDITY HAS NO PREJUDICE”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 10, 2008
What gets me is the interview with the Stephens and neighbors afterwards. The neighbors even said that that neighborhood doesn't respect the police. Now this answers my question of why Stephens did not get on the ground when he was told. I guess they should all learn that whether you respect the police or not, if you have a gun and you don't do what you are told, you will be shot. Don't whine about it when it happens take your punishment for being ignorant and move on or learn from it. How about everyone in that neighborhood not ever call APD. Deal with your own problems and let the police who are respected by others do their jobs where they are needed. To me, this is all common sense.
DeaconBlues

United States

#9 Sep 10, 2008
Tobie1108 wrote:
What gets me is the interview with the Stephens and neighbors afterwards. The neighbors even said that that neighborhood doesn't respect the police. Now this answers my question of why Stephens did not get on the ground when he was told. I guess they should all learn that whether you respect the police or not, if you have a gun and you don't do what you are told, you will be shot. Don't whine about it when it happens take your punishment for being ignorant and move on or learn from it. How about everyone in that neighborhood not ever call APD. Deal with your own problems and let the police who are respected by others do their jobs where they are needed. To me, this is all common sense.
There's no such thing as common sense in those neighborhoods. If the Easter Bunny was holding a gun to me, I'd drop immediately.

“STUPIDITY HAS NO PREJUDICE”

Location hidden

#10 Sep 10, 2008
DeaconBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as common sense in those neighborhoods. If the Easter Bunny was holding a gun to me, I'd drop immediately.
LOL yeah me too.
John Newman

Middlefield, OH

#11 Sep 13, 2008
I second that one Walsh was right on this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds OK plan to sell Norton Homes (Feb '08) 4 hr leechy 9
Canal Fulton Music Emporium (Oct '12) May 9 Musikologist 16
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Randy Miller 7
Topia Place abandoned? (Aug '08) Mar '17 also an unsub 12
News Hillary Lost. Should We Care? Mar '17 kuda 8
News Ohio, Michigan electors say they won't switch v... Dec '16 American Man 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in Columbus area Saturday (Oct '16) Oct '16 Clinton-JobsOutso... 6

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages