Obama buzz big at watch parties

Obama buzz big at watch parties

There are 37 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 28, 2008, titled Obama buzz big at watch parties. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Shirley Washington woke up crying Thursday. The day her father said would arrive finally seemed within reach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
EXHIPPIE

Akron, OH

#23 Aug 29, 2008
Chrissakes, Palin just stole Yomama's oxygen.
I LOVE it!!!!!
O bumma

Canton, OH

#24 Aug 29, 2008
Spirit of Reagan

Redwood City, CA

#25 Aug 29, 2008
Tracey wrote:
Obama said he would invest in alternative sources of energy in order to stimulate jobs and not be dependent on foreign oil with a goal of ten years.
I feel that was the one most important statement
He also said he would REPLACE oil in 10 years. Even the people in the Weaver workshop know that is impossible. But the lemmings just sat there and had tears of joy in their eyes being too ignorant to know it is impossible.
what

Cathedral City, CA

#26 Aug 29, 2008
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Intereting isn't it how he is "African American" when it suites his need? His mother is white so he is not Africian American - he is BI-RACIAL.
Not that I'm against an Africian American president - I think that would be great but let's get all our facts straight. AND, no president is better than the next everyone (not me) just likes to feed into their bull crap.
If his father was AFRICAN and his mother was AMERICAN, then he is in the TRUEST sense - African American AND Bi-racial.
why is it

Tulsa, OK

#27 Aug 29, 2008
the only hope america has is obama /biden. just read Mcsame just picked his vp running mate. even though he constantly slammed about obama's age and inexperience, he just named a 44yr. old, mother of 5 with no national political experience, and only 2 yrs working as gov. of Alaska,(in her own words, i am better at catching fish than..) I would be laughing my butt off at his choice, if it was not so terrifying that if he wins, we could be in even more trouble than what bush has done to us. My god, i guess with him it is all about celebrity, because most definitely, this woman is not even close to qualifying to run for vp of the united states, and we would be in enough trouble if mcsame get there, but to have 2 people in office that do not know anything about running a country, and are so impressed with what THEY consider their own great achievements, heaven help us! If Hillary did not beat Obama, what is heaven's name is wrong with mcsames brain thinking that someone with NO experience can help him win and even if that were the case, that they would benefit americans! Hahaha except now i know more terror and pray with everything inside me that Obama/Biden wins for the sake of not just americans, but the world over.
why is it

Tulsa, OK

#28 Aug 29, 2008
think people, think! for god's sake think! If mccain gets in and dies or whatever, assasinated, or whatever, that leaves the country in the hands of someone who knows NOTHING about foreign policy, united states policy, and in her own words she is better at fishing than.... Do you want the country in the hands of someone just starting a job within their own little boundaries who has no experience with the workings of our country as a whole, and whose family also has no knowledge of such, because she was not raised in a politcal family to show her the ropes. I have several friends who dabble in leadership things, but it is entirely different to place the safety, economy, and standing around the world in the hands of a woman who happens to look good to the mccains. and that is what would happen in he dies in office. Please vote for the good of america and all the future generations of america by voting for obama/mccain in08. Our very lives most probably depend on it.
Spirit of Reagan

Redwood City, CA

#29 Aug 29, 2008
why is it wrote:
the only hope america has is obama /biden. just read Mcsame just picked his vp running mate. even though he constantly slammed about obama's age and inexperience, he just named a 44yr. old, mother of 5 with no national political experience, and only 2 yrs working as gov. of Alaska,(in her own words, i am better at catching fish than..) I would be laughing my butt off at his choice, if it was not so terrifying that if he wins, we could be in even more trouble than what bush has done to us. My god, i guess with him it is all about celebrity, because most definitely, this woman is not even close to qualifying to run for vp of the united states, and we would be in enough trouble if mcsame get there, but to have 2 people in office that do not know anything about running a country, and are so impressed with what THEY consider their own great achievements, heaven help us! If Hillary did not beat Obama, what is heaven's name is wrong with mcsames brain thinking that someone with NO experience can help him win and even if that were the case, that they would benefit americans! Hahaha except now i know more terror and pray with everything inside me that Obama/Biden wins for the sake of not just americans, but the world over.
Let us do a quick comparison.

Obama - Community Agitator - I mean Organizer
Palin - Mayor, Governor - actually runs something.

Palin has MORE experience than Obama and he is at the TOP of his ticket.
O bumma

Canton, OH

#30 Aug 29, 2008
Spirit of Reagan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us do a quick comparison.
Obama - Community Agitator - I mean Organizer
Palin - Mayor, Governor - actually runs something.
Palin has MORE experience than Obama and he is at the TOP of his ticket.
Brilliant move by the RNC

YES SHE CAN
why is it

Tulsa, OK

#32 Aug 29, 2008
and how many morons are going to follow mcvain and the soccer mom now?
Party Jumper

Stow, OH

#34 Aug 29, 2008
The Real Change We Need.....MCAIN/PALIN! I am tired of Obama's rhetoric and upset Hilary got the shaft.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#35 Aug 29, 2008
Party Jumper wrote:
The Real Change We Need.....MCAIN/PALIN! I am tired of Obama's rhetoric and upset Hilary got the shaft.
Please explain to us what will change if McCain/Palin are elected.
Just a Thought

Ashtabula, OH

#36 Oct 27, 2008
An Obama presidency with a liberal super majority would be devastating. IF Obama is to be elected as the next president of the United States, the real excitement won't come from watching that foregone conclusion come to pass. No, the big question is, will Democrats nationwide simply "win" the night—or will they deliver an electoral drubbing so thorough that it signals the utter rejection of conservative ideology and kills the notion that America is a "center-right" country? While Obama and Nancy Pelosi is advocating amnesty and opening the door to let illegal aliens into America for political advantage, our jobs are being lost and other’s identity is being stolen.
Just a Thought

Ashtabula, OH

#37 Oct 27, 2008
ACORN=abuse of polls.
I was even approached by someone in ERIE...to his awakening...I helped him see the light!
The FBI is now investigating them in 15 states, and in NH it has been proven there was registration fraud!
Just a Thought

Ashtabula, OH

#38 Oct 27, 2008
Obama and his RADICAL friends...as Obama has said and has taught, "It's a power thing", and may use it as a way to control. Does Obama emulate his RADICAL friends, or is it just poor judgment and lack of common sense?

Saul Alinsky, another crazy RADICAL friend of Obama! What is with Obama and who he picks as friends?
http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/23/...

As his RADICAL friend Bill Ayers, of 10-12 years has stated "I am guilty as hell"..."Free as a bird"..."America is such a great country"...they both mock America, and Obama has mocked Gods word...the bible. Has Obama allowed Ayers RADICAL ideology that he uses as an instrument of social reproduction, and Obama’s past life’s experiences effect his thinking? YES!“Birds of a feather flock together” and they seem to be of the same personality, same character, same beliefs…it’s all about control and power to them and then they twist and manipulate other’s words to control another person! Obama’s camp right now is doing everything they can to keep other’s from knowing the truth by just calling them liars, writing letters, creating APPEARANCES to try and get people to feel sorry for OBAMA, terroristic sympathizers, no respect for life (abortion) and so on; they are now doing it to “ALL” media that don’t share with their beliefs; they want to control the world just like Bin Laden and Al Qaeda (very SIMILAR beliefs)! If Obama is elected, everyone can “KISS THEIR FREEDOM and the economy GOODBY”; they will not allow anyone to express their own beliefs if they don’t correspond to what the OBAMA camp stands for; THIS IS TOTAL ABUSE of what AMERICA stands for. Anyone who doesn’t see this is in total denial and very foolish! This election is not about winning because a person is either Democrat or Republican; it is about America’s survival!

What I really find interesting is that the McCain Camp and the news media gives us facts and truth about Obama and people get angry with McCain and the news media because of Obama’s actions; how clueless can these people be!
We need a strong President, a President who does have the experience, BOTH battle ground and political experience to run our country in both politics or in time of war, we need a President exactly like Senator McCain! McCain can and has looked the devil in the eye and has said “there is no place for you here, your destroying our country”.

Obama’s camp (Birds of a feather flock together) on the other hand deceives or says nothing at all because he knows that facts are truth and it will only get him in deeper and people "blindly" believe/follow him...the blind followers seem to have twisted and ABUSIVE thinking! Have these people lived in a HARSH ABUSIVE environment? YES, their pasts are proof of it! FACTS...Some don't see this because they may have lived it them self and are in denial of their own and Obama's actions…those who surround ANYONE influence what they become!
Just a Thought

Ashtabula, OH

#39 Oct 27, 2008
Obama’s Plans:
1. Lowers taxes for the working man=more money to spend=co-dependency=self destruction if a person lacks in “common sense” and “good judgment”!
2. Raises taxes on and spreads business’s profits around=product prices go up to compensate for the increase in taxes (who pays for this, the responsible working man), do you really think business is going to stay around the USA long enough to spread their profit! We would all love to have someone else be responsible for our actions…or would we!
3. What is going to happen to small business=with all the poor working man not having any jobs because big business left town or their jobs have gone to illegal aliens, the working man won’t have enough money to support them to stay in business, and the illegal aliens won’t make enough money to support any business!
4. It’s a great thing that America does help their neighbor…WHY, to help the ‘less fortunate” LEARN TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS so that someone else isn’t burdened with another’s responsibility!
The Obama camp has spent over $650,000,000.00 on their campaign (where is this money coming from),$820,000.00 went to ACORN! Obama said,“Spread the wealth around”. What we see happening…does Obama know what the word co-dependency=self destruction means? Does Obama realize that by helping someone, his campaign helps create a co-dependency…Obama does have an education background, and we would like to think that “common sense” goes along with that! Does Obama lack in “common sense” and “good judgment” OR does he see the co-dependency that has been created with the “less fortunate” and is using this co-dependency as a TOOL to be elected?

Co-dependency will make a person (the citizen) dependent on the other party (democratic party), and will allow the other party to be in TOTAL CONTROL! There is such a thing as co-dependency...mental abuse...they live the mental abuse and don't even realize it when it happens...very sad indeed! Why are there still some who want to remove “In God we Trust” from our society? It is because they want only more power and control!

http://www.wsj.com/article/SB1223856516987272...

McCain's Plan:
Quote per article
It is also true that John McCain proposes a refundable tax credit -- his $5,000 to help individuals buy health insurance. We've written before that we prefer a tax deduction for individual health care, rather than a credit. But the big difference with Mr. Obama is that Mr. McCain's proposal replaces the tax subsidy for employer-sponsored health insurance that individuals don't now receive if they buy on their own. It merely changes the nature of the tax subsidy; it doesn't create a new one.

I guess all we have to do is choose which one we should elect for President; it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Senator McCain…older and more wise (yes), battle ground experience—both political and actual war to run our country (most definitely), honorable, truthful and SINCERE—yes…please DON’T misplace your anger for Obama’s actions and blame Senator McCain, and the list goes on.

Vote for McCain and Palin in 2008!

I already have a disability that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I still fight for mine and others independence and really don't want anything to do with welfare...Obama and some other people just don't seem to realize that welfare is there to help people get on their feet and not to live it…they are creating an obamanation!

Respectfully,
An American citizen
rekd

Uniontown, OH

#40 Oct 28, 2008
Something to think about

Hi All - We are at a major crossroad in the history of the United
States of America . Here is one of the greatest challenges facing us
today.

How Racism Works...

What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his
graduating class?

What if McCain were still married to the first woman he said 'I do'
to?
What if Obama were the candidate who left his first wife after she
no longer measured up to his standards?

What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became addicted to
pain killers, but acquired them illegally through her charitable
organization?
What if Cindy McCain graduated from Princeton (BA) and Harvard Law
(JD)?

What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?
What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe the
election numbers would be as close as they are? This is what racism
does.

It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes positive qualities in one
candidate and emphasizes negative qualities in another when there is
a color difference.

You are The Boss... which team would you hire?

With America facing historic debt, 2 wars, stumbling health care, a
weakened dollar, all-time high prison population, mortgage crises,
bank foreclosures, etc.

Educational Background:

Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in
International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political
Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

Now, which team are you going to hire ?

PS: What if Barack Obama had an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter....

Just a Thought

Ashtabula, OH

#41 Oct 28, 2008
Glenn Beck: McCain Makes His Case
October 28, 2008 - 13:17 ET

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/art...

Partial quote from website:
GLENN: Are you tired yet? Are you ready for this to be over?
SENATOR McCAIN: No. It's so exciting. I was in Boxville, Pennsylvania last night. We had 5,000 people show up yelling, screaming. I'm telling you, it fires you up. I'm telling you, it just fires you up.
GLENN: I tell you, I feel fired up myself. I feel fired up with the -- I think America is finally addressing who Barack Obama really, truly is. This man is frightening with the tapes that have come out recently of him espousing Marxist ideas and talking about how the Constitution really needs to be changed.
----------
I spoke with Philip Berg this afternoon as he sat in his office, awaiting a crew from Fox News Channel in New York. While interest in his lawsuit among those at Fox has been steadily mounting over the past few days and weeks, Berg does not know exactly in what capacity the end product of the taping will be used.

"At this point," Berg said, "the nation just needs to know that Mr. Obama is not eligible to serve as president of the United States, that he has so far successfully hidden behind procedure, and that we could very well be headed toward a constitutional crisis unless this is addressed."

http://www.americasright.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manchester Video Store... Red head that worked ... Jun 14 Panther dad 94 1
News Feds OK plan to sell Norton Homes (Feb '08) May 27 leechy 9
Canal Fulton Music Emporium (Oct '12) May '17 Musikologist 16
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Randy Miller 7
Topia Place abandoned? (Aug '08) Mar '17 also an unsub 12
News Hillary Lost. Should We Care? Mar '17 kuda 8
News Ohio, Michigan electors say they won't switch v... (Dec '16) Dec '16 American Man 4

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages