Voters vent property tax frustrations at the polls

Full story: Courier News

Central Jersey voters echoed a statewide sentiment in Tuesday's Board of Education elections when they rejected nearly half of the area's school district budgets.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Ron Wieder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2006

I wonder how many voters realize that all new schools being built will have state-of-the-art theater/auditoriums ?
We don't get a chance to examine the blue prints - we're just asked to pay the tab ! And, local groups can't use the facilities as school boards are afraid we'll damage the equipment ! My wife was told that her children's theatre troup could no longer use Clinton Elementary School's theater for that reason - even though she was going to have a professional run the equipment ! Yes we voted down school budgets and for good reasonS !
WILDER

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2006

I too think there is a lot of tax dollar 'wasting' in the school systems. They cut out very educational trade programs from the highschool curriculum, yet they put in multi-thousand dollar auditoriums for theatre. Its gettint out of hand, the amount of tax increase that occurs each year. Its to the point now that townships need to sell off all reserved wildlife land to commercial businesses to create tax revenue to pay for all of this tax wasting taking place.
peggy

Andover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2006

What happened to all those promises.Now
we may not get a rebate..Wake Up..as
usual they lie and tax tax tax..
Wilder

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2006

The tax rebate plan should be stopped as soon as possible. People are blind to the fact that although citizens are getting money back from the government, they are paying it back through higher local government taxes. Wouldnt you rather pay less taxes and see improvement in our schools curriculum through proper funding rather than get a whole 300 or 500 one a year? I know I would. Id sign my check right back to the government to know that my kids would be able to play sports because programs arent being cut due to discrepancies in the school budget or save a few hundred a year in my property and local government taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clinton Discussions

Search the Clinton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Flamangos in Whitehouse Station reopens as The ... (Jun '09) Jul 7 Donna Paynter 84
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Francis Sheer 24
Kevin Malley says Merck hunger-strike targets P... (May '12) Jun 24 Dino 24
Looking for a daycare open on Saturdays near Gl... Jun 20 Awatts 1
Great and Gluten-Free in Whitehouse Station mak... (Nov '13) May '14 Elizabeth 3
Clinton sewer customers fighting proposed rate ... Mar '14 Linda 1
Melanie McGuire (Apr '12) Mar '14 NoDoOver 3
•••
•••

Clinton News Video

•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••