Trucker dies in crash, Route 78 eastb...

Trucker dies in crash, Route 78 eastbound shut in Clinton

There are 6 comments on the Jersey Journal story from Oct 11, 2006, titled Trucker dies in crash, Route 78 eastbound shut in Clinton. In it, Jersey Journal reports that:

Posted by The Star-Ledger October 11, 2006 22:21 A tractor-trailer slammed into a bridge abutment and burst into flames on Route 78 east in Clinton tonight, killing the driver and shutting part of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jersey Journal.

smn

Johnson City, TN

#1 Oct 12, 2006
This truck accident happened in front of me and I dialed 911 from the shoulder after having swerved around it. I barely missed it. I heard a small pop and explosion and flames on impact. While I was on the shoulder in front of it, a huge explosion that looked like it engulfed the overpass happened. A bunch of people that had run down the shoulder to help came running up past my car back to safety. I never saw anything like it.
Concerned Family

United States

#2 Oct 17, 2006
I am a concerned family member and trying to make sense of all this. Since you actually saw this happened, do you know how or why the truck swerved off the road? Please, anything you provide will help me understand. Thank you. bvk
smn wrote:
This truck accident happened in front of me and I dialed 911 from the shoulder after having swerved around it. I barely missed it. I heard a small pop and explosion and flames on impact. While I was on the shoulder in front of it, a huge explosion that looked like it engulfed the overpass happened. A bunch of people that had run down the shoulder to help came running up past my car back to safety. I never saw anything like it.
best friend

AOL

#3 Oct 17, 2006
my best friend died. can anyone tell me why or what happened to make him hit the bridge? he was not only my best friend but he was like a brother to me. please if you have any information that will help please respond.
nko

AOL

#4 Oct 19, 2006
noone sems to know why but i just want everyone to know i lost the first man who ever really showed me what love was really meant to be . i love you babe and allways will. your in my prayers.
smn

Johnson City, TN

#5 Nov 1, 2006
It was raining so hard you could not see the lines on the highway. I was staying in the center lane behind an 18 wheeler and following the tail lights from a distance. That truck made its way to the 31S exit in a gradual move from the center of 78E. I followed to get to the slow lane for the next exit. As that truck cleared my line of vision, I observed the second truck in front begin to swerve. Left, right, left, right, left, a loud pop and right serve at the same time as a fire ball engulfing the front of the truck. The original pop noise was seconds before the dead stop and fire ball. I'm not an expert so it would be me guessing...but side puddles on the highway were significant and the truck was on the shoulder not being able to tell it was not the slow lane.
Concerned Family wrote:
I am a concerned family member and trying to make sense of all this. Since you actually saw this happened, do you know how or why the truck swerved off the road? Please, anything you provide will help me understand. Thank you. bvk<quoted text>
Concerned Family

Schwäbisch Hall, Germany

#6 Feb 19, 2007
Thank you, for your info I really appreciate it the man driving the truck was my dad. I love you Pops
BVK
smn wrote:
It was raining so hard you could not see the lines on the highway. I was staying in the center lane behind an 18 wheeler and following the tail lights from a distance. That truck made its way to the 31S exit in a gradual move from the center of 78E. I followed to get to the slow lane for the next exit. As that truck cleared my line of vision, I observed the second truck in front begin to swerve. Left, right, left, right, left, a loud pop and right serve at the same time as a fire ball engulfing the front of the truck. The original pop noise was seconds before the dead stop and fire ball. I'm not an expert so it would be me guessing...but side puddles on the highway were significant and the truck was on the shoulder not being able to tell it was not the slow lane. <quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melanie McGuire (Apr '12) Fri Answer 4
A&P store replacement Nov 26 Gamshaft 1
Riding with HEART Equine Therapy Center 4th Ann... Aug '17 bdelgmail 1
Review: Detail Magic (Dec '12) Jul '17 Kelly 3
Merv Griffin's old house address? (Jul '12) May '17 ambodian 6
Where is the gym? (Dec '16) Mar '17 lifter 2
News N.J. immigration lawyer: Will Trump be worse th... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spud 47

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages