Height Of Hypocrisy

Height Of Hypocrisy

There are 16 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Height Of Hypocrisy. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

Ironically, as New York's Attorney General, Eliot Spitzer was known as a ruthless prosecutor who helped root out corruption on Wall Street and busted several prostitution rings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

“ITS TIME TO ROOST !”

Since: Nov 07

Princess Anne, MD

#1 Mar 12, 2008
LOOK..this happens all day..every day..
if someone can affordd to pay $5500 for sex & does..he needs his head checked..
Anyhoo..
this is a problem for his wife to deal with?
He should resign tho..hes to preoccupied to deal with OUR real world problems!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Mar 12, 2008
I think that MORALLY this is a problem between Spitzer and his wife. However, since elected officials in this country are sworn to UPHOLD the laws of this country, not break them, I think politicians should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. I think he should resign his office if for no other reason, being an idiot. I mean, come ON: he's the governor of a major US city, he should KNOW that his actions are going to be scrutinized, why take stupid chances? Wonder if he's thinking that his escapades with the prostitutes were worth it....?
jersey girl

Clinton, MD

#3 Mar 12, 2008
Pachacutec wrote:
I think that MORALLY this is a problem between Spitzer and his wife. However, since elected officials in this country are sworn to UPHOLD the laws of this country, not break them, I think politicians should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. I think he should resign his office if for no other reason, being an idiot. I mean, come ON: he's the governor of a major US city, he should KNOW that his actions are going to be scrutinized, why take stupid chances? Wonder if he's thinking that his escapades with the prostitutes were worth it....?
He's the govenor of the State of New York

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

#4 Mar 12, 2008
Sex Crazed Spitzer is now officially up there on my list of Hippocrates. I placed him in third place behind Al Gore (1st Place) and Bill Clinton (2nd Place). Bill is higher than Elliot in this case because he was a President whereas Spitzer was only a Govenor.

Also, if he doesn't choose to resign, then I hope the NY General Assembly follows through and impeach's his *ss.

Members of office must be held to higher standards especially if we taxpayers are footing their salaries.
crash test dummy

Fairfax, VA

#5 Mar 12, 2008
his career is over.
fed up with the mess

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2008
Pachacutec wrote:
I think that MORALLY this is a problem between Spitzer and his wife. However, since elected officials in this country are sworn to UPHOLD the laws of this country, not break them, I think politicians should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. I think he should resign his office if for no other reason, being an idiot. I mean, come ON: he's the governor of a major US city, he should KNOW that his actions are going to be scrutinized, why take stupid chances? Wonder if he's thinking that his escapades with the prostitutes were worth it....?
Bingo! We have a winner! Right on!!!
fed up with the mess

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2008
Mark JM wrote:
Sex Crazed Spitzer is now officially up there on my list of Hippocrates. I placed him in third place behind Al Gore (1st Place) and Bill Clinton (2nd Place). Bill is higher than Elliot in this case because he was a President whereas Spitzer was only a Govenor.
Also, if he doesn't choose to resign, then I hope the NY General Assembly follows through and impeach's his *ss.
Members of office must be held to higher standards especially if we taxpayers are footing their salaries.
AMEN!!!
fed up with the mess

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2008
He has a problem...a big problem. He needs to step down and work things out with his wife and family. He has fallen short like most. God forgives!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#10 Mar 12, 2008
I could maybe - MAYBE - see if it was a one-night stand. However, by his actions, Gov Spitzer has betrayed his constituents, he's betrayed his wife, he's betrayed his kids. If he took his marriage vows in church, he betrayed his God. And, speaking of his children, how in the world can this man even face his teenaged daughters? Can you imagine how they must be feeling at this time?
askgees

Washington, DC

#11 Mar 12, 2008
I disagree, all politicians are corrupt. This is a new breed of politicians "career politicians" and they are to concerned with their own futures to effectively govern. They will not do what needs to be done to correct the problems because they could lose their jobs. The only way to begin fixing the mess they created is to set term limits for the house and senate. 4 terms max.
LCG

Fort Collins, CO

#12 Mar 12, 2008
Notice how the list includes all men!
Have any elected female officials abused their office. Men - keep it zipped up!
the philosopher

Decatur, GA

#14 Mar 12, 2008
All those guys are freaks!
BJC

Washington, DC

#15 Mar 12, 2008
All politicians have secrets as do all people. They are in the spotlight. We are not. I would bet that a few of the people that have commented on his behavior have done the same of worse. Remember, do not throw stones when you live in a glass house. However,
he has done no worse, in fact less than Marion Barry of whom DC put back into politics before the smell of jail was gone.
fed up with the mess

United States

#16 Mar 12, 2008
LCG wrote:
Notice how the list includes all men!
Have any elected female officials abused their office. Men - keep it zipped up!
They can't...they are animals in heat...out of control.
fed up with the mess

United States

#17 Mar 12, 2008
Pachacutec wrote:
I could maybe - MAYBE - see if it was a one-night stand. However, by his actions, Gov Spitzer has betrayed his constituents, he's betrayed his wife, he's betrayed his kids. If he took his marriage vows in church, he betrayed his God. And, speaking of his children, how in the world can this man even face his teenaged daughters? Can you imagine how they must be feeling at this time?
I'll bet they don't want to show their face anywhere. I feel sorry for them. May GOD give them strength.
JIM

AOL

#18 May 14, 2008
I THINK THAT WE HAVE TO GIVE SPITZER SOME CREDIT. HE LEFT HIS DRESS SOCKS ON WHILE ENGAGING IN HIS FAVORITE ACTIVITY. HE WAS PRACTICING SAFE SOX OUT OF CONCERN FOR HIS WIFE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.J. immigration lawyer: Will Trump be worse th... Dec 29 spud 52
Merv Griffin's old house address? (Jul '12) Dec 27 Sstephen 5
Where is the gym? Dec '16 VHM66 1
Review: Detail Magic (Dec '12) Oct '16 Rick 2
News Fact checking Clinton's speech slamming Trump i... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Hannah2016 1
Review: Winnewald Day Camp (Jul '14) Jun '16 sinkships82 3
News Video: Rutgers coach wins College Baseball Insp... (May '16) May '16 Wayne T Haryshorn 3

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages