Merck to fund Vioxx settlement in August

There are 20 comments on the Jul 17, 2008, Salon.com story titled Merck to fund Vioxx settlement in August. In it, Salon.com reports that:

Drugmaker Merck & Co. said Thursday it will fund the $4.85 billion settlement expected to resolve roughly 50,000 lawsuits related to its Vioxx painkiller, with initial payments to former users of the withdrawn ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.com.

Ross Darwin Australia

Dayboro, Australia

#8070 Nov 12, 2011
Lawyers in Australia, are appealing the Courts decision, We might get the Merck BASTARDS yet. May God help us and all the ones around the World still suffering. Hope I live long enough to see a result.
Ross Darwin Australia

Conondale, Australia

#8071 Nov 22, 2011
The f ing bastards would rather pay $1billion than admit there murders. Up the lot of them. Will never trust a Yanky firm again, they murder and get away with a fine. What a shit of a Country.
Henry

Lake Worth, FL

#8073 Feb 3, 2012
Hi I just found this board and have a question.
Does the amount that is indicated by the points calculator represent the full settlement amount that is payed or are lost future wages and medical expenses added to that amount. I apologize if this has already been covered.
Merck

Pearland, TX

#8075 Feb 22, 2012
How do I get some of the free money, I could sure use it. I failed to save enough for retirement and need the money.

Who can we sue next, who has the deepest pockets ?
Merck

Pearland, TX

#8076 Feb 22, 2012
Ross Darwin Australia wrote:
The f ing bastards would rather pay $1billion than admit there murders. Up the lot of them. Will never trust a Yanky firm again, they murder and get away with a fine. What a shit of a Country.
I suggest you stick with chit made in Australia.......
pensioner 36

Brisbane, Australia

#8077 Apr 7, 2012
Merck the only chit in the world is what comes out of the USA. They treat the rest of te world as second class, what a country shootings at schools, not a very safe place to get educated. the MERCK bosses have still not offered to try there killer vioxx pill shows what a pack of BASTARDS they are. Only a couple of hundred here have put in a claim. It cost more for there Lawyers expenses than we claimed for. One day they will all suffer in HELL or are they all muslims and wil get there virgins.
Bob in Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach, VA

#8078 May 7, 2012
So sad to report the death of Dick in Ohio. Damn Vioxx!!
MCKINNEY

Irving, TX

#8079 May 7, 2012
hate to hear that he was very helpful on this site to a lot of people.
pensioner 36

Noosaville, Australia

#8080 May 8, 2012
RIP Dick.
Still waiting for the gutless Merck bosses to say they will try VIOXX. The bastards are making millions while people still die.
They keep there names out of the papers so they cannot be taken care of.
pensioner 36

Brisbane, Australia

#8081 May 12, 2012
Well the bastards won there court appeal. I pray that the Board and shaheholders of Merck all rot in hell and the sooner the better.
How a company can pay out to people in there own Country and then spend more on a court case than they would have to pay out for people in another Country. The sooner Australia pulls out of American Wars the better. Up the lot of them.
Ralph

Dell Rapids, SD

#8082 May 13, 2012
pensioner 36 wrote:
Well the bastards won there court appeal. I pray that the Board and shaheholders of Merck all rot in hell and the sooner the better.
How a company can pay out to people in there own Country and then spend more on a court case than they would have to pay out for people in another Country. The sooner Australia pulls out of American Wars the better. Up the lot of them.
Pensioner 36, Your bitterness is gonna eat you up from within. Merck is a multinational corporation. They did their dirty deed worldwide. I have always had great respect for Aussies,but you guys need to let go of your anger and stop lashing out at the USA. Your country has always been an ally,and fought bravely whenever needed. It was always a mutual decision to go to war with us. If your entire country wants to pull out troops, I suppose you should. If you and a few vioxx victims are just mad, lash out in another way. You are right about one thing. The wrongdoers will burn in Hell. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.
Jerry B

Flushing, NY

#8083 Aug 31, 2012
This is unfortunate and I will continue to pray for those who continue to suffer from Vioxx related injuries. http://www.fosamaxclassactionlawsuit.com/case...
pensioner 36

Maryborough, Australia

#8084 Sep 4, 2012
Still feel the same, pay the Yanks and forget the Aussies. You need to change the laws over there, pay one pay all. We fight and die for your Country and all the thanks we get is TOO BAD. Ralph says stop lashing out at the USA they are responseable for the deaths. What has the Gov done to help those suffering, stuff all. Your Country killed thousands with these pills, they should not have been on the market. Maybe a new Pres. might make a differance.
Ralph

Dell Rapids, SD

#8085 Sep 6, 2012
pensioner 36 wrote:
Still feel the same, pay the Yanks and forget the Aussies. You need to change the laws over there, pay one pay all. We fight and die for your Country and all the thanks we get is TOO BAD. Ralph says stop lashing out at the USA they are responseable for the deaths. What has the Gov done to help those suffering, stuff all. Your Country killed thousands with these pills, they should not have been on the market. Maybe a new Pres. might make a differance.
What is it about multinational corporation do you not understand. Merck started as a German outfit,and ended up in the U.S. American laws apply to Americans,and Australian law applies to Australians.Please don't be angry with the U.S. Merck was operating under your laws when they sold the killer drug,Vioxx.Best wishes to you and other victims.
pensioner 36

Toowoomba, Australia

#8086 Sep 7, 2012
ralph. The profits went back to USA. That is where the money is. Still say they are all Bastards. Would be a great vote winner if candidates admitted USA did something wrong and they are not the only people on this planet. Will also be glad when your election is over sick of all the crap on tv. and Yanks must be really dumb if they believe all the crap.
Ralph

Dell Rapids, SD

#8087 Sep 8, 2012
pensioner 36 wrote:
ralph. The profits went back to USA. That is where the money is. Still say they are all Bastards. Would be a great vote winner if candidates admitted USA did something wrong and they are not the only people on this planet. Will also be glad when your election is over sick of all the crap on tv. and Yanks must be really dumb if they believe all the crap.
Yes pensioner,there are many dumb people in the USA. We have become a nation of whiners and takers. Always wanting something for nothing. We would have to be ignorant to re elect our current president. He has overseen the doubling of gas prices,unemployment of over 8%,food costs have increased by approximately 40%,a new healthcare law that will introduce many new taxes and fees,and still he is ahead of his opponent.I am afraid you might get your wishthat the US suffer. Good luck in your future battle with Merck.
pensioner 36

Brisbane, Australia

#8088 Dec 26, 2012
Well we are still at it and getting no where. Just wish Merck woud pay us out the same as they did in USA. The idea of going to Court again and the costs,which are more than our claim. Merck would get a little bit of respect back by doing this, but I will not hold my breath waiting.
Dave 1036

Noosaville, Australia

#8089 Feb 24, 2013
Well the Bastards at merck have beaten me, I have today been told I have cancer. so I am another Vioxx sufferer in Australia that they will never have to pay. One thing that makes me happy is I will be in heaven watching all those lying bastards who said it was not VIOXX that gave us heart attacks fry in hell they get what they deserve. Fuck the lot of them.
Dave 1036

Nambour, Australia

#8090 May 14, 2013
The Bastards are worse than I thought. The fuckers have made an offer to Australians still alive a lump sum settlement to the total of $2000 if you are still alive if dead $1500 to your estate. that would be the biggest insult any Yank to make to anybody. What a pack of BASTARDS Merck bosses are. That is about what they spend on a night out. I hope Australia never goes o help yanks out when they are in trouble .
Dave 1036

Brisbane, Australia

#8091 Oct 15, 2013
Well I thought Merck were BASTARDS, I was wrong they are FUCKING BASTARDS. In Australia they have changed the rules for payment in the Aussie court case.
It was originally if you had taken Vioxx within 90 days and had a heart attack, you could claim. Now they have made it 30 days and have a heart attack. They are right BASTARDS my vioxx was 50 days.
I hope the American Gov goes down the drain and Merck gets washed down with it.
Words fail me, all we wanted was a small payment, anything, would do. We are not after millions. So I hope merck shares go down and any share holder loses there money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hello Mar '15 David alimi 1
The price to pick-up garbage is too high! Feb '15 Dermot 3
Merv Griffin's old house address? (Jul '12) Feb '15 Kevin Durkin 3
News Director wants physicals for drivers age 40 and... Dec '14 jack 2
The price to pick up garbage is too high! Nov '14 Amy York 1
Cell Phone Repair Store (Oct '14) Oct '14 lisa2636 1
CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTER Don J Nicholson (Oct '14) Oct '14 XJW 1
More from around the web

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE