Clinton Decline
Sagebush

United States

#1 May 1, 2009
With the influx of South Jackson into the Clinton area, the town is on the way down. Starts slow but watch it gather speed. Already dangerous to attend the movie house in Clinton and you take your life in your hands if you drive on the speedway called Hwy 80. Jackson has begun putting their getto apartments on the Clinton-Jackson line, this way they get the taxes and Clinton gets the crime. Read the Police reports in the Clinton News and introduce your self to the new Crime laden Clinton.
I agree

Pearl, MS

#2 May 11, 2009
Clinton is on the way. You can see the evidence by going to any of the gas stations in town. All the thug ghetto style clothing, crack pipes, small glass rose pipes with brillo pads(used to smoke crack. There is actually a tobacco shop with bongs, dugouts, cigar splitters... nicely displayed at the check out. Even cities like Atlanta don't let drug pipes sold in this manner. Of course the owner puts a sign up "TOBACCO USE ONLY".. unbelievable!
Loves Rotties

Southaven, MS

#3 Jun 2, 2009
As a law abiding citizen and long time resident of Clinton, I am in the process of leaving. I have enjoyed my time there but the crime is getting crazy despite all the police who do their best to keep the trash of Jackson out.. Also, the "Mayor" thinks its her decision as to what kind of dog I own. I have a rottie and WILL NOT be told he is mean or aggresive in any manner. As someone that has worked in the Veterinary Field for over 10 years, I am a firm believer that animals are a product of their environment just as all those bad kids with no manners running free in Walmart. PLEASE outlaw them, that would make it easier for everyone! The stupidity of Clinton's unknowledgable Mayor is helping put Clinton into the handbasket of hell! It will be worse than South Jackson before you know it. Thanks but no thanks... I am moving out!
Anonymous

United States

#4 Oct 27, 2011
started w katrina im sick of the tribes anywhere u go esp walmart
Freedom of Speech

Jackson, MS

#5 May 3, 2012
I moved in Jan., 2011 b/c of thugs living on my street. I went to Richland or Pearl Walmart for the same reasons, thugs!
Former Clintonian

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jun 4, 2012
Oh this just makes me so sad. I grew up in Clinton and have such wonderful memories of that small town back in the 80's- when I was a kid. I only get back to MS a couple times a year, and always make a point to visit Clinton. During my last few visits, I have noticed that it just doesn't seem like the same place. What is with abandoning one building, just to open the very same business in a new building around the corner? Wasteful if you ask me. Ever heard of renovating? I know there are more issues than this and I really hope that something can be done to preserve the "old feeling" of Clinton before it's too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Adult sex dating in picayune mississippi (Sep '08) Sat grossmaer37 7
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Fitius T Bluster 21,382
Yazoo Master Mower Factory In Jackson Jan 19 Wascator 1
Negroes in Customer service! Jan 17 ThomasA 5
The NAACP is over Jan 16 three blocks 1
Looking for anyone related to John Henry Kelly Jan 14 GrandsonOfJohn 1
Winn-Dixie, Northside Dr, Clinton (Oct '13) Jan 13 The Rock 3

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages