Judge silences guns at firing range -...

Judge silences guns at firing range - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 16 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 9, 2010, titled Judge silences guns at firing range - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The Clinton Police Department has been ordered to hold its fire for now at the Clinton Fish and Game firing range, a portion of which lies in Lancaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Kande

Framingham, MA

#1 Oct 9, 2010
Im betting this woman was and still is an obama supporter.. she moved in near a gun range.. now wants it to move for her? Wish common sence would take over and the courts would tell her if she dont like it to move her sorry behind else where...
Bang

Leominster, MA

#2 Oct 9, 2010
It's the equivalent of moving into a house next the rail road tracks and then complaining about the trains. Sorry lady it's not the range that has to move it's your arrogant butt. "I don't know how far a bullet travels or what happens when it hits water but I'm worried about my kids."? Then move to a deserted island and stop screwing up things for the people around you, you self important witch.
concerned for rights

Clinton, MA

#3 Oct 9, 2010
The range has been there and in use since 1924 so the neighbors should have known that before they bought/built there. Now suddenly its no longer legal??? someone needs to get their head out of their posterior!
Saftey first

Amesbury, MA

#4 Oct 9, 2010
It is absolutely ridiculous to allow firing guns in a residential area. If there are people that could possibly be shot then it has to be outlawed! It should never have been legal to begin with. Only in Clinton and Lacaster where they have a town government system that rivals the Beverly Hillbillies, would that even exist!!!!
DJB

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Oct 9, 2010
Saftey first wrote:
It is absolutely ridiculous to allow firing guns in a residential area. If there are people that could possibly be shot then it has to be outlawed! It should never have been legal to begin with. Only in Clinton and Lacaster where they have a town government system that rivals the Beverly Hillbillies, would that even exist!!!!
If there's a danger of someone being shot I think it would've been stopped sometime between now and 1924. People should check what's in the area before buying a house then they wouldn't have anything to complain about. When it's quiet I can hear traffic on the highway so should I write to get the highway rerouted?
Lunenburg

Shirley, MA

#6 Oct 10, 2010
This broad is you typical left-wing Massachusetts yuppie. Is her name Jen Benson?

Since: Oct 07

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Oct 10, 2010
Saftey first wrote:
It is absolutely ridiculous to allow firing guns in a residential area. If there are people that could possibly be shot then it has to be outlawed! It should never have been legal to begin with. Only in Clinton and Lacaster where they have a town government system that rivals the Beverly Hillbillies, would that even exist!!!!
The words are spelled "Safety" and "Lancaster". You're spelling rivals a 3rd grader's.

If it's a properly constructed range than there is absolutely no danger. I suggest you learn what it is your are talking about before making ignorant statements like the above. I'm sure if that range has operated that long it's properly constructed.
Lunenburg

Shirley, MA

#8 Oct 12, 2010
Erebus wrote:
<quoted text>
The words are spelled "Safety" and "Lancaster". You're spelling rivals a 3rd grader's.
If it's a properly constructed range than there is absolutely no danger. I suggest you learn what it is your are talking about before making ignorant statements like the above. I'm sure if that range has operated that long it's properly constructed.
Expecting anti-second amendment people to ever know what they are talking about is a pipe dream. Seriously this collection of fact ignoring misfits never go by the truth...they go by their feelings and guns scare them.
Grow Up

Whitinsville, MA

#9 Oct 12, 2010
Erebus wrote:
<quoted text>
The words are spelled "Safety" and "Lancaster". You're spelling rivals a 3rd grader's.
If it's a properly constructed range than there is absolutely no danger. I suggest you learn what it is your are talking about before making ignorant statements like the above. I'm sure if that range has operated that long it's properly constructed.
No, it is not a properly constructed range. Thus the problem.
Grow Up

Whitinsville, MA

#10 Oct 12, 2010
DJB wrote:
<quoted text>If there's a danger of someone being shot I think it would've been stopped sometime between now and 1924. People should check what's in the area before buying a house then they wouldn't have anything to complain about. When it's quiet I can hear traffic on the highway so should I write to get the highway rerouted?
All homes are built with building permits. It is the responsibility of the town to stop either the building of the home or the firing of guns into the backyard. They failed to do either. Now the town is being called upon to act because the risk level has increased. Would a police officer or another person using the range feel comfortable leaving their own child on the homeowners land while people use the firing range? Would they allow their own children to be at risk? There are proper places to build firing ranges and someone's backyard is not it.
Pleeeease

Montgomery, AL

#11 Oct 12, 2010
Hey Grow Up ..... Why don't you heed to your own advice .... You shouldn't have bought that house, the range was there long before you and as far as kids being in the back yard while people are using the range..... HAS ANYONE EVER HIT YOUR HOUSE WITH A BULLET ???.... If so , the range would have been closed down for good.. Don't like the noise of freedom ? Then leave our country ! We have the right to own and shoot guns ... The range was there long before you and i'm amazed at the ignorance you show in your posting.. Well , not really but , useing your kids as an excuse is pretty lame to say the least.... You make it sound like it's the wild wild west... Most people that use the range are expieranced outdoorsmen and women. Get out of our state too , your the type making it damn near impossible to own a gun in MASS... You knew the firing range was there , WHY DID YOU BUY THE HOUSE THEN... Please answer that for the forum ... Or are you a coward like most on here....
Pleeeease

Montgomery, AL

#12 Oct 12, 2010
Furthermore, you make it sound like they built the range after you bought the house... Is this how you get things ? Do you teach your kids to lie ??? Gawd , people like you make me sick. Changes are comming though , watch the upcomming election , people like you are going DOOOOWN !!!!
DJB

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Oct 12, 2010
Grow Up wrote:
<quoted text>
All homes are built with building permits. It is the responsibility of the town to stop either the building of the home or the firing of guns into the backyard. They failed to do either. Now the town is being called upon to act because the risk level has increased. Would a police officer or another person using the range feel comfortable leaving their own child on the homeowners land while people use the firing range? Would they allow their own children to be at risk? There are proper places to build firing ranges and someone's backyard is not it.
How about don't build a house or buy one if thats the case in a firing ranges back yard. I wouldn't buy a house behind a waste water plant then complain about the smell.
Grow Up

Sterling, MA

#15 Oct 13, 2010
DJB wrote:
<quoted text>How about don't build a house or buy one if thats the case in a firing ranges back yard. I wouldn't buy a house behind a waste water plant then complain about the smell.
Don't you understand? The house was there first. The firing range is an illegal firing range that has been there for years but still is illegal and people are at risk. If they made the firing range safer there would be no problem here but they are crying about having to spend money to do that. Instead they want to put citizens at risk and say things like "most people are at work when we shoot there". You can't just fire a gun and hope nobody is home.
Excallaber

Waltham, MA

#16 Oct 13, 2010
so the range has been there since the 20s and they are the problem becouse new houses moved there and brought their distructive attitude tword the community of outdoorsman just anouther Wawawawawaawa
I need to change some more diapers.
Excallaber

Waltham, MA

#17 Oct 13, 2010
The law even is stated not shooting 500 feet from houses, and thats the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Outgoing Pittsfield city councilor's 12-year ru... Apr 20 Mike B 14
News NightSide - What If Hillary Gets Indicted? Apr 20 Sigmund Freud 20
News Police Briefs (Jan '08) Apr 19 Irvinator 360 2
News Sanders wins 3 states; Clinton retains big dele... Apr 15 Three Days 33
News No one claims wayward Bay Bridge Chihuahua Apr 10 They Do 2
Ethics in Question: California Firefighting Aca... Mar '16 DWBD 1
News Ex-DCF worker says Baker needs to fix 2009 inta... (Oct '15) Mar '16 DCF CPS DSS are ... 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages