Primary-election endorsements - Senti...

Primary-election endorsements - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 22 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Sep 12, 2010, titled Primary-election endorsements - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The Sentinel & Enterprise endorses the following cancidates in Tuesday's contested primary elections: State Treasurer Steve Murphy has relished his role as the outsider in this race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

Worcester, MA

#1 Sep 12, 2010
of all the races that received endorsments i have followed two, and i agree with the show of support. i have met both sheriff candidate scot bove and treasurer candidate steve murphy. both seem to be great guys that want to do the work of the taxpayers. great endorsements and good luck to both of them
Hack

AOL

#2 Sep 12, 2010
Bove? surely you jest... Just a good old boy.
give me a break

Northborough, MA

#3 Sep 12, 2010
Bove has been there for 27 years. Why hasn't he implemented any of these great ideas already? Give me a break. He only has a high school degree and as a result, couldn't even get an entry level position at a federal prison or the Essex County Jail, to name a few. The WCHO is a mess. The last thing it needs is someone who has been there and done nothing.
ouyside observer

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Sep 12, 2010
Talk about mud slinging, this is the reason that I will not vote for T. Foley. You must be getting desperate.
Hack

AOL

#6 Sep 12, 2010
give me a break wrote:
Bove has been there for 27 years. Why hasn't he implemented any of these great ideas already? Give me a break. He only has a high school degree and as a result, couldn't even get an entry level position at a federal prison or the Essex County Jail, to name a few. The WCHO is a mess. The last thing it needs is someone who has been there and done nothing.
How true.
Interesting isnt it

Worcester, MA

#7 Sep 12, 2010
In the first Middlesex State Rep Race:
The Sun endorsed Sullivan. The S&E endorsed Sullivan. But the AYER Newspaper did NOT. Which paper would know Sullivan best do you figure?
sue

Worcester, MA

#8 Sep 12, 2010
for all of you blasting scot bove....work in corrections and see how difficult it is. it is a job that requires specific skills that need to be reviewed and updated continuously... it is knowing policies and being able to impelment them at the most stressful moments, because that is how quickly dangerous situations arise. it is needing to keep the jail safe for the officers who go there everyday, unarmed, never knowing what will happen while locked in a facility with criminals who get more violent as time goes by. so tom foley supporters: how would you feel if mr. bove wanted to be a colonel in the state police?? do you think he would qualify because he has 27 years experience in corrections?? scot would probably say no to that himself! so why does tom foley think he is more qualified than scot bove to be sheriff of worcester county?
Naturesway

Adelanto, CA

#9 Sep 12, 2010
sue wrote:
for all of you blasting scot bove....work in corrections and see how difficult it is. it is a job that requires specific skills that need to be reviewed and updated continuously... it is knowing policies and being able to impelment them at the most stressful moments, because that is how quickly dangerous situations arise. it is needing to keep the jail safe for the officers who go there everyday, unarmed, never knowing what will happen while locked in a facility with criminals who get more violent as time goes by. so tom foley supporters: how would you feel if mr. bove wanted to be a colonel in the state police?? do you think he would qualify because he has 27 years experience in corrections?? scot would probably say no to that himself! so why does tom foley think he is more qualified than scot bove to be sheriff of worcester county?
Wow you must be really mad. Try not to let it get to you. Relax and breath easy slowly. There see, much better. You may want to take an aspirin and drink some tap water.
Naturesway

Adelanto, CA

#10 Sep 12, 2010
sue wrote:
Wow, you sound mad. Try not to let it get to you. Breath easy relax. There see how much better. You may want to take an aspirin and get a drink of tap water.
Naturesway

Adelanto, CA

#11 Sep 12, 2010
Interesting isnt it wrote:
In the first Middlesex State Rep Race:
The Sun endorsed Sullivan. The S&E endorsed Sullivan. But the AYER Newspaper did NOT. Which paper would know Sullivan best do you figure?
I would think the Sun would well wait the S&E but well I would go with the Ayer but if Sullivan was endorsed by the wait a second. OK I got it now. I think the S&E is trying to score points so they endorsed Sullivan, who by the way I really dont think is qualified. Only because when someone cheats on there wife then I dont know if they can be trusted. But by all means I would go with The Sun News Papper, just as long as they print what I sent them for the editorial. Ok bud that should about do it. Ya think.
outside observer

Fitchburg, MA

#12 Sep 12, 2010
sue wrote:
Thanks Sue for this posting. The proclem is that the people that are bashing Mr. Bove probably do not have a clue as to theworkings of the jail. This position needs a person that has been there and done that! From what i am to;d by talking with the employees of the jail, the majority do not want anymore of on yhe job training. I have been to the forums that have been sponsored by varios groups, and by far Mr. Bove is head and shoulders above the rest. Many times Mr. Foley could not answer the moderator's questions, and referred them to Mr. Bove. He has my vote
Seriously

Worcester, MA

#13 Sep 13, 2010
I find the majority of Bove supporters cannot spell words correctly... typical!
Vote for Qualifications

AOL

#14 Sep 13, 2010
Go Tom Foley, after reading the above I'm certain.
Please

Gardner, MA

#15 Sep 13, 2010
What a joke this paper truly is.
I find it almost laughable to even consider voting for a candidate based on who the S+E endorses.
Maybe we should do a little homework and vote on who "we the people" think will represent us best.
Please, folks, study the candidates carefully, look at their past accomplishments, if any, and vote your conscience.
DO NOT vote for anybody just because some political hacker has an axe to grind.
1st Middlesex Voter

Brookline, NH

#16 Sep 13, 2010
Naturesway wrote:
<quoted text>I would think the Sun would well wait the S&E but well I would go with the Ayer but if Sullivan was endorsed by the wait a second. OK I got it now. I think the S&E is trying to score points so they endorsed Sullivan, who by the way I really dont think is qualified. Only because when someone cheats on there wife then I dont know if they can be trusted. But by all means I would go with The Sun News Papper, just as long as they print what I sent them for the editorial. Ok bud that should about do it. Ya think.
The "Ayer paper" is not the Ayer paper. It is a joke as far as local political news goes and is full of biased "reporters" and a biased hack "editor" who have been in the tank for the Hargraves/Harrington machine for months. P.S. Go take some spelling and grammar lessons and try to also pull yourself out of the gutter; you will feel better.
Just stop calling me

Leominster, MA

#17 Sep 13, 2010
Seriously, nothing irritates me more than these bozo's calling me all day and into the night with their recorded phone messages. I'm on the National Do Not Call list. So how is it that politicians get around it? It's harrassment! I wish there was a number I could call them back on and tell them "I hope you loose...looser."
Fred

Brighton, MI

#18 Sep 13, 2010
I AGREE- ANY CANDIDATE RECORDED CALL TO MY HOME LOSES MY VOTE.
working guy

Worcester, MA

#19 Sep 13, 2010
how can foley run an say that he'll only take 93k on top of the 123k an he's doing us the favor! we the taxpayer are still paying for his perks! he's after one thing power to give jobs,anyone else would have to give up the disablity but do to an oversight he can get both! he may not think it's cheating but it is,people are losing there homes an jobs! tom shame on you!!!!!
Sheesh

AOL

#20 Sep 13, 2010
working guy wrote:
how can foley run an say that he'll only take 93k on top of the 123k an he's doing us the favor! we the taxpayer are still paying for his perks! he's after one thing power to give jobs,anyone else would have to give up the disablity but do to an oversight he can get both! he may not think it's cheating but it is,people are losing there homes an jobs! tom shame on you!!!!!
Are you gone or what? Read what you wrote, sheesh you bove goons are quite a bunch.
AAA

Athol, MA

#21 Sep 13, 2010
sue wrote:
Being a corrections officer can be difficult, but I'm sorry to inform you Scot Bove was never really a corrections officer, sure he's been there 27 years but he never worked the blocks his father made sure he was safe from the inmates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cousin is 13 and I'm 15 and I wanna have sex wi... (Jan '15) Wed Fuckmeharder 4
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) Feb '17 sammy 9
The Fireplace room welcomes back DAN KIROUAC in... Feb '17 New England Music... 1
Gross Jan '17 Billydog 1
Apartment Jan '17 Heavensent 1
Dan Kirouac returning to International Golf Club Jan '17 Beatleman 1
Bridge Winner Dec '16 kcfl 1

Clinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages