a successful survivor

Owensboro, KY

#125 Oct 11, 2010
just bad wrote:
Let's give Clinton to Missouri or TN
Clinton is just a "wannabe town". I despise it. Yes it is full of clicks. These people in those clicks are going to die someday just like you and me. And please don't get me on the christians that live in Clinton. I didn't know there were any true ones in that town. I hate that town with a passion. I hate to tell anyone that I graduated from Hickman County High School. The worse teachers there were Wilma Walker, Gruder, Nancy Woberton.(she got caught shoplifting a few months ago in Walmart at Union City), Lawrence Smithmeyer,(however you spell his name), Wilma Walker again, and principal, James Phillips was terrible. The best teacher there was Katherine Graham. She was the best!!! Teachers like Wilma Walker sucked up to the kids whose dad's were business owners, or so called society people. When I got married, my husband asked me where I wanted to live. I told him any place but Clinton, Ky!!!!!!!!!!
thumper

Bowling Green, KY

#126 Oct 14, 2010
mamamia wrote:
Oh wait, I forgot that is Hickman county, the chicken barns are owned by people with the "right" last names. They can stink like chicken "sh**" but they will be there forever.
Same way with the nasty old hog barns. Those kind of people get by with anything. I have no respect for them!
mike beard

Philadelphia, MS

#127 Nov 17, 2010
I have read this whole post, and it makes me sad to hear all of the things being said about Clinton.Some of the best years of my childhood were spent there. The "alltime" best year of my 16 years of school was in mrs Shaw's 5th grade classroom. She was a "World Class" teacher, and mentor. That was in the middle 50's. Clinton had No drugs--No crime--,and as far as I knew--No petty gossips.There was no welfare--medicade,or foodstamps, and the town was all white. John B Evans store had everything anyone needed, the drug store on the corner had the best "flat" hotdogs i ever eat, and the one policeman had little to do. Sounds like things have changed a lot in 50 years.Food for thought--Time and effort are better spent correcting a problem--Not complaining about it. I loved the Clinton I knew.
Regena French

Philadelphia, PA

#128 Nov 18, 2010
I don't know why "a successful survivor" would write that about Wilma Walker. She was my favorite teacher and always treated me great. And trust me, I'm not a kid of a business owner or a part of the "society". When I wanted to drop out of English 401 and take general English class, she called me into her room and convinced me to take the harder class because she had faith in me. When I see her anywhere now calls me by name and hugs me. She was and still is a wonderful woman and teacher.
For Real

Eddyville, KY

#129 Nov 18, 2010
In reading Mike Beards post it brought back a lot of memories. Many of the people we looked up to during our early years are now gone. Some residents you don't even know. They move in and a few months later they're gone. But Clinton is still the town we once loved and many of us chose to move back.

I can't remember a time when we didn't have a black community - remember Kane school before we all joined together. As for the drug store on the corner can't place that. There was a Brummels Grocery on the east corner of Hwy 51 that had wonderful sandwiches. And as for our Police Chief Joe Wayne Weatherford - we respected him, he respected us and he had family roots here. Makes a difference. Now we have four young cops running over each other and for the most they're not original Hickman countians. They're doing a good job but may not be the best solution.

People that post on here seem to have nothing but negative comments but Clinton is still a wonderful community to live in.

Did you graduate from HCHS and if so what year?
New Chic

Wickliffe, KY

#130 Nov 18, 2010
mike beard wrote:
I have read this whole post, and it makes me sad to hear all of the things being said about Clinton.Some of the best years of my childhood were spent there. The "alltime" best year of my 16 years of school was in mrs Shaw's 5th grade classroom. She was a "World Class" teacher, and mentor. That was in the middle 50's. Clinton had No drugs--No crime--,and as far as I knew--No petty gossips.There was no welfare--medicade,or foodstamps, and the town was all white. John B Evans store had everything anyone needed, the drug store on the corner had the best "flat" hotdogs i ever eat, and the one policeman had little to do. Sounds like things have changed a lot in 50 years.Food for thought--Time and effort are better spent correcting a problem--Not complaining about it. I loved the Clinton I knew.
I moved here recently and have met a lot of really nice people through the volunteer work I have been doing. As with all communities, especially small ones, there will be gossips and gripping, but I'm quit happy here and plan on staying. I love your words, "Time and effort are better spent correcting a problem--Not complaining about it," is so true. And that is what I am trying to do with this little town. Actions speak louder than words.
Adolescent Memories

Benton, KY

#131 Dec 11, 2010
Found myself smiling while reading Mike Beard's comment about Miss Cornelia Shaw. You may not recall, but she was a single lady. My family moved to Clinton when I was in 5th Grade at Central. We moved away from there during my Freshman year at HCHS. Miss Shaw was my teacher, as well as my neighbor. My Mother was fond of her and they visited back and forth. She made the best pecan pies I have EVER eaten. Her attic was quite fascinating. It was filled with books, since she was an avid reader. In looking back, she was a liberated career woman before the term was popularized. Her students would be surprised at the contrast between the teacher they perceived at school, and her private life at home.

I also have the fondest memories of Mrs. Martha Woodrow during grades 7 & 8. She had the art of making Greek and Roman history come alive!

Since: Jan 11

United States

#132 Jan 10, 2011
The problem is a mixture of things. From the drugs & hood rats to the cops & their crookedness. Clinton is a sh*t hole & needs to be removed off the face of the earth. The school hasn't won a single game in two years.
Mad Dog 420

Philadelphia, PA

#133 Jan 10, 2011
Falcon Flyer 270 wrote:
The problem is a mixture of things. From the drugs & hood rats to the cops & their crookedness. Clinton is a sh*t hole & needs to be removed off the face of the earth. The school hasn't won a single game in two years.
Damn right ! they need to take a dozer a push this place over the bluff along with everyone in it !
Abel

United States

#134 Aug 22, 2011
I like living here, but i am a small town person. The main thing about clinton that pisses me off is that someone always beating on the door begging for support during election. They say they will do this or that and never do a damn thing. They want your help but refuse to help you. There are only a few people here that will help somebody that dont care what your last name is or who your dad is. I think that is real bullshit, i never thought about last names or anything else if someone ask me for help. But i will for sure think about things when they knock on my door expecting a vote. Im going to laugh and kick there ass to the road.
lol

Murray, KY

#135 Aug 24, 2011
how about just the trash n clinton like judy davis and ray kirby jr who the police keep putting back out on the streets to once being picked up like trash for drugs again i heard judy so bad cops told her to leave clinton she live n apartments by railroad tracks she is class a trash she with albert hicks now he stupid good luck on cleaning u town up
No Way

United States

#136 Aug 24, 2011
Judy has to much to lose by doing something wrong.
Great place to live

Belton, KY

#137 Aug 24, 2011
I wish more time would be to help clinton make a change..I have been around clinton for years and its a great place..As i have read on here,most people can only B'''h ..Why not step up and make a difference.Quit wanting someone else to do the job,,,This is a great place,,and you know you can always move..As for the dozer,, i guess kids should go to huh..And i agree ,,the only way to get help around here is to have a well off last name..Even the banks ,,will give out-of-town people money before its own residents..You can buy chicken barns ,but can`t help a family needing help..Lose your home but hell no we need the 290th chicken barn..
Great place to live

Belton, KY

#138 Aug 24, 2011
I think the real reason is that anyone that can help in clinton ,,Doesn`t have anyone to back them up....Just like the banks ,,the only way either bank in CLINTON will help you is if your family farms or you live out of town,,Ive never been to a comunity where the people grew up ,,wants to be a real prik..And act like you owe them your life.. So to make a difference,,stand up for clinton,Soon or later even the priks must fall.GOD BLESS CLINTON
yada yada

United States

#139 Aug 24, 2011
lol wrote:
how about just the trash n clinton like judy davis and ray kirby jr who the police keep putting back out on the streets to once being picked up like trash for drugs again i heard judy so bad cops told her to leave clinton she live n apartments by railroad tracks she is class a trash she with albert hicks now he stupid good luck on cleaning u town up
the cops dont let her or them out. the courts do.
soft drink names

Wickliffe, KY

#140 Aug 25, 2011
lol wrote:
Its the judges that keep putting the trash back on the streets, not the law enforcement.
soft drink names

Wickliffe, KY

#141 Aug 25, 2011
Great place to live wrote:
I think the real reason is that anyone that can help in clinton ,,Doesn`t have anyone to back them up....Just like the banks ,,the only way either bank in CLINTON will help you is if your family farms or you live out of town,,Ive never been to a comunity where the people grew up ,,wants to be a real prik..And act like you owe them your life.. So to make a difference,,stand up for clinton,Soon or later even the priks must fall.GOD BLESS CLINTON
Holy sh--, have you ever heard of proof reading???!!!
Great place to live

Belton, KY

#142 Aug 25, 2011
Yes i proof read,,I just tried to avoid the real words..I don`t know if their are kids reading this.Just like your --..Only trying to avoid the obvious....Sorry I didn`t think with everything on here my spelling would matter..
life long resident

Elizabethtown, KY

#143 Aug 25, 2011
i was born an raised here,u got all types of different people.dirt farmers-chicken farmers-white trash drawin welfare-crack dealers drawin welfare an u got the workn man.The click makes me sick,bunch of self righteous pricks.Then the first of the month mailbox warriors.And now u got the backbone of the community the hard working men an women,that suppourts all of the above.And were the ones suffering,were a dying breed but when we go everybody eles will soon follow.we aint had shit handed to us or give to us.we work for what we got thats why were the heart of the county.Its not just hickman co.Its every where.I dont really love it here but its home.I work, pay my bills an take care of my family plus a few more families after taxes.But thats the way it is.theres only one thing for certain IM gonna stay white,pay taxes and die broke,but ill be happy knowing i done right an got through life without a big inheiritence,settlement or welfare.dont like what i had to say yall can kiss my as$.the rest of yall need to step up to the plate an take one for the team an H.C.may improve a little.but,yall dont want that do u.
Soft Drink Names

Union City, TN

#144 Aug 26, 2011
Great place to live wrote:
Yes i proof read,,I just tried to avoid the real words..I don`t know if their are kids reading this.Just like your --..Only trying to avoid the obvious....Sorry I didn`t think with everything on here my spelling would matter..
'Real words'??!! God, get me the fu-- out of this town...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Clinton, KY (Jul '10) 1 hr Garrett Lacewell 167
steven turner abd delana mott why hide 2 hr Hhh 2
no toes bolin Thu Beth 1
delana mott still around Thu back in black 1
josh lyman Wed Easyrider 12
jail Apr 15 Getit 3
Mike Apr 15 clm 6

Flood Warning for Hickman County was issued at April 17 at 10:12PM EDT

More from around the web

Clinton People Search