Black Diamond Fire Department

Black Diamond Fire Department

Posted in the Clinton Forum

Township

United States

#1 Jun 3, 2012
What is this i hear about a group of people getting together to start a fire department called i believe i was told Black Diamond Fire Department? There has to be legalaties surrounding this. People just cant go out and start a fire department can they?
Jon

Brazil, IN

#2 Jun 4, 2012
Check out the Indiana Secretary of State's website. Do a search for Black Diamond Fire Departmet's name under business services section. There is were you will find your answer.
yelp

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Jun 4, 2012
yes they can all they have to do is get the blessing from the township
NOT

Morris, IL

#4 Jun 5, 2012
There is nothing under Black Diamond Fire Dept. on the Secretary of States website. And if you ask the people of Township I believe you're going to get a rude awakening. Township people do not have much use for ms. martin.
Jed

Veedersburg, IN

#5 Jun 5, 2012
I also did a search by name, no such entity exists on the Indiana Secretary of State's search engine.
NOT

Morris, IL

#6 Jun 5, 2012
Kind of makes you wonder who's authority they are operating under, doesn't it?
Mark

Brazil, IN

#7 Jun 5, 2012
Why would the Clintonian recognize an entity that doesn't exist on their front page?

Sonny, check out the Indiana Secretary of State's website and verify the Department's existance before writing a story.
Disgusted

Crawfordsville, IN

#8 Jun 12, 2012
Ugh
Bahahahaha

Crawfordsville, IN

#9 Jun 13, 2012
Black Diamond? What a joke. Sounds like something Ms Martin would come up with. Yes Clinton, you elected an INBRED (parents were 1st cousins), alcoholic, dumbass bitch that couldn't get elected as a for anything now if she tried. The only reason she got elected is b/c she used "Costello" (married name) and everybody probably thought it was MIKE. Bahahahahahaha! Drink up and enjoy the power trip.
Bahahahaha

Crawfordsville, IN

#10 Jun 13, 2012
yelp wrote:
yes they can all they have to do is get the blessing from the township
The whole township or the joke..uh I mean "Trustee"?
what ever

Clinton, IN

#11 Sep 5, 2012
so has anybody herd anything else on this like has it bit her in the butt yet
NOT

United States

#12 Sep 9, 2012
I know they had a fire and no one knew how to get water out of the truck. And they had a run that was across the street from the fire house and they drove by it 4 times and when they finally found it they didn't have any oxygen on the truck. And that was why they were called out, because the person was having trouble breathing. Simply amazing how she wanted a professional department and all she has is a bunch of goof offs and incompetent people. I believe they fired the last driver because of an expired epi pen. Seems to me that this is something that should have been checked out before they ever left. I guess they're to busy playing with the fire hoses.
what ever

Clinton, IN

#13 Sep 11, 2012
hmmm great and i live in there area makes me feel safe but she got what she wanted
NOT

Dixon, IL

#14 Sep 11, 2012
She definitely has gotten what she wants, not sure how. Oh sorry I do know how she did that, the Commissioners don't know their asses from a hole in the ground. And her little board is apparently incompetent and afraid of her. All we can hope for is karma. She is really good at her line of crap and when you're dealing with incomptent people it's easy to pull it off. And besides not being able to find the house across the street, the "chief" got called out to Van Duyn school which is just down the street from the fire house as everybody knows. Everybody but the "chief" that is he drove clear out to Ernie Pyle. Not even in the disrict. Now how safe do you feel?
Citizen X

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Inbred? Parents were first cousins? Really? One family was from Indianapolis and the other from around here. With different last names and no relationship whatsoever? It seems as though your actually the inbred, with a large forehead and monobrow who doesn't understand the meaning of your own upbringing. And yes...ANYBODY can start a fire department. It can be a 501C3 Non-Profit organization. You can buy property, a building and trucks all day long. Have members, hold meetings and perform trainings. Whether or not you have any property to be liable to protect is another issue. And this ISN'T a new department. It's renamed. And if the current membership can't find their way around...how is that her fault? The current members were previous members. Or members from other deparments. Truth be told the rediculous and incompetent dispatcher probably said Ernie Pyle and Van Duyn interchangeably 10 different times. Then fell asleep at the console.
Citizen X

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Nobody remembers how poorly the CTVFD was ran and the many poor decisions that were made...wasting money by the bucket load and continuously asking for more to squander. They purchased an old used ladder truck for tens of thousands of dollars. For what? To spend tens of thousands on to fix. And who rememebrs the A-Frame house on 200E that had a tiny fire in the garage once...and CTVFD didnt' respond because the "paid" driver fell asleep and didn't hear the call. Meanwhile the others who weren't allowed to drive or even access to the station stood there helpless. And they wouldn't call the next nearest department because of the sore feelings they had because that other department decided to start their own rescue squad because of the poor service of CTVFD. So the house burned to the ground waiting for St. Bernice 10 miles away. Ya...former CTVFD was a top notch fire department ran by highly intelligent and well trained "professionals" who only ever did the best at everything. And dispatch again helped that house burn by not doing the right thing as well and listening to these fools.
Citizen X

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Jan 31, 2013
If you want to look at a department who acts like a bunch of fools look no further than the City. It's just like former CTVFD. Two or three people running the show. And running people off. The chief drives a $45000 Tahoe paid for with a city bond that will be paid on over 18 years. Imagine the interest just so he can have a ride from his home to the station to get the $750,000 ladder truck for the $10,000 house burning. The ladder is worth more than the whole downtown. It's truly a one man band that will FAIL as soon as the crap hits the fan someday and they realize you can't drive a chief car, drive a ladder truck, operate a hose line, wear a white helmet and save people all at the same time. The whole city is going to pot and the fire department wants a new station, new engine and millions if funding. For what? To what end? There is no end. A bunch of wannabes that think they are Boston Fire Department. It's literally a big playground for a bunch of kids who want to be important and think that they are the professionals they could never, ever be if they had to apply for a job on a real fire department. They couldn't even get hired or pass the mental evaluation or physicals.
hmm

Chicago, IL

#18 Jan 31, 2013
I heard that all combinations of the names Clinton Township Fire were used previously by the former chief and was run in the ground. So to keep a fire dept in township they had to change the name. Black diamond isn't something they pulled out of no where. The fire dept. is named after the black diamond coal mine. It's ran 110% better than it was..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meth heads in Clinton Indiana. 10 hr Bubbles 19
Melanie Willhite Sun Jennifer 2
lil italy fest (May '15) Sun Amy 9
Eagles Lodge 887 Sun Thinking 54
Gilfoy for mayor? (Mar '15) Sun Meth City 11
Trailer Park at the end of Ewing Street (Jun '14) Sun Jail Command 17
Bar/Nightlife Clinton May 21 Brad 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages